We're FOOTBALL crazy, We're FOOTBALL Mad, the FOOTBALL's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cobble, it was Japan, not China.

Bloody England, the one team I didn't want to have a piece of piss group, and they've got it. U S A, U S A, U S A.

We've got a tough one, but we can get through, gonna be an exciting group.

I feel for South Africa. Seeded, yet got a hell of a group with France, Mexico and Uruguay. Sucks for them, and you'd expect that they'll be the first host nation to not progress beyond the group stage.

Also, North Korea, drawn against Portugal :)drool:), Brazil and Cote d'Ivoire. Good luck to them...

Cameroon, Japan, Netherlands, Denmark :drool:

Argentina, Nigeria, Greece, South Korea :drool:

Fired up big time! 6 months to go

Argentina, Nigeria, Greece, South Korea :drool:

do-not-want.jpg

Carlos Quiroz's face was a picture when he saw portugal had been drawn against brazil and ivory coast :lol:

can't wait to see him and his one man team get schooled by those two.

A and B : 2 groups of mediocrity

Cakewalks for England, Spain, Holland, Italy

A possibility of Dunga's boring negative un-samba-like brand of football not making it through - Here's hoping

US out in the second round, and if everyone plays to their potential this ought to go to Spain

believe me... Spain wil NOT have a cakewalk... wait for that last match against us, that's the match for the 1st place

all the following from our daily paper today. good read.

ENGLAND has been sensationally backed with Sports Alive to win its first soccer World Cup since 1966, firming from $9 into $6.25 since last week's favourable group draw.
Sports Alive's Gerard Daffy said he was delighted to see the money come for the English.
"There is nothing sweeter for the bookmakers than when the English think they can win something, especially soccer, as they never do," he said.
"They get excited and bet accordingly and always end up leaving money in the bag."

:lol::lol:

Grantley Bernard's Top 10 Players of the Decade
1. Zinedine Zidane
2. Thierry Henry
3. Ruud van Nistelrooy
4. Saumel Eto'o
5. Ronaldinho
6. Ronaldo
7. Luis Figo
8. Kaka
9. Andriy Shevchenko
10. Lionel Messi

and his Team of the Decade
Keeper
Gianluigi Buffon
Defenders
Lilian Thuram, Fabo Cannavaro, Carles Puyol
Holding Midfielder
Patrick Vieira
Midfielders
Kaka, Zidane, Figo
Attacking Midfielder
Ronaldinho
Strikers
Henry, van Nistelrooy
Subs
Iker Casillas, John Terry, Cafu, Eto'o, Messi, Ronaldo

can't believe there was no room for Peter Crouch!

Grantley Bernard's Top 10 Players of the Decade
1. Zinedine Zidane
2. Thierry Henry
3. Ruud van Nistelrooy
4. Saumel Eto'o
5. Ronaldinho
6. Ronaldo
7. Luis Figo
8. Kaka
9. Andriy Shevchenko
10. Lionel Messi

love how he made no room for even one defensive player. lol.

i'm still buzzing after todays result :hyper:

haven't beaten man united for 14 years and finally that came to an end tonight :D

the last time villa beat manchester united in the league princess diana was still alive and u2 hadn't even started work on Pop :doh:

40389_news.jpg

:up:

Wolves what a let down
10 changes v United
they gave up before kick off

Eng have an easy group
Could be Eng v Aus in 2nd round if Aus make it past Serbia

yeah i've got arshavin in my team. i don't know whether to take him out or not cos he's going to be playing as a striker now for a while so i assume he'll be scoring goals again soon. he'd bloody better do anyway.

what's your team line up out of interest?

yeah i've got arshavin in my team. i don't know whether to take him out or not cos he's going to be playing as a striker now for a while so i assume he'll be scoring goals again soon. he'd bloody better do anyway.

what's your team line up out of interest?

I'm really stumped on what to do for next week. Everything is waiting on Fab coming back, which I reckon isn't until the Everton match. I'm probably going to get Tevez in for Drogba like everyone else is doing. Make him Captain too if I don't end up getting Fab back. Here's my squad for this GW -

Sorenson (Hart)

A Cole, Shawcross, Traore, Dunne (Johnson R)

Huddlestone, Arshavin, Milner, Diaby (Reid)

Drogba, Rooney (Bent)

LEEDS beat MAN U in the FA Cup 1-0 at Old Trafford
Awesome!

Here is my Metro Fantasy team which i havent changed for ages. Too much effort to keep up with it

Cech
Vermealen Terry Johnson
Fabregas Lampard Arshavin Elliot (of Burnley) Bowyer (scum)
Rooney Zamora (had Van Persie until he was injured)

my team is at the moment (i change one player most weeks) -

---------------------Cech-----------------------

-------Hughes------Dunne-------Ivanovic---------

Arshavin-------Gerrard-------Milner-----------Reid

-------Defoe--------Tevez--------Crouch----------

Top of my league :D

yeah loving it that man united got knocked out haha. was hoping the same would happen to arsenal but they appear to have turned it round against west ham :angry:

Sorry about late replying. I was so gutted from an absolute crap scoring week. Your team looks good but now with all these cancelled matches I don't know. As for this GW...Hughes, Cech, Ivan, Gerrard, Defoe, Crouch, Reid(injured) are not playing. I've decided to take a double 4 pt hit so I can take advantage as best as possible and it sorts out the next GW.

So far postponed matches are - Hull v Chelsea, Burnley v Stoke, Fulham v Pompey, Sunderland v Bolton, Liverpool v Spurs. This combined with Man Utd having a double gameweek next week and then no fixture the one after that along with Stoke, Man City, Hull, has made my brain mushy.

Here's what I'm fielding this weekend, mostly without choice, barring no other postponements. I lose 8 pts but I'm bringing in to Man Utd starters for their double next week.

Hart

Cole>Evra - Traore - Dunne - R Johnson

Arshavin - Reid>Valencia - Milner - Diaby

Drogba>Tevez(C) - Rooney

I can't believe they held it there. Togo's decided to stay in the tournament now. I respect their bravery to carry on after being machine gunned and having the assistant coach killed and some squad mates shot. I'd be on the first plane home asap.

Back
Top Bottom