Tiger Woods injured in car crash - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
But, more often than not, the act of cheating is the symptom of the problem and not the problem itself.
I think this sentence sums up nicely exactly what you were trying to say.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #227
45:33

Local Time: 01:53 PM
so now there's a fifth bird.

this is getting fucking ridiculous. anything for two seconds of fame and money

Old 12-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
See, this is the part that I have trouble with, as you mentioned in your reply to me. By virtue of having a uterus, does that mean that women owe it to other women not to have sex with a man who's taken? Is there some kind of social contract that women must be ever so careful about the feelings of other women, or they're betraying a sense of sisterhood? Does this hold true for men having sex with the wives of other men, that they're betraying all of mankind? Do they feel a similar obligation to other men? Myself, I've heard it framed that way for women, but I really can't ever recall hearing it framed similarly for men, and that's what's unfair and sexist about thinking this way.
I totally agree with you and I absolutely think this is rooted in sexism.

The onus us always on married people NOT to go outside of their marriage. If they do and their marriage subsequently fails, they are the homewreckers. Not the people they slept with; you cannot wreck a home that you were not part of, that you had no responsibility to. It doesn't make you a person of good moral standing, but at the same time you made no promise to anyone.

If there is some underlying sisterhood agreement not to sleep with taken men, well I am not aware of it. I think most women would see married men as out of bounds. I think most women would also view the partners of their close girlfriends, as well as the ex-partners of their girlfriends to be a no-go. But I just don't know that a woman who meets an attractive man first considers her duty to the sisterhood, much like I very much doubt that when a man meets a woman that he is attracted to he first gives consideration to the brotherhood. That's just kind of...naive if you ask me.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I understand, and I agree completely, that's the most common scenario.

Do you also agree though that there is a smaller subset of individuals, both male and female, although I'd argue male is more common, who are getting their needs met at home, but still engage in the thrill-seeking aspects of cheating? Powerful, successful, type-A personalities?
Absolutely. It should be noted, I'm not defending Tiger in any way shape or form. I simply won't speculate about the inner workings of his marriage.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The onus us always on married people NOT to go outside of their marriage. If they do and their marriage subsequently fails, they are the homewreckers. Not the people they slept with; you cannot wreck a home that you were not part of, that you had no responsibility to. It doesn't make you a person of good moral standing, but at the same time you made no promise to anyone.
I disagree. I think both parties are at fault. I think we all agree that the married person is clearly at fault, but a person who cheats with a married person is also bears responsibility. I don't think a non-married man or woman owes anything to their brother or sisterhood, but they owe something to society in general. They have choices as well and they're choosing their own desires over the spouse and children of this other person. That's pretty low.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #232
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I very much doubt that when a man meets a woman that he is attracted to he first gives consideration to the brotherhood.
Well consider having met one who thinks like this now. When I was single, I did not sleep with married women, period. And still wouldn't. It's one of the first questions asked, and rightly so especially if the person is wearing a ring! I do think I have a responsibility it's called the golden rule. Maybe I should have stated that for the record. There is absolutely nothing sexist about me stating this position in the context of Tiger's situation with these women because I hold myself and other men to the same standard. Yes, these women should have thought twice about how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and flatly rejected his advances (assuming they didn't advance themselves) on the basis that he was a married man.

(VP - hopefully that answers the questions you posed about the other way around ie men sleeping with married women, I didn't mean to skip your post just not alot of time to address it so above sums up how I feel about it, it does work both ways in my mind)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 PM
god, even i knew about not chasing a married woman.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Quote:
A sixth bedmate surfaced last night - Cori Rist , who reportedly romped with Woods in a church parking lot and in his Florida mansion while his then-pregnant wife was away from home.

Rist and Woods allegedly met at the Manhattan club Butter last year and have been hooking up ever since.

"One thing led to another, and pretty soon Tiger was flying her to hook up with him on tour," the source said.

"Tiger would typically get a large suite at a hotel. Someone would book Cori an adjacent room, so she wouldn't be seen coming into his room," the source added.

Read more: Cori Rist, Jamie Jungers and Mindy Lawson make it six alleged Tiger Woods mistresses

Woods sounds like a boring guy.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #235
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:53 PM
'Narcissist' Tiger Toys With Oprah | Tiger Woods | Oprah Winfrey | Elin Nordegren
Old 12-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #236
45:33

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
god, even i knew about not chasing a married woman.
just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score

there's three rules of cheating.
it's not cheating if you're not the one who's cheating
it's not cheating if her name has two adjacent vowels
and it's not cheating if you're from a different area code.

i read a letter to the editor. one bloke said "Tiger with four different women at once! what a legend!"
Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #237
Blue Crack Supplier

Supposedly the list is up to SEVEN now, and the latest is an adult film actress?

Ouch.

As someone on a website commented, five more and we have a 2010 calendar.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #238
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Supposedly the list is up to SEVEN now, and the latest is an adult film actress?

Ouch.

As someone on a website commented, five more and we have a 2010 calendar.
Yup, that Rachel person definitely lured him with her feminine wiles. Poor Tiger didn't stand a chance against that harlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Well consider having met one who thinks like this now. When I was single, I did not sleep with married women, period. And still wouldn't. It's one of the first questions asked, and rightly so especially if the person is wearing a ring! I do think I have a responsibility it's called the golden rule. Maybe I should have stated that for the record. There is absolutely nothing sexist about me stating this position in the context of Tiger's situation with these women because I hold myself and other men to the same standard. Yes, these women should have thought twice about how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and flatly rejected his advances (assuming they didn't advance themselves) on the basis that he was a married man.

(VP - hopefully that answers the questions you posed about the other way around ie men sleeping with married women, I didn't mean to skip your post just not alot of time to address it so above sums up how I feel about it, it does work both ways in my mind)

Quote:
I disagree. I think both parties are at fault. I think we all agree that the married person is clearly at fault, but a person who cheats with a married person is also bears responsibility. I don't think a non-married man or woman owes anything to their brother or sisterhood, but they owe something to society in general. They have choices as well and they're choosing their own desires over the spouse and children of this other person. That's pretty low.
I suppose that this, and Gabe's reply above, brings it to a point where it becomes a matter of opinion, and while I do understand someone viewing the matter in this way, I can't say that I necessarily agree fully. The third party in an affair could be a scummy person of low morals, or, as in the example Dalton posted last night, they could be a perfectly decent person who has their own complex reasons for doing what they did. So, while I do get the reasoning, I think it's an admirable but overly idealistic view of the way things are.

Eta - Also wanted to mention that I agree with Dalton's statement that alluded to no one knowing the state of the Woods' marriage. All of what we're saying here is idle speculation, which sort of led to a larger discussion of the issue, one that I think was worthy.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #239
Blue Crack Distributor

Way to keep it in your pants, Tiger.

This is the only Tiger Woods joke I've seen that made me laugh:

Quote:
Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I am losing count. I read somewhere this morning that his mistress count is now up to 10!