National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too bad NBC doesn't count Canadian viewers when calculating the viewership numbers because I know a lot of people who don't like Bob Cole and /or CBC and, like me, will be tuning it to the NBC coverage (unless the Habs start losing then I have to change channels - super superstitious :reject: }

Wow, I did not expect a sweep.

Stanley Cup Finals. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm pumped. Time to go get drunk and watch the finale of some crazy TV show about polar bears and donkey wheels and fried chicken.

Hopefully Hossa's run of getting to the Final and losing continues.

If he loses a third straight year, with a 3rd team, that would be awesome. I wonder if that's ever been done before.

Not sure, and I can't think of a way to look other than physically sifting through hockey-reference or something. I know in baseball Don Baylor did it, but he won the middle one ('87 with the Twins).

Eric Hinske has been in three straight World Series with three different teams. Won two of the three, though.

phillies-04.jpg

crazy to think that if the rangers would have won on that last day of the regular season, they'd be playing for the stanley cup*

*would have been eliminated in the first round

congrats flyers

If he loses a third straight year, with a 3rd team, that would be awesome. I wonder if that's ever been done before.

I don't think it has (at least not in the NHL).
One "curse" will end this year, the Hossa one, or the Winter Classic one.
2008 Pens play in that game, lose the Cup.
2009 Wings play in that game, lose the Cup
2010 Flyers play in that game, and are in the Finals.

When he hit Bergeron, I exclaimed something, and told my father to come out to watch the replay of him getting a guy up in the air. He walked into the room right as Giroux threw that pass up.

going from left to right on your sig, what are the first two images?

and you kinda should put 'postponed'. just sayin'

Los Campesinos! and The National. And if the tour ends up being in the spring, it is canceled for me, since I only live in the Philly area from mid-May to mid-August.

When he hit Bergeron, I exclaimed something, and told my father to come out to watch the replay of him getting a guy up in the air. He walked into the room right as Giroux threw that pass up.

So your one of the 9 viewers in the U.S. that has Versus? :wink:

Yeah, I thought most people had VS by now. Granted you could overlook it, it's basically Spike, just replace "Worlds Dumbest Criminals" with hockey.

People were bitching about hockey being on Versus because it doesn't have the same public reach than Espn.It was view from different medias as a very "Confidential" network.Granted,that was 5 years ago.So maybe Versus has increase his viewership today,i don't know.

That's disheartening.

Hopefully home ice gets this thing back on track. For what it's worth I thought the Flyers were the better team for most of game 2, and Niemi isn't that good.

That Eager goal was a real kick in the crotch though, damn.

Back
Top Bottom