Biggest Grossing Tours Of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Henry Rollins is wasting his time on this website and calling himself "Moggio". Kinda ruined what was a small community of U2 chart watchers. Go away for a while and come back to find this guy trolling my beloved Interference site.

It's not all bad...the lengths he/she goes to in trying to downplay the world's biggest, and IMO best, live act are pretty funny.

There's no downplaying going on by me, sunshine. The stats, factors and variables I've discussed here can be applied to many other artists, not just U2.

Oh and thanks for the Henry Rollins comparison - I'm a fan of his. THAT made my day. :wave:

...AB from start to finish sounded great yesterday, just like it did in 1991...

It sure is. Too bad they've sucked ass since 2000.

This thread has reached a technical proficiency of 15 Moggios. Well done.

Jesus Christ! This is getting ridiculous. Arguing that U2 needed Muse to fill stadiums in South America or that they needed Interpol to fill Soldier Field is like arguing that the earth was flat. What's next? U2 need Snow Patrol to sell out Estadio Azteca x3 ?!

You're stuck in a moment

There's no downplaying going on by me, sunshine. The stats, factors and variables I've discussed here can be applied to many other artists, not just U2.

Oh and thanks for the Henry Rollins comparison - I'm a fan of his. THAT made my day. :wave:

It sure is. Too bad they've sucked ass since 2000.

OK, you love Henry Rollins so much that being compared to him made your day. Glad to have helped. Sorry, I can't be your sunshine. But all hope is not lost for you...there are many men/women/??? who would love to have you, Moggio. Keep looking if you still haven't found what you're looking for, as you are not a lemon.

If U2 have "sucked ass" for the past 11 years, then why do you spend so much time on a U2 fan website? What motivates you to write up so many posts about how U2 is not the biggest draw worldwide? Who cares, really?

Makes no sense to me, but if trolling this forum is your passion, then you might want to look into some other hobbies. Happy Easter. Enjoy a few lyrics from the band you hate since at least 2000...

The shackles are undone
The bullet's quit the gun
The heat that's in the sun
Will keep us when there's none
The rule has been disproved
The stone it has been moved
The grain is now a groove
All debts are removed

Oh can't you see what Love has done
What it's doing to me

And recently...YouTube - U2 - Zooropa - Full HD (São Paulo - 10/04/2011)

OK, you love Henry Rollins so much that being compared to him made your day. Glad to have helped. Sorry, I can't be your sunshine. But all hope is not lost for you...there are many men/women/??? who would love to have you, Moggio. Keep looking if you still haven't found what you're looking for, as you are not a lemon.

Not to mention that hideous blue font.

Like I said, that's not necessarily true.

Well, why wouldn't that be true, especially in the case of Madonna?

I've already given you the info. Figure it out, genius.

Well, you said an increase of 10% in terms of popularity from late 2008 to early 2011, so that means $5.2 million is added to the $52 million which is $57 million. You then I believe said that 5% needed to be added for inflation which brings that total to $59,800,000 which is still less than what U2 just did. Oh wait, but then we have to subtract from U2's total 10% because Muse opened the shows. So U2 is at $54,000,000 while Madonna is at $59,800,000 in 2011. Is that correct according to your logic?

Two questions though.

1. What would you subtract from Madonna's GROSS due to the impact of not playing South America for 15 years?

2. Since Muse is only a theater act in Chile and Argentina, shouldn't the impact in those markets be less than 10%?

:lol:

You seem to be forgetting that since U2 did not play New Zealand on PopMart, that also boosted U2's draw in Australia. Adelaide wasn't the only factor there...

LOL, so how many U2 Fans living in New Zealand flew to Australia to see POPMART?

FACTS:

THE 360 tour is THE most padded tour in concert history. This is because U2 are:

~ HEAVILY strategically scheduling this tour (A NEW BUSINESS MODEL) in order to help bring the stadiums they're playing to capacity or as close to capacity as possible

I NEVER said strategic scheduling didn't exist before on a SMALLER SCALE. You keep ignoring that.

Another perfect example of how you keep getting caught in your own logic. Forget that I and most of the other posters here and on UKMIX are able to poke holes in your "logic".

You write "HEAVILY strategically scheduling this tour (A NEW BUSINESS MODEL)"

so its a new business model! but wait then you write......

"I NEVER said strategic scheduling didn't exist before on a SMALLER SCALE. You keep ignoring that."

So now there are "scales" of strategic scheduling....LOL

Let me get this straight, the touring industry is was well aware of strategic scheduling on a "small scale" and in-turn what it could do to an artists gross (according to you it boosted U2 360 from your original prediction of $400 million in 100 shows to $660 million in 100 shows) but they never wanted to use it on a large scale because that would bring in too much money and they only decided to use it on a large scale with U2. You have truly out done yourself this time with your "logic". :applaud:

Also, you keep eluding to the fact that I dont address your "rebuttals". The reason is simple in that you don't answer any of the lies that I have exposed but rather you pose different questions with different statements and try to "adjust" what you originally posted(i.e. lie about it).

You still haven't addressed the fact that your "opener" formula is based on Tour Gross*.9=headliner gross and you use that across the board. Not only does NOBODY in the industry acknowledge such a formula but are you telling me that Florence and the Machine bring in the same % of money that DMB or Pearl Jam would bring in? :lol:

The facts that I originally stated about all the records U2 holds for a tour are just that, FACTS. But since even you cant spin facts, you come back with garbage that they are only fact because blah, blah, blah and then you post "Fact: The Rolling Stones are STILL the largest active drawing band on the planet."

That is not a fact but an opinion, which you seem to always confuse the two.

One last thing, whenever me or another poster expose your lies and embarrassing logic, you typically respond with something about how ignorant we are about the touring industry or how we know nothing. Well let me clear the air, I never claimed to be an expert and nothing that I have ever written has stated that I can predict what an artist can gross, nor have most of the other posters, however you claim to know so much be you really don't. All of your initial "predictions" have been blow away and now all you do is make excuses for why you were wrong. I mean, I don't know anything about rocket ships either but I know enough that if rocket ship 1 goes 100 miles and rocket ship 2 goes 5,000 miles....rocket ship 2 went further!

So I just ask that you address one of my questions, since you keep avoiding it. Can you please post the dollar amount that was officially reported/released that each OPENING ACT grossed for each 360 show? We will all be waiting for your reply. :wave:

2. Since Muse is only a theater act in Chile and Argentina, shouldn't the impact in those markets be less than 10%?[/B]

My question is, what is Jay-Z in Australia? As far as I know, he has had 1 album go gold in his career (2009). Is he an arena act or theater act?

Like I've already said, you ask too many questions (which I'm sick too death of). And I've already given you estimations. So, figure it out for yourself, genius...:rolleyes:

Awww, unable to expand upon your claims and theory's? Unable to put any meat on the bones of your claims and logic? I find that hard to believe from a person who is so insistent that they are correct and has formula's for proving everything with regards to concert demand.

Perhaps your resistence to answering this question is because you clearly understand that you are wrong here?

Tell you what, I'll strategically schedule a Bigger Bang Europe for the Stones using U2's 360 schedule. I'll give gross and attendance for each market visited following the U2 360 model

Here is the FIRST LEG scheduled like the first leg of U2 360, but with the Stones doing it in the summer of 2006:

ROLLING STONES "Strategically Scheduled" A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 1ST LEG

Barcelona GROSS: $15,420,000 ATTENDANCE: 128,500
Milan GROSS: $6,724,783 ATTENDANCE: 83,471
Paris GROSS: $8,830,795 ATTENDANCE: 90,057
Nice GROSS: $6,230,795 ATTENDANCE: 74,178
Berlin GROSS: $6,872,182 ATTENDANCE: 72,285
Amsterdam GROSS: $8,459,711 ATTENDANCE: 77,297
Dublin GROSS: $8,056,927 ATTENDANCE: 68,647
Gothenburg GROSS: $15,425,238 ATTENDANCE: 112,762
Gelsenkirchen GROSS: $7,031,025 ATTENDANCE: 64,938
Chorzow GROSS: $8,400,000 ATTENDANCE: 70,000
Zagreb GROSS: $12,700,784 ATTENDANCE: 124,102
London GROSS: $13,526,368 ATTENDANCE: 100,540
Glasgow GROSS: $4,022,000 ATTENDANCE: 31,495
Sheffield GROSS: $4,596,417 ATTENDANCE: 34,034
Cardiff GROSS: $5,534,100 ATTENDANCE: 48,988

TOTAL GROSS: $131,831,125
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,181,294

Actually, I think I may have been a little to generous with the Stones here, especially in Sweden and Croatia. Oh well, will just continue with the same formula for the 2nd leg and see what we get.

I'll do the 2nd leg later.

I don't get your estimation for Nice. In fact, they grossed $3,356,525 and sold 46,882 tickets in Nice with NO show in Barcelona, one show in Paris and one show in Milan. How would they have been able to draw even more ($6,230,795 // 74,178) with shows in Paris, Milan AND Barcelona?

Also Paris and Amsterdam. Why would they have grossed more in these cities with the 360° tour schedule? Both schedules were quite the same here. No shows in Belgium. One show in Cologne vs. one show in Gelsenkirchen (which is even closer to Amsterdam).

I don't get your estimation for Nice. In fact, they grossed $3,356,525 and sold 46,882 tickets in Nice with NO show in Barcelona, one show in Paris and one show in Milan. How would they have been able to draw even more ($6,230,795 // 74,178) with shows in Paris, Milan AND Barcelona?

Also Paris and Amsterdam. Why would they have grossed more in these cities with the 360° tour schedule? Both schedules were quite the same here. No shows in Belgium. One show in Cologne vs. one show in Gelsenkirchen (which is even closer to Amsterdam).

These are good points.

1. I have Nice increasing from the fact that there is no show in Switzerland. But I forgot about the fact that Barcelona is added and that may impact Nice so perhaps it should be a little lower.

2. Amsterdam generally benefits from there being no shows in Horsens Denmark and Hannover Germany. Perhaps more should have been added to Cologne and Berlin, and less added to Amsterdam. Paris benefits from the fact that there is no show in Switzerland.

Again, I admit that I may be overstating the impact of the schedule.

ROLLING STONES "Strategically Scheduled" A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 2ND LEG

Turin GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Frankfurt GROSS: $6,633,462 ATTENDANCE: 50,399
Hannover GROSS: $5,639,468 ATTENDANCE: 54,265
Horsens GROSS: $12,122,575 ATTENDANCE: 105,170
Helsinki GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Moscow GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Vienna GROSS: $5,732,158 ATTENDANCE: 58,998
Athens GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Istanbul GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Zurich GROSS: $9,975,799 ATTENDANCE: 83,188
Munich GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Paris GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Brussels GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
San Sebastian GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Seville GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Coimbra GROSS: $5,384,200 ATTENDANCE: 65,854
Rome GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775

TOTAL GROSS: 110,148,995
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,031,399

Combined totals for the two legs strategically scheduled like U2 360 for the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang:

TOTAL GROSS: 241,980,120
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 2,212,693

For comparison, here are U2's 360 stats and the REAL Stones A Bigger Bang Europe stats not scheduled like 360.

U2 360 TOTAL GROSS AND ATTENDANCE EUROPE:
GROSS: $319,846,811
ATTENDANCE: 3,072,006

THE ROLLING STONES BIGGER BANG TOTAL GROSS AND ATTENDANCE EUROPE:
GROSS: $216,094,492
ATTENDANCE: 1,983,994

So yes, Moggio is correct that the Stones could have improved their results if they had scheduled their Euro tour like U2, but not nearly by the amount which he claims. MOGGIO claims over $300 million, but the results show only a $25 million improvement in overall gross.

So the bottom line, despite the small improvement does not change. U2 RULES over the Stones when it comes to Europe!:wink:

MOGGIO used to go by the user name NoControl.

Check out this amazing claim from 2005 by NoControl aka MOGGIO:

The Eagles are also a larger concert draw than U2 all over the world, apart from a few markets in North America and all of Europe.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/u2-vrs-eagles-tour-122407-2.html#post2292961

To Moggio's credit, I don't think he has claimed that since then, but still, its rather unusual.

Here is another Whopper from September 2004, MOGGIO/NoControl's first post ever in the forum, about 6 months before the start of the Vertigo Tour:

I don't see how U2 are going to fill a 75,000 seat stadium (55-60,000 end stage capacity) in Berlin, when they only filled half of it on the Zooropa leg of the Zoo TV tour in 1993, which was their highest ever attended tour.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/another-rumor-for-the-stadium-tour-96818.html#post1730409

Since 1990 here are the comparisons between U2 and The Rolling Stones as fas as touring goes...(close estimates) if I'm way off someone let me know! these figures are from the list of highest grossing concert tours on wiki.

Assuming the 360 tour ends with a $700 million gross and 7 million tickets sold. so U2's figure could be a little higher.

U2 -23 million tickets sold
Gross-$1.56 billion
Shows-603

The Rolling Stones -20 million tickets sold
Gross-$1.51 billion
Shows-526

Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels - 6.2 million
Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge - 6.55 million
Rolling Stones - Bridges To Babylon/No Security - 5.65 million
Rolling Stones - Licks Tour - 3.5 million
Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang Tour - 4.68 million

TOTAL: 26.58 million

U2 - Joshua Tree/Love Town - 4.2 million
U2 - ZOO TV - 5.4 million
U2 - POPMART - 3.9 million
U2 - Elevation - 2.2 million
U2 - Vertigo - 4.62 million
U2 - 360 - 7.1 million

TOTAL: 27.42 million

If we go back to 1980, both bands are at about the 30 million mark in attendance.

Jesus Christ! This is getting ridiculous. Arguing that U2 needed Muse to fill stadiums in South America or that they needed Interpol to fill Soldier Field is like arguing that the earth was flat. What's next? U2 need Snow Patrol to sell out Estadio Azteca x3 ?!

More ignorance from a member of the U2 brigade.

If U2 have "sucked ass" for the past 11 years, then why do you spend so much time on a U2 fan website? What motivates you to write up so many posts about how U2 is not the biggest draw worldwide? Who cares, really?

I don't spend that much time here. And all I'm doing is providing truth, objectivity and realism. These are things that many of you can't seem to grasp because of your blind devotion to a once great band...

Well, why wouldn't that be true, especially in the case of Madonna?

Maybe because there's nothing to compare her draw to since she hasn't toured there before? Duh!

Well, you said an increase of 10% in terms of popularity from late 2008 to early 2011, so that means $5.2 million is added to the $52 million which is $57 million. You then I believe said that 5% needed to be added for inflation which brings that total to $59,800,000 which is still less than what U2 just did. Oh wait, but then we have to subtract from U2's total 10% because Muse opened the shows. So U2 is at $54,000,000 while Madonna is at $59,800,000 in 2011. Is that correct according to your logic?

That's about right. Though, I would say Muse's draw in these regions is currently lower than 10% of the overall gross from these shows. And it's not "my" logic. It's just logic.

Two questions though.

1. What would you subtract from Madonna's GROSS due to the impact of not playing South America for 15 years?

2. Since Muse is only a theater act in Chile and Argentina, shouldn't the impact in those markets be less than 10%?

1. NOTHING. Because there's not necessarily an impact that her draw is boosted because of not ever playing there before, FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME.

2. Muse are not a theatre act in Chile and Argentina anymore. Currently, they're an ARENA draw.
:rolleyes:

Another perfect example of how you keep getting caught in your own logic. Forget that I and most of the other posters here and on UKMIX are able to poke holes in your "logic".

You write "HEAVILY strategically scheduling this tour (A NEW BUSINESS MODEL)"

so its a new business model! but wait then you write......

"I NEVER said strategic scheduling didn't exist before on a SMALLER SCALE. You keep ignoring that."

So now there are "scales" of strategic scheduling....LOL

Let me get this straight, the touring industry is was well aware of strategic scheduling on a "small scale" and in-turn what it could do to an artists gross (according to you it boosted U2 360 from your original prediction of $400 million in 100 shows to $660 million in 100 shows) but they never wanted to use it on a large scale because that would bring in too much money and they only decided to use it on a large scale with U2. You have truly out done yourself this time with your "logic". :applaud:

Also, you keep eluding to the fact that I dont address your "rebuttals". The reason is simple in that you don't answer any of the lies that I have exposed but rather you pose different questions with different statements and try to "adjust" what you originally posted(i.e. lie about it).

You still haven't addressed the fact that your "opener" formula is based on Tour Gross*.9=headliner gross and you use that across the board. Not only does NOBODY in the industry acknowledge such a formula but are you telling me that Florence and the Machine bring in the same % of money that DMB or Pearl Jam would bring in? :lol:

The facts that I originally stated about all the records U2 holds for a tour are just that, FACTS. But since even you cant spin facts, you come back with garbage that they are only fact because blah, blah, blah and then you post "Fact: The Rolling Stones are STILL the largest active drawing band on the planet."

That is not a fact but an opinion, which you seem to always confuse the two.

One last thing, whenever me or another poster expose your lies and embarrassing logic, you typically respond with something about how ignorant we are about the touring industry or how we know nothing. Well let me clear the air, I never claimed to be an expert and nothing that I have ever written has stated that I can predict what an artist can gross, nor have most of the other posters, however you claim to know so much be you really don't. All of your initial "predictions" have been blow away and now all you do is make excuses for why you were wrong. I mean, I don't know anything about rocket ships either but I know enough that if rocket ship 1 goes 100 miles and rocket ship 2 goes 5,000 miles....rocket ship 2 went further!

So I just ask that you address one of my questions, since you keep avoiding it. Can you please post the dollar amount that was officially reported/released that each OPENING ACT grossed for each 360 show? We will all be waiting for your reply. :wave:

1. I NEVER said there weren't smaller scales of strategic scheduling, genius. :rolleyes:

2. The concert business has NEVER seen a tour HEAVILY strategically scheduled like the 360 tour. You can make all the excuses in the world to try and show the hows and whys this type of scheduling hasn't been done before but the fact is, IT HASN'T. But by all means, if you can show me a world tour schedule before 2009 where virtually ALL markets played are HEAVILY strategically scheduled, THEN DO SO.
:applaud:

3. I've given perfectly truthful and logical responses to your garbage above, pages ago. Yet you CONTINUE to ignore those responses and CONTINUE to post the same BS above. Why is that? :lol:

4. I NEVER said that ALL artists are separately bringing in 10% of the gross from the 360 tour (some more than that, some less than that). I meant COLLECTIVELY since it's beyond obvious that each artist is a different draw. :rolleyes:

5. It IS a FACT that The Rolling Stones are still the largest drawing active band in the world, for reasons explicitly discussed in this very thread. But I don't expect someone like yourself to understand that, for more than obvious reasons as well. :lol:

6. Almost ALL of my predictions have been dead on or close to, considering the current conditions. But of course, you're not knowledgeable in this area, yet you still think you can throw your weight around for some reason?
:lol:

7. If you've been paying attention, everyone here should know by now, that U2's openers have significantly contributed to the overall gross of the 360 tour. And COLLECTIVELY, that figure is about 10%. :rolleyes:

Your ignorance is astronomical.

Awww, unable to expand upon your claims and theory's? Unable to put any meat on the bones of your claims and logic? I find that hard to believe from a person who is so insistent that they are correct and has formula's for proving everything with regards to concert demand.

Perhaps your resistence to answering this question is because you clearly understand that you are wrong here?

Tell you what, I'll strategically schedule a Bigger Bang Europe for the Stones using U2's 360 schedule. I'll give gross and attendance for each market visited following the U2 360 model

Here is the FIRST LEG scheduled like the first leg of U2 360, but with the Stones doing it in the summer of 2006:

ROLLING STONES "Strategically Scheduled" A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 1ST LEG

Barcelona GROSS: $15,420,000 ATTENDANCE: 128,500
Milan GROSS: $6,724,783 ATTENDANCE: 83,471
Paris GROSS: $8,830,795 ATTENDANCE: 90,057
Nice GROSS: $6,230,795 ATTENDANCE: 74,178
Berlin GROSS: $6,872,182 ATTENDANCE: 72,285
Amsterdam GROSS: $8,459,711 ATTENDANCE: 77,297
Dublin GROSS: $8,056,927 ATTENDANCE: 68,647
Gothenburg GROSS: $15,425,238 ATTENDANCE: 112,762
Gelsenkirchen GROSS: $7,031,025 ATTENDANCE: 64,938
Chorzow GROSS: $8,400,000 ATTENDANCE: 70,000
Zagreb GROSS: $12,700,784 ATTENDANCE: 124,102
London GROSS: $13,526,368 ATTENDANCE: 100,540
Glasgow GROSS: $4,022,000 ATTENDANCE: 31,495
Sheffield GROSS: $4,596,417 ATTENDANCE: 34,034
Cardiff GROSS: $5,534,100 ATTENDANCE: 48,988

TOTAL GROSS: $131,831,125
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,181,294

Actually, I think I may have been a little to generous with the Stones here, especially in Sweden and Croatia. Oh well, will just continue with the same formula for the 2nd leg and see what we get.

ROLLING STONES "Strategically Scheduled" A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 2ND LEG

Turin GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Frankfurt GROSS: $6,633,462 ATTENDANCE: 50,399
Hannover GROSS: $5,639,468 ATTENDANCE: 54,265
Horsens GROSS: $12,122,575 ATTENDANCE: 105,170
Helsinki GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Moscow GROSS: $5,878,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Vienna GROSS: $5,732,158 ATTENDANCE: 58,998
Athens GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Istanbul GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Zurich GROSS: $9,975,799 ATTENDANCE: 83,188
Munich GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Paris GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Brussels GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
San Sebastian GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Seville GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775
Coimbra GROSS: $5,384,200 ATTENDANCE: 65,854
Rome GROSS: $5,873,303 ATTENDANCE: 55,775

TOTAL GROSS: 110,148,995
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,031,399

Combined totals for the two legs strategically scheduled like U2 360 for the Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang:

TOTAL GROSS: 241,980,120
TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 2,212,693

For comparison, here are U2's 360 stats and the REAL Stones A Bigger Bang Europe stats not scheduled like 360.

U2 360 TOTAL GROSS AND ATTENDANCE EUROPE:
GROSS: $319,846,811
ATTENDANCE: 3,072,006

THE ROLLING STONES BIGGER BANG TOTAL GROSS AND ATTENDANCE EUROPE:
GROSS: $216,094,492
ATTENDANCE: 1,983,994

So yes, Moggio is correct that the Stones could have improved their results if they had scheduled their Euro tour like U2, but not nearly by the amount which he claims. MOGGIO claims over $300 million, but the results show only a $25 million improvement in overall gross.

So the bottom line, despite the small improvement does not change. U2 RULES over the Stones when it comes to Europe!:wink:

It's not that I'm unable to. It's just I know you're going to lie, spin and manipulate WHATEVER stats I throw at you. And you've done so for SIX YEARS. So without surprise and once again, you've low-balled your estimations regarding other artists, and especially in this case, The Stones.

MOGGIO used to go by the user name NoControl.

Check out this amazing claim from 2005 by NoControl aka MOGGIO:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/u2-vrs-eagles-tour-122407-2.html#post2292961

To Moggio's credit, I don't think he has claimed that since then, but still, its rather unusual.

Here is another Whopper from September 2004, MOGGIO/NoControl's first post ever in the forum, about 6 months before the start of the Vertigo Tour:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f280/another-rumor-for-the-stadium-tour-96818.html#post1730409

Click on the link below and you can see MOGGIO/NoControl's first ever prediction at interference from September 2004 about the upcoming Vertigo Tour 2005-2006. He predicted a total global attendance of 3.2 million.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...2006-predicted-markets-96948.html#post1730495

More pre-strategically scheduled tour comparisons from Maoil!

Bravo!
:applaud:

1. At that point in time, The Eagles WERE a larger draw than U2 worldwide.

2. Look at how low U2's average price was for their Berlin Olympic Stadium show on the Vertigo tour. No wonder why they sold about 70,000 tickets.

3. My prediction for what became the Vertigo tour wasn't that far off, considering it included an average price of $100, 3.2 million in attendance from 105 shows and a total gross of $320 million. In fact, if you apply my nightly average attendance/gross from the 105 shows to Vertigo's 131 shows, 4.6 million in attendance and overall gross of $389 million, it would have been about 4 million in attendance and an overall gross of about $400 million. Also, if the Vertigo tour's average price was $100 and not just slightly over $84, the attendance would've been nearly 4 million.

I don't spend that much time here. And all I'm doing is providing truth, objectivity and realism. These are things that many of you can't seem to grasp because of your blind devotion to a once great band...

Your opinion is not fact. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom