Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe it's the day of the final. I better get some sleep. Come on New Zealand, let's do this, let's show the world just how fucking good this team is. What a squad. I hope we can pull off what seemed unimaginable this time last week.

Whatever happens, this team are heroes to me - to see a group of players perform with such heart, such confidence, and such talent makes you realise how incredible sport can be. But fuck I'd love to see us achieve total success. Nobody deserves it more than Martin Crowe and Daniel Vettori, the two most faithful servants for which a country can hope.

If we lift the Cup, I promise you I will not have dry eyes when Dan the Man gets his hands on it.

Quite frankly, I think New Zealand have more to play for, a greater hunger for victory. So often that is the difference. I hope it is today.

Hahaha that's wonderful.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit it begins in just over an hour.

NERVOUS. EXCITED. NERVOUS.

If you watch the TV ad previews for the match you wouldn't think Australia actually have an opponent. :happy:

Holy shit BMac actually won the toss!

Let it be a positive omen.

Here In NZ they had Fox tv Aus build up. Awful presenters. Only Styris representing NZ.
Hope Smithy keeps his cool if NZ win, he's a big lad, might keel over

Feels like it's the biggest chance for NZ (although there's nothing to suggest they won't be as strong in 4 years time), so much so that it would feel relatively dull and uneventful if Australia win.

Feels like it's the biggest chance for NZ (although there's nothing to suggest they won't be as strong in 4 years time), so much so that it would feel relatively dull and uneventful if Australia win.

Very true. For New Zealand this is massive. For Australia, this seems to have become almost routine. I get the feeling from a lot of Aussies around me that they simply expect to win - that there's nothing particularly exciting about it, just an affirmation of their pre-existing hyper-confidence.

Alright Kane and Guppy, let's steady the nerves and find the gaps.

It's just dumb cricket, you can't do that against Starc when he's in that form. Johnson, okay, Hazlewood, fine, but not bloody Starc!

Feels like ages since Warne had a crack at him for lack of effort.

What was all that talk about the MCG being so big that mishits don't go for six?

Back
Top Bottom