The 2015 rugby union thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #46
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Free to air coverage isn't too bad. All of the finals will be on Gem, plus Australia's group games and a selection of other significant group games like New Zealand vs Argentina, England vs Wales, and South Africa vs Samoa: Rugby World Cup 2015 TV guide | The Roar

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Nice, the quarter past 1am matches probably the best bet for me aside from Australia's 8.30pm ACDT match.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #48
Vocal parasite

Tonga vs Georgia first game I get to see. Sure it's a battle of the minnows but I really want to see the Georgians do well. If they keep improving they may have a case for admission to the Six Nations somewhere down the track. And they lead at half-time.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Georgia are a bit of a random rugby union side, you'd never would have guessed they'd have a presence in the WC. Much like Romania. Hell, I swear Russia were in a WC or two.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #50
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Georgia are a bit of a random rugby union side, you'd never would have guessed they'd have a presence in the WC. Much like Romania. Hell, I swear Russia were in a WC or two.
Ceaucescu loved rugby and funnelled money into it. The Romanian team of the eighties and early nineties were on the brink of greatness - they even held the All Blacks to a draw in Bucharest! Georgia in the last couple of decades have been really building. Second try tonight was a thriller; thought they'd blown it and then they suddenly found space.

As for Russia, they ought to have been there this year. Uruguay pulled off a miracle in the final qualifying game to knock them out.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #51
Vocal parasite

A bit of a poke around on Wikipedia reveals that there's a traditional Georgian sport called lelo that's fairly similar to rugby - to the point that a rugby try in Georgia is known as a lelo. So that would explain its considerable popularity there.

They've got this eighteen year old kid, Vasil Lobzhanidze, the youngest person to play in an RWC, and he's having a quality game today. Hell, the Georgian defence has been really solid. Tonga's kept trying and trying and they just cannot get through.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

That's pretty cool. I've always found the greatly varying sport obsessions in different European countries (and their origins) to be very intriguing. Shame about the scant FTA coverage, I swear it's been far superior in past WCs.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #53
Vocal parasite

Tonga finally break the Georgian defence! Seven minutes left now and just a converted try in it. Georgian cause not helped by having a player sin-binned.

Something really needs to be done for Georgia on the international stage. They're not yet good enough to match it with the Six Nations - probably not even Italy - but they're too good for the rest of Europe and keep beating up on all their opponents, even now Romania are slipping beneath them.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #54
Vocal parasite

Georgia have done it! Wonderful scenes as one%

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Hehe. Good times so far!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #56
Vocal parasite

Canada blew the first chance to score in their game against Ireland, and now the Irish are all over them. This is getting ugly.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #57
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Georgia have done it! Wonderful scenes as one%
What the fuck happened to this post?

It was a couple of paragraphs about how great the Georgian celebrations were, including Gorgodze talking about how for the rest of the tournament Georgia will "do our maximum ... and enjoy it against New Zealand".

Oh well.

Ian!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #58
Vocal parasite

Oh geez, barely half an hour gone in this game and Ireland already have a bonus point in the bag.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #59
Vocal parasite

Canada finally get points on the board with a great intercept try! I felt so bad for them after the TMO denied them a try on half-time - it was the right call, but they deserved something for their efforts.

Bit late here now. Hope this doesn't become too much of a blowout.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Hahah South Africa!!!

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Tags
all blacks, new zealand, rugby, rugby world cup, super rugby, wellington hurricanes