Does U2s popularity bother anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lockandload

Babyface
Do you ever think that they have comromised on the music to help them be more commercial?

some may say so.... my natural tendency is to agree at least with ATYCLB, BUT on further thought i realise that U2 wasn't compromising on that album... they were making the best set of a songs of a particular type of genere - pop/rock.... now i'm not biased to ATYCLB cause i don't really go for it at all... but I will admit that they did create a very good set of solid/complete songs.

Compromised? Not really. Some might argue that any time you start over with an album simply because you don't have that "lead single," you're compromising your art. But as a commercial artist myself, I would say that you have to recognize your position in the business. What you create is entirely yours, but if it's intended to be consumed by the public, they'd better like it if you want to keep working.

I doubt Johnny Cash or Patsy Cline or Frank Sinatra or Elvis or the Beatles ever worried they were selling too many records. In the end, it's all about writing and performing good songs. All the rest is just silliness.

Back
Top Bottom