Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching the WBBL match and the cameras turn to a young boy in the stands eating a watermelon whole. Incredible.

Great to have the WBBL on the main Ten channel, and what a cliffhanger of a finish. With the low target you'd have thought the Renegades would do it easily, but the Stars made them fight for every run. I'm a bit outraged about that wide that was called in the final over, since the margin was so narrow, but the Renegades deserved that win for the tenacity they showed in the face of good bowling - even with a couple of appalling runouts.

Well what a day of domestic cricket. Wouldn't have believed a decade ago if you'd told me I'd spend the day watching a nationally-televised women's game, then that massive crowd at the MCG, then a sellout at Perth. Hell, if you search hard enough you can probably find me on this forum fearing the death of domestic cricket in Australia.

Shit, it's telling that I completely forgot the third Test began today. And of course as soon as I remember to tune in there's a rain delay...

Ben Stokes has made a big hundred, going at better than a run a ball. Maybe we could call him Flintoff mk2.

On track for a double. But can he commentate like Freddie?

It's been pouring for ages in the BBL match and they're still playing?

I'm impressed they're still out there. I thought they were just trying to get to five overs so they could have a result and then walk off.

Also, I don't get why you have to play 40% of the innings to get a result in ODIs, 20 overs, but only 25%, 5 overs, in T20.

Amazing finish in the rain up in Brisbane, with the Heat finally getting a win. Chris Lynn was incredible. Surely he selects himself for the Australian T20 team now.

And Bairstow just brought up his maiden ton in Cape Town! His celebration was wonderful, you could tell what it meant to him. The partnership's now well past 300...

Wow, England really plundered runs today. Not surprised they declared - and oh god what a horrible runout to kick off South Africa's resistance.

Carlos Brathwaite has a bright future ahead of him. Probably even a bit wasted batting at 7 when Samuels and Ramdin are up the order.

Samuels right now seems to be the absolute definition of not giving a shit. Awful play. You feel for people like Holder or both of the Brathwaites because they've been actually trying to drag this team along and attitudes like Samuels' make that task so much harder.

And how the fuck did Chris Lynn miss the ODI squad?! At least Watto missed it too.

Looks like rain might save the Windies from losing the series 3-0. These last two days have not seen the greatest amount of play, and the forecast for the next three is not promising.

Wow, the Renegades just bowled consecutive wicket maidens against Hobart. Didn't think I'd see that in the Big Bash.

I can't say I'm surprised (and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an awkward laugh as the whole thing occurred) - this is, after all, the guy who called himself the #UniverseBoss in a column for The Age. He's got an ego bigger than any six he's ever hit. McLaughlin deserves full credit for remaining professional through the interview.

He can have as big an ego as he wants without having to resort to low shit like that.

Back
Top Bottom