National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:
At least you'll have a plethora of teams to root for in California. :yes:

I'm an Islander fan, that's the only team I root for. Once they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs around early January, I'll turn my gaze towards San Jose.

I did live in LA for 10 years, so, this is nothing new.

But, seriously, how the fuck did a team wind up in Phoenix? Damnit Winnipeg.

I have some family out in San Jose and apparently Sharks games are a hell of a lot of fun.

Coolest disbanded NHL team: Hartford Whalers.

THE WHALE!

Well, they didn't disband, they relocated to Carolina.

But the Whale were cool, even if they played in the worst arena in the history of time.

THE WHALE! also had Brass Bonanza, the coolest piece of music played after a goal ever - in my opinion. As a child, I actually wanted them to score, provided the Habs were already up by a healthy margin, so I could hear the music.

By contrast, Montreal played Vertigo for about three years after each goal.

No one knows what the Islander's goal song is, or if they even have one. It's like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. I was at a game last year, and Richard Park got the puck past Bryzgala (or whatever his name is) and the place just got dead silent. Josh Bailey didn't know what to do so he got the puck out of the net, gave it to Bryzgala and apologized. Isles lost 1-0, so it was a pretty good game aside from that faux paus.

No one knows what the Islander's goal song is, or if they even have one. It's like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. I was at a game last year, and Richard Park got the puck past Bryzgala (or whatever his name is) and the place just got dead silent. Josh Bailey didn't know what to do so he got the puck out of the net, gave it to Bryzgala and apologized. Isles lost 1-0, so it was a pretty good game aside from that faux paus.

this is seriously one of the funniest things you have ever posted on here - and you post a lot of funny shit :up:

So long Mats :sad:

Mats Sundin has ended the speculation and officially announced his retirement.

The former Toronto Maple Leafs captain made the announcement at a news conference in Sweden on Wednesday.

"I don't know that there is any other player playing in the NHL that has had so much fun," said Sundin about his career in the NHL.

Sundin had fond words about his time in Toronto with the Maple Leafs.

"Toronto held a place in my heart for 13 years," said Sundin. "It is, and will always be my second home and home away from home."

While Sundin had his share of success - a Swedish league title, World Championships in 1991, '92 and '98, and an Olympic Gold in 2006 - he was never able to capture a Stanley Cup. The eight-time NHL All-Star said the lack of a Stanley Cup ring did not bother him.

"No, not really," chuckled Sundin when asked if he had regrets over not winning a Stanley Cup. "I don't feel bad. On the other hand, I had so much fun playing in the NHL and I experienced so much, I feel I got what I wanted from that league."

The 38-year-old leaves the NHL having amassed 1,349 points (564 goals, 785 assists over 1,346), ranking him 25th on the all-time list.

Sundin ranks fourth in points among European-born players and holds the records for goals (420), game winning goals (79), powerplay goals (124) and points (987) with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

He became the first European to be selected with the top overall pick in the NHL Entry Draft when the Quebec Nordiques drafted him in 1989.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293154

I'm looking forward to hockey tonight despite having low expectations for the Habs this year - now I know what Leaf fans go through year after year! :wink:

that used to be the Leafs team moto... It was on a banner that hung up in the dressing room.

lol.

Did they fall apart last night? I didn't see the game, but I was following the score for a bit. They were winning in the 3rd when I left off. Then I woke up this morning and saw they lost. I kinda laughed a little cause, like...it's funny when it happens to someone else. Nothing against the Leafs.

I'm biased but from what I can tell they pretty much outplayed Montreal for most of the night. The shots were 46 to 27 and the only reason they lost was Carey Price, really, he was really good. A couple of poor defensive moves by Beauchemin and too many penalties by Komisarek didn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom