And Pollstar's new champ is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Paul McCartney. This guy's able to sell out two HP Pavillion dates in San Jose even faster than U2, supposedly........I think U2's rank might've also been hurt by the Oakland dates, which weren't on Ticketmaster, so they were relatively unknown........in fact, tickets are STILL available for those shows on www.tickets.com .........I know I got my ticket to the second night about a month after the onsale......

1 Paul McCartney 1.000
2 U2 .690
3 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers .351
4 Coldplay .338
5 Green Day .285
6 Velvet Revolver .282
7 John Mellencamp / John Fogerty .278
8 Bob Dylan .277
9 Bruce Springsteen .272
10 "Big Summer Classic" .265

Last edited:
Hes also got slightly more money then U2 I saw on TV the other day that U2s net worth is about 1 billion dollars and Paul McCartneys is worth 1.3 billion by himself....pretty good.

He's charging double what U2 is, btw.......that helps his rating a great deal........best seats at his shows are $250....and the worst are $80.....

BigMacPhisto said:
He's charging double what U2 is, btw.......that helps his rating a great deal........best seats at his shows are $250....and the worst are $80.....

Actually he has tickets as low as 50 dollars at most of these shows. We'll see how he does with his GROSS figures. His second show in Detroit is not soldout yet, just like it took U2 second show in Detroit a little while to sellout. So far Paul has a smaller number of shows to play which helps out with ticket sales in some markets and also may allow for a higher price to be charged as well.

Pollstar usually does its rankings based on the number hits/searches each artist gets on the site. So far this year, no one has sold as many tickets as U2, or GROSSED as much as U2. The entire tour is soldout except for 3 shows in the USA with of GROSS of nearly $300 million.

STING2 said:
Pollstar usually does its rankings based on the number hits/searches each artist gets on the site. So far this year, no one has sold as many tickets as U2, or GROSSED as much as U2. The entire tour is soldout except for 3 shows in the USA with of GROSS of nearly $300 million.

Wow!! That's worldwide gross, right (not just USA)?

That must be right up there in the top 3 tours of all time. Incredible!! :rockon:

Last edited:
Yes, Vertigo Tour total GROSS will be 300 million dollars. USA/Canada number will be 130/135 million aprox and 165-170 in Europe.

Vox

edge3 said:

Wow!! That's worldwide gross, right (not just USA)?

That must be right up there in the top 3 tours of all time. Incredible!! :rockon:

Indeed it is, and the tour will continue into 2006 with shows in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and perhaps other places which will add even more to the GROSS figure.

BigMacPhisto said:

But this isn't even close to the Stones. Yes, the Stones have 3 types of tickets that are VERY similar in price to U2's (the $50, $100 and $160 tickets). However, the inexpensive tickets for the Stones puts a person behind a pole at Fenway park! I'm not kidding - it says "obstructed view". So I'd pay $100 to see a pole?

If one wants to be on the floor, it's $435 plus $100 to join the fan club! U2's fan club rate is $40 - and only $20 if one was a Propaganda member.

Just think, to be close to the Stones, one has to pay $1000 for two legit tickets! In contrast, one could have paid only $120 for U2 (not including any TM charts - which would raise the amounts for both the Stones and U2). Up close to U2 is about 1/10 that of the Stones!

So while I too wish U2 tickets were cheaper, when I see prices like these, it makes me wonder.

Back
Top Bottom