Uk Charts Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ireland Charts Results

Anyone know exactly have many albums were sold in Ireland

From u2.com

With A Bullet
The new album has gone straight in at No.1 in Ireland.

‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’ was released first in Ireland a week ago – and goes straight in at No.1 today, outselling any other releases by five to one, according to reports.

No surprise that music retailers in Ireland say the new album is the fastest selling of the year – more chart news as we get it.

Last edited:
*LOL* Perhaps you should apply for a job there.;)
When I bought my album on Wensday at Best Buy they had tons of copies out in the new section, it was hard to miss.

Last edited:
according to RTE (article @u2), Bomb shipped 5x platinum in Ireland - not sure what figure that equates to though

Mike

mikeuk said:
according to RTE (article @u2), Bomb shipped 5x platinum in Ireland - not sure what figure that equates to though

Mike

I think Platinum in Ireland is about 15,000 copies sold. This would be the same per capita as the United States for platinum. In addition, New Zealand which has population of roughly 4 million people like Ireland has platinum awards given to albums that sell 15,000 copies. ATYCLB is triple platinum in New Zealand for 45,000 copies sold.

So it looks like U2 has already shipped 75,000 copies in Ireland for 5 times platinum. In the USA, the album has shipped enough copies to go double platinum. So on a per capita basis, 2 to 3 times as many albums have been shipped in Ireland as in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom