HITS week 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Well the Building Album Sales Chart won't start in another hour or so, but here's an article about HITS' predictions for this week. I thought their self-relativity was kinda funny. :happy:

WEEK IN PREVIEW: HERE’S
WHAT'S BEHIND DOOR NUMBER 3
You’ve Selected a Very Stylish Rock Band—Congratulations!

Valentine's Day, 2005

OK, numerologists, this is what will happen at retail for the week just ended. Things change, of course, and this site is hardly the most reliable source of information, but you’re reading this, so what the heck.

This week’s chart-topper will almost certainly be Seventeen Days, the latest from The Doors…oops—wrong century. Make that from Republic Universal’s 3 Doors Down. The album looks like it’ll do somewhere in the 200k-210k range in a healthy first week—and rock needs a hit right about now, if only to keep Green Day company.

Speaking of the Reprise pop/punk avatars and just-named Grammy winners for best rock album, they should come in at #3 on 110k or so, behind G-Unit/Aftermath/Interscope’s The Game, who’s got legs as well as healed-up gunshot wounds.

<snip>

These projections are like Chicago weather: if you don’t like it, just wait five minutes. Till then…

BTW, there won't be any Grammy effects yet in this list. Maybe U2 will benefit a bit from any Valentine effects, but I doubt it will be much. At the very least, I expect the album to have higher sales than last week, although I don't think they'll rise on the charts.

:ohmy: A prediction by me!
(then again, I was very close with my 1st week USA prediction for HTDAAB :wink: )

C ya!

Marty

And we have started again!
Here are some very reliable numbers, with 0.65% in: :wink:

1 1 THE GAME THE DOCUMENTARY 1,372
3 2 GREEN DAY AMERICAN IDIOT1,129
-- 3 3 DOORS DOWN SEVENTEEN DAYS 977
41 4 BRIGHT EYES I'M WIDE AWAKE, IT'S MORNING 686
25 5 KILLERS HOT FUSS 641
33 20 U2 HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB 237

The Grammys will be reflected in Hits next week and hopefully and im sure will have a stablizing affect on sales....until the hall of fame and that will help the sales again and then the tour starts!

I think that U2 will do better than last week...! Maybe Top 30!

And then, the Grammies for Week 13... :wink:

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:
And we have started again!
Here are some very reliable numbers, with 0.65% in: :wink:

1 1 THE GAME THE DOCUMENTARY 1,372
3 2 GREEN DAY AMERICAN IDIOT1,129
-- 3 3 DOORS DOWN SEVENTEEN DAYS 977
41 4 BRIGHT EYES I'M WIDE AWAKE, IT'S MORNING 686
25 5 KILLERS HOT FUSS 641
33 20 U2 HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB 237

I think they should just stop counting there. :wink:

The album will increase in sales, just like it did last week. This is good news, and this weeks chart will not show the effect of the Grammy's. The effect of the Grammy's will be felt on next weeks chart.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it disappointing.....remember that we won't actually see the Grammy effect until next week's charts.......

Now with 35.67% done:

-- 1 3 DOORS DOWN UNIVERSAL 78,559
SEVENTEEN DAYS
1 2 THE GAME AFTERMATH/G-UNIT/INT 36,989
THE DOCUMENTARY
4 3 KENNY CHESNEY BNA 34,591

33 34 U2 INTERSCOPE 14,899
HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB

sale are quite good. to be fair i would rather have bigger sales than higher place in chart

POP-ROMANCER said:

charts tell us how 'popular' the music is.

But charts can also be deceiving. An album can increase in sales, but due to new entries or a few hot new singles, the album may drop on the charts (in fact, this happened last week to HTDAAB). Hence, I always feel overall weekly sales tell the better tale. If HTDAAB increases or maintains sales, that is a better reflection on its overall "popularity" than its chart position, which can bounce a lot.

#1 3 DOORS DOWN - SEVENTEEN DAYS - 235,020

#2 THE GAME - THE DOCUMENTARY - 151,797 -21%

#3 GREEN DAY - AMERICAN IDIOT - 129,770 +15%

doctorwho said:

Even though the album dropped on the charts, that's an impressive sales gain! :yes: I wonder if SoundScan will have a similar rise.

and you should consider the 5 new entries ahead of U2: definitely not bad :)

As a side note to me Green Day is gonna be the Usher of this year: 5X platinum or even more isn't out of reach for them before the end of the year...their sales are rising week after week (+15% this one) and probably they'll regain the top spot next week (for the 3rd time :eek: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom