The 2015 rugby union thread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #76
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:23 AM
I got up to watch that?!

43-10 flatters us, it really does. Would've been more fitting for Georgia had the game ended when the score was 29-10. They can walk away very proud of themselves and Gorgodze thoroughly deserved his man of the match title. The tier two countries this tournament are really showing that they belong.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #77
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
England ahahahahahahaha
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

HA

England fall in the pool stage. With one game still to play. In their home World Cup.

Is this the most English sporting result ever?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:23 PM
So long England.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Aussies were brilliant. Don't follow rugby much but that foley was top class

If NZ don't win it want Aussies
Old 10-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

I can't think of anything worse than Australia walking away with the World Cup. I'd trade the hilarity of England crashing out this early to avoid such an awful outcome.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but hell I'd even rather the French win the damn thing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #81
45:33

Not watching/following much because of the time zone but trying to catch up on England losing because there is no greater joy on earth than England losing in sport.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #82
Vocal parasite

The best bit is when they actually get some hope and think they're a chance when they peg it back to 13-20 ... and then cop a yellow card when there are not one but two totally illegal tackles at once.

God they were so shit. Play like that in their final game and Uruguay might have a sniff!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #83
Vocal parasite

Decent game between All Blacks and Tonga today. The Tongans were sure up for the fight and the All Blacks were not very good in the first half, but it became one way traffic in the second. Milner-Skudder played a blinder, the try scored by Sonny Bill Williams came off an unbelievable pass (the look on SBW's face when he went over!), and it was great to see Ma'a Nonu score a try in his 100th game. Really nice presentation for Nonu at the end too. Only the sixth All Black to reach that milestone - and five of them were on the park tonight.

I'm still pessimistic about our chances in the finals though. Too many basic errors throughout the tournament and not enough were cleaned up tonight. The Tongans will feel aggrieved that they didn't score at least one try (I'm surprised they didn't get a penalty try at the end of the first half). Really not sure if I'd rather New Zealand faces France or Ireland in the quarter finals...

And come on, surely there are more people on this forum who follow rugby? I'm practically talking to myself here.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #84

Mate I would be but the time zones are fucked. But I took drugs last night and so tonight I'm drinking to alleviate the fear that I'm going to die, so if there's a game on soon, I'll tune in..?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #85
Vocal parasite

Geez, hook a mate up.

Wait, I mean, yes there are some massive games on tonight, including Australia vs Wales (loser has a quarter final vs South Africa), but I'm about to go to bed to get up for Barcelona 4/laughing at England vs Uruguay.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #86

What time's the next game start? I've got foxtel too
Old 10-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #87
Vocal parasite

Ah damn, sorry man, I turned in for the night. Looks like the Scotland vs Samoa game was a classic. Australia guaranteed a semi-final berth now because there's no way they're not going to belt the shit out of Scotland. South Africa almost certain to brush Wales aside too; they're playing with some serious wounded pride ever since their failure against Japan.

And oh look, England have finally figured out how to win, just a little too late to actually matter...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #88
Vocal parasite

So, Ireland overpowered France, which sets up a quarter final between New Zealand and France in Cardiff - the same fixture that led to New Zealand's greatest World Cup embarrassment in 2007. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but as soon as that prospect became a possibility New Zealand rugby figures have talked about it in the sense of "bring it in". I think there's a sense of unfinished business.

And poor Japan become the first country to win three pool games without progressing to the quarters. Hardly seems fair after their impressive performance, and captures the vast importance of getting bonus points, but for the first time they've qualified automatically for the next World Cup (though they would have anyway, being hosts!). Georgia have also secured their first automatic qualification, which is great. Astonishingly, none of the Pacific powerhouses have - Fiji, Samoa, Tonga all missed out, Fiji because they were stuck in the group of death and the other two because they performed like shit, especially Samoa.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #89
Vocal parasite

What on earth were we all worried about? Goodbye France, and fuck me have the All Blacks stepped it up. Keep playing like this, lads.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #90

Thrashing. Shame about the Islander countries but great to see the Springboks still in it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tags
all blacks, new zealand, rugby, rugby world cup, super rugby, wellington hurricanes