The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far fight of the night is the real o c, based on the fans standing ovation

Cowboy shows how to do it, don't rush, jump in and get spent

Fact: any articles with GSP quotes in them, I read those quotes in a French Canadian accent in my head.

While drinking NOS Energy.

no, it makes me go to the dark place. and dinosaurs.

btw this new fight pass set up may actually be worse than the old app. Given how amatuer the old one was (especially the godawful search function), I didn't know that was possible. The search function looks like it may not suck as bad at least.

Last edited:
I liked the old one. Knew my way around it. This one, not so good. Hoping it gets better as I use it more. No complaints with the old one.

Last edited:
ok,

I like it better, I just opened it and put Ronda in the search,
it immediately brought up four categories,

fights and extras (40)
fighters
collections (1)
features & shows (63)

when you click on fights, it list the most recent first
much better organized than old app, looking forward to learning how to use it

tried 'lesnar' all his stuff is there, too..
I use the old app to watch all his fights, because I was not watching when they happened, not much there at all

All of Lesnar's fights were there, you just had to work to find them. It's just that the sort by relevancy was a joke. Having only more recently become a huge Demian Maia fan, I missed some of those early fights when he was submitting team quest guys like it was going out of style (I'd seen the Chael one). Type in Demian Maia vs Nate Quarry, you get 6 Demian Maia vs other guy fights, 4 Nate Quarry vs other guy fights, and a bunch of fights that also just happened to be on that card, and finally the entire main card itself video. So you try Nate Quarry vs Demian Maia in that order, and it gives you 5 of each guys other fights again that the first search didnt give you, plus every fight this Jennifer Maia has had in Invicta. I forget, I think I had to just search Nate Quarry by himself to eventually find it. I get that this is an obscure as fuck example, I think it was a prelim fight back on like ufc 94 or thereabouts, which is eons ago in terms of this sport. But that's not how a search function is supposed to work at all.

If it's improved off that, I'll learn to get used to it's unnecessarily busy, YouTube-like appearance.

There are several extremely famous Fedor fights on Pride missing for some reason. I don't like that.

This story about Ryan Jimmo getting killed sounds fucked up. 2016 not content to just take out musicians.

yeah i listened to it this morning while i was sitting on my lazy ass playing video games. 75% of it was on how we're not allowed to call people faggots/think caitlyn jenner is weird, and what the meaning of "cuckolding" is. it was nice to not have to listen to rogan spend an hour trying to convince schilling to try that ketogenic fad thing he's been on about for the past few months (i mean there was a little bit of his patented bro science in there in the giant onnit ad toward the end), but i never thought i'd miss bigfoot as much as i have lately. they spent what, maybe 20 minutes talking about fighting?

Last edited:
And one watched TUF this season? Should I try to catch up the next few days, or is it not worth it?

i have no idea, i haven't watched any of it. i was told that there were some decent fights, but that's all i know.

And one watched TUF this season? Should I try to catch up the next few days, or is it not worth it?
It was pretty good
Joanna's stock went down. Not as bad as when Ronda self destructed.

I really don't like Jon Jones. I want to, but nah.
Jones, WTF
200 now has a freak show main event, Jones is out for a bad test, and Lesnar is juiced to the gills, now and always has been.

And why the fuck isn't Tate - Nunez, 5 round Championship fight the main event? You know Ronda - Correa would have been main event.
Who cares who wins Hunt- Lesnar fight, neither is a champ contender.

Don't trust this Jones thing at all, he was demanding big John McCarthy not be the ref in his fight, so now he can't fight,

And why the fuck isn't Tate - Nunez, 5 round Championship fight the main event? You know Ronda - Correa would have been main event.
Who cares who wins Hunt- Lesnar fight, neither is a champ contender.

Same reason McGregor Diaz was the main for 196.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom