NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the Sixers are holding off on deploying the Phantom of the Process until they lose a game. No sense rushing things while the team is on fire.

My guess is the Sixers are holding off on deploying the Phantom of the Process until they lose a game. No sense rushing things while the team is on fire.
I don't mean this as a shot against Embiid... but could they be better without him? The floor is so much more wide open for Simmons to do his thing now without Embiid clogging the lane.

Kind of a Pelicans better without Boogie thing.

I don't mean this as a shot against Embiid... but could they be better without him? The floor is so much more wide open for Simmons to do his thing now without Embiid clogging the lane.

Kind of a Pelicans better without Boogie thing.
Last night's game I think quells those fears. Their defense was a mess on switches without Embiid (how may three point shooters was Amir Johnson late closing out on?) and the offense wasn't generating great looks even with all that space.

Last night's game I think quells those fears. Their defense was a mess on switches without Embiid (how may three point shooters was Amir Johnson late closing out on?) and the offense wasn't generating great looks even with all that space.
Agreed. Definitely looked like Miami made the right adjustments defensively and Philly could have used a low post presence to settle things down when the offense went dry.

Yeah, I saw people saying Brown didn't expect Miami to defend the three like they did and that it was his fault, but it's like, what were they going to do? Simmons was getting beat up going to the basket, and they're calling the games like playoff games, so you just needed to hit some shots. Maybe the only thing I'd have done differently was play Fultz in the second half instead of McConnell, just because giving a playmaker another go wasn't a bad idea. But it's just tough when you don't have that inside presence, as you said.

Miami is a good defensive team. The roster makes no sense, which is why they won't go far, but man is Spoelstra an impressive coach.

Yeah, I saw people saying Brown didn't expect Miami to defend the three like they did and that it was his fault, but it's like, what were they going to do? Simmons was getting beat up going to the basket, and they're calling the games like playoff games, so you just needed to hit some shots. Maybe the only thing I'd have done differently was play Fultz in the second half instead of McConnell, just because giving a playmaker another go wasn't a bad idea. But it's just tough when you don't have that inside presence, as you said.

Miami is a good defensive team. The roster makes no sense, which is why they won't go far, but man is Spoelstra an impressive coach.
We really should have seen Spo turning into this the second Riley didn't dare replace him when he had LeBron. The coaching in Miami and in Boston right now is so so good.

Well congrats on the fire team, winning is worth putting up with that shit.

76ers are on fire. I really, really wanted Cleveland.

Spoelstra is doing remarkable work considering the bizarre construction of that team. Adebayo looks like a player.

I must say I found a lot of the Heat antics irritating, but I suppose it was by design. I am no fan of James Johnson.

Ben Simmons gets away with more travels than LeBron does. Wow.
He got called for it twice I think.
He got away with it at least a half dozen times.

Plenty of room on the Jazz bandwagon.

Our two Aussies played well tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom