NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
PHOENIX -- After a 28-point, 13-rebound, 11-assist performance secured LeBron James his 14th triple-double of the season -- setting a career high in that category after he notched 13 triple-doubles in 2016-17 -- the Cleveland Cavaliers superstar said it's a credit to his ability, not to the evolving state of NBA basketball.

"You can just say I'm like fine wine; I get better with age. That's what it says," the 33-year-old James said after a 129-107 win over the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday.

When it was suggested that teams around the league playing at a faster pace could have something to do with it -- because more possessions mean more chances to rack up statistics -- James shot down that premise.

"More possessions my ass. What are you talking about?" James said. "I'm getting better with age. That's what it's saying."

this fucking guy

View attachment 11851

Old man still has some flash in him.
I absolutely love that the Cavs still suck and lost to Wade's Heat.

It's phenomenal

Should be an interesting final 2 weeks in the East. Philly has disgustingly easy schedule to close, so they could easily jump Cleveland and finish as the 3 seed. Cleveland and Washington have the hardest schedules (although John Wall will be back Saturday), and Miami's is shit simple and Indiana's is fairly easy as well.

So the question becomes do you even try to move up in seeding or do you tank to finish 7th and play the hobbled, no Kyrie having Celtics?

Last edited:
Guess who LeBron thinks should be MVP, guys:

”I would vote for me," James told the Associated Press' Tim Reynolds on Tuesday. "The body of work, how I'm doing it, what's been happening with our team all year long, how we've got so many injuries and things of that nature, guys in and out, to be able to still keep this thing afloat, I definitely would vote me.”

Guess who LeBron thinks should be MVP, guys:
source.gif

Went to a rockets game last night. Watching James Harden play is amazing and hilarious. Never realized just how much of an old man hairy wizard he looks like when he dribbles.

Went to a rockets game last night. Watching James Harden play is amazing and hilarious. Never realized just how much of an old man hairy wizard he looks like when he dribbles.
Harden is a terrific offensive player, there's no doubt. But the NBA needs to do something about the "I'm going to throw my arms through your arms to draw a foul" bullshit that he is notorious for.

It's horse shit and they should not call it.

I agree. I mean it should be a foul but then the player should be hit with a technical/run the risk of a double technical ejection. I think that would be a good solution.

Also, I really really really want the Heat to get the Cavs in round 1, have old man Dwyane beat LeBron and break his streak of NBA finals appearances. That would be a good end to Wade's career.

Sucks for Kyrie. Obviously I didn't want to see him be the agent of Cleveland's exit from the playoffs, but was I hoping he would get a chance to be in the spotlight on his own terms.

Toronto always underperforms in the playoffs, and likely will again.
This Toronto team is much deeper than the past, but you are right - they do have that history.

Lebron could certainly put this team on his back and make his way through a weak East again. LeBron also has a history of quitting on his team when it gets tough and/or he knows he's leaving.

The East is wide open. Anyone from 1 to 8 could advance to the finals, where they'd get dismantled by Golden State or Houston.

Probably Golden State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom