National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read the situation. I'm with you 100%. I posted the video simply because it illustrates referees casually shaking off big calls as being good because they're "ballsy." Professional sports referees are usually awful when it comes to things like replay because that means they have to admit they're wrong.

Ah okay gotcha, thought you were pullin my leg there. It's funny, because it gets worse than this.

Dunno if you remember this from last season:

YouTube - Brad May's Disallowed Goal 11/18/09

Oh look, there's the puck in the net! No goal!

I'm rather enjoying the new setup of the NHL all-star game. I mean, at first sight it looked pretty stupid, but it's rather ballsy of the NHL to attempt such an unorthodox style of selection. I like it though, it's innovative to say the least.

The only downfall is that there isn't a single Panther on the roster, as the NHL has removed the pity-rule :( Not to say the Panthers deserved anyone, as this season it's been all contributing players and no stars (and not contributing enough, at that).

There's another unrepesented team, I cant remember who.

But easily the story of the All-Star news, in my opinion, is the fact that Philly is being represented by only 1 player, and I believe that was Claude Giroux. What a joke.

Almost as bad as shunning Jose Bautista from the HR Derby in my opinion.

Plus you have other rejects in Pronger, Carter, Timmonen, and Richards. Obviously it gets debatable at that point, but Philly deserves the benefit of the doubt considering they are the most successful team in the East (and again, the pity system was done away with, so why should there be any excuses).

Briere got suspended earlier this year and the guy choosing the team was the disciplinary guy. Even Briere said he thinks that has something to do with it.

But at the end of the day, who really cares about the shitty All-Star Game?

jhCga

I don't. I prefer players not making the All-Star game because I view All-Star selections simply as a negotiating tool for players.

I always enjoy the young stars game...

but yeah, the NHL all-star game and events are lame anyways. I do enjoy the all-star break in baseball though.

It's funny because the ASG is supposed to be a showcase of the league's best talent, but it's actually probably the worst game of the year because no one hits and no one wants to get hurt.

24/7 was such an amazing commercial for the NHL for America...I hope they continue to push their brand in meaningful ways (like through that McDonalds partnership) rather than, oh, uh, you know, the Coyotes or Thrashers or Predators or Panthers.

Also:

1) Grab some Kleenex

2) Go here: Episode 4

3) Play from the 30:00 mark

HOLY SHIT.

Funny... the Panthers lose 3 heartbreaking OT games in which they should've won and had the early leads.

But they sill go 3-0-3 in a 6 game home stand, and gain 9 of 12 possible points.

Comedy.

Scott Clemmensen makes the save of the night versus Toronto on Tuesday, Booth makes the shootout goal of the night, and Keaton Ellerby makes the hit of the night, all versus Toronto (yet we still lose).

In Toronto, mind you. And somehow 3 plays from hockey make Sportscenter, and none of them make it. Incredible.

Pens/Isles last night was probably the best game the Isles have played all season. One of the wildest games I've seen in a long time. Wonder what it would have been like if Crosby or Malkin were playing. Or Cooke for that matter.

Panthers traded Frolik for Jack Skille the other day... a bit early to give up on Frolik (but then again Chicago gave up on Skille).

Panthers wont admit to being sellers, despite knowing they will. Sneaky assistant GM Mike Santos.

Dammit. I just want to sit and watch hockey all day today.

Go Wild. Go Habs.

I like your choice of teams!:shifty:

I cannot wait for the Heritage classic later on today!:hyper: There were some major ice issues yesterday, and the players union is there to make sure the ice is safe for the players. If not, the game will go ahead tomorrow! Too bad that the Habs jersey for this one isn't anything outstanding.

Lol the NHL trade deadline is gonna be a bust...

TOR-BOS

Kabarle for Colborne, BOS '11 1st round pick, conditional '12 2nd round pick

STL-COL

E. Johnson, McClement, future 1st for Shattenkirk, Stewart, future 2nd

ATL-BOS

Peverley, Valabik for Wheeler, Stuart

CAR-SJ

Ian White for '12 2nd round pick

more to come.

Also, Stephen Weiss devotes the rest of his career to Florida so long as they will let him. True loyalty, although I guess he just doesn't want to be traded.

If I were GM, aside from all of the young guys like Kulikov, Markstrom, and all of our other prospects, Weiss would be the only player that I wouldn't care to actively shop. And the reason for that is because his contract is so incredibly cheap that his value is so high to the Panthers that we'd never get the return we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom