Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many Australian cricket fans on the web (none on here, mind you) seem to be obsessed with pointing out the size of NZ cricket grounds and yelling 'it doesn't count!' whenever someone breaks a record in NZ.

So many Australian cricket fans on the web (none on here, mind you) seem to be obsessed with pointing out the size of NZ cricket grounds and yelling 'it doesn't count!' whenever someone breaks a record in NZ.

It happens in Australia when anyone scores runs anywhere else. When you see how far the MCG is roped in it kind of makes the argument look ridiculous. Guptill was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That last thread has to have been the quickest cricket thread we've churned through

By an absolute mile. They normally take two years. :lol:

Adam Milne's been ruled out of the rest of the World Cup for New Zealand thanks to a heel injury. On the upside, this rights an injustice - Matt Henry will join the squad.

But who will get the nod for the semi - Henry, McClenaghan, or Mills? Since McClenaghan got a game against Bangladesh, you'd think he's in the box seat.

By an absolute mile. They normally take two years. :lol:

Adam Milne's been ruled out of the rest of the World Cup for New Zealand thanks to a heel injury. On the upside, this rights an injustice - Matt Henry will join the squad.

But who will get the nod for the semi - Henry, McClenaghan, or Mills? Since McClenaghan got a game against Bangladesh, you'd think he's in the box seat.

Henry is the better bowling by miles, but I think NZ hierarchy consider him too close to Southee.

I'm off to the semi in Auckland. Might get myself a tui catch a million t-shirt.
I expect Nz to win. Hope Taylor has a good score.

Nz v India final i hope!

If Aus make final they'll win

When I saw the headline this morning I shit myself ... because Cricket Australia has joined the clickbait bandwagon it wasn't revealed who it was until you clicked through, and I was afraid it would be Boult or Southee, thank god it wasn't.

I think the final will be between the two teams that have really set the standard this World Cup, and that's New Zealand and Australia. India is clearly in that conversation but I just don't think they're going to be able to stand up against Starc.

Speaking of finals, the Sheffield Shield final has been very interesting. Fawad Ahmed I hope has booked himself a ticket to the Caribbean with his 8/89 in the first innings and the Vics are 2/235 in reply to WA's 421. Rogers got 112, his 72nd first-class century, the most by any current player.

That the Sheffield Shield final is being played in Hobart is unreasonable. Yes, the MCG is unavailable but there are a plethora of grounds in Melbourne that could suitably host an event that will only, at best, attract 5,000 fans a day.

Junction Oval may not be as "ready" as it will be in 2017 but it could certainly host the Sheffield Shield final this year. A better look than empty seats at a neutral stadium.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Stands were pretty full in Manuka last year, and both teams praised the facility

You guys have no idea how nervous I am this morning. What crazily evenly-matched teams. This could go down to the wire. Or AB or BMac could play a blinder and it'll be painfully lopsided. I just want it to start already.

Hahaa yea I can imagine your state right now Axver.

I'm so pumped up for this game. I'm just praying it's not a blowout victory for either team. I want a high-quality, competitive match.

Just wish this were the final though...but whatever, just give us a good game boys!

Normally I love a closely fought game, but when it's this all I ask is a lopsided Black Caps victory. They bowl out the Saffers for fifty and then BMac and Guppy get the target off two overs. Something stupid like that. :lol:

And wow, rumour is that Matt Henry will play. Those of you who know your rugby might understand me when I say come on boy, pull a Stephen Donald c.2011!

I expect you've had many better comments than that.

Not my finest, but I'm glad it features New Zealand's finest, The Chills.

Here's hoping the toss is the only thing we lose today.

Massive cheer for a maiden. This crowd is really up for this.

I don't remember if 9 were supposed to show both semis but I'm glad I don't have to bother with a stream today.

Oh geez Boult's all over him. Unlucky there. Crowd groaning at every replay. :laugh:

Come on boys take these chances! Uggghhhhh.

I don't remember if 9 were supposed to show both semis but I'm glad I don't have to bother with a stream today.

Yeah they were always going to show both semis and the final no matter who. It's possible this is the only non-Aussie game they'll show. Ridiculous.

TRENT BOULT YESSSS!

I think this makes him equal-highest Kiwi CWC wicket-taker of all time too.

Back
Top Bottom