The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first half of that game was tedious. The second half was thrilling. Loved that ending. Watched the second half with a mate who loathes Lindsey Thomas and he was absolutely roaring with laughter in that final minute when Thomas missed two chances to win the game.

And you've got to wonder how mentally fragile North must be now. This keeps on happening. Today not only did they blow one substantial lead, but then scrambled back to lead by more than a goal, and blew it again. They can't win when it matters and they know it.

Dogs spent about ten minutes playing like a premiership team and that was enough. Won't be when they encounter Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond, GWS, etc.

It feels like such a throwback to 2013. Except this time North are into their rebuilding phase.

Tremendously brilliant win by the Dockers today, though.

Fuck the Dees.

Have to give kudos to Ross Lyon for reinvigorating his team - at least for the short term.

Why do I watch football. Bombers in for the predictable pasting.

We've been utterly horrendous in this third quarter.

If we had been accurate there might've been a faint whiff of a contest. But nah, you're fine. And geez the things Eddie Betts can do, it's not fair. I hate watching us lose so badly but I can't help enjoying Betts's skills.

Pretty disappointed with our defence tonight - as good as our scoring power has been.

I'd love the final to be Adelaide vs Geelong, and for it to be won on the siren in a sequence of play involving Dangerfield.

I just don't know whether I want that Dangerfield involvement to be a moment of brilliance or a total brainfade.

Dangerfield has a kick to win it after the siren but he turns to the cameras to do, uh ... a Jim Carrey impersonation? He forgets about the kick because he has a sudden urge to put on a suit and then go hit the surf at Moggs Creek?

Something like that.

North Ballarat beaten by nearly 200 points in the VFL today by Richmond. It's fucking sad what has become of a once-great competition. The AFL has completely ruined it.

What the fuck.

How hard can it be to run a proper, competitive feeder competition that isn't compromised by higher leagues. Other sports do this quite effectively; the AFL has no goddamn clue.

It fucking stank for a while there, thank goodness we've kicked away just in the last little bit.

Adelaide/West Coast/GWS the best teams for mine, in that order. Dogs you can't write off for obvious reasons. Richmond, too early to call. We'll be up there but can't see us winning on the last Saturday in September. If Sydney are able to make the eight no one will want to play them.

Hawthorn had the best forward line only two years ago. Look at it now. Absolutely hopeless, can't score.

Geez this isn't much of a game is it. I came home early from work to watch this?!

Hawthorn have completely given up on resembling anything like a competitive football team in the last quarter.

I reckon Clarko/list management might go a bit of a trading spree end of year. I'm talking trying to offload a Gunston for a 1st rounder etc.

You should've known based on recent formlines!

Yeah, I never thought Hawthorn could win, but there's nothing like a heated rivalry to spark a team and create a good contest. I assumed this would be entertaining. Now it's hard to believe the Hawks got within 14 early in the third.

Little over a fortnight ago they kicked 6 against us in the first quarter ...

It's a staggering drop off from supposedly finishing around 9-10th to being a massive chance for bottom 4. I can't comprehend it. Clarko's going to have to do a full rebuild and if anyone should be given a full licence to, it's him.

I'm starting to think we have a chance against Hawthorn. What a season.

Last edited:
North Ballarat beaten by nearly 200 points in the VFL today by Richmond. It's fucking sad what has become of a once-great competition. The AFL has completely ruined it.

[emoji45] this following the off-season ejection of Frankston and the erasure of the legacy of Springvale Scorpions. Port's struggles.

It could have been so different had it been managed appropriately as a feeder to the AFL.

If one of the current Victorian AFL teams were no longer able to continue (or relocate), there isn't really any place for these fans to go, and we're talking about 30,000+ members.

Back
Top Bottom