National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't they suck? The thing that pisses me off is that there are flashes of skill and speed but they are few and far between.

well, they started to wake up at the end of the third period against Chicago but by then the damage had been done and Toskala was pretty good despite the loss.

My favourite part was Ron Wilson doing an interview before the game, spots Patrick Kane walking by in the hall and yells out "HEY, DO YOU WAN'T SOME CHANGE?!" lol...

You guys definitely need a goalie. Biron will probably be available soon enough. The team seems like a patchwork to me. Burke brought in a bunch of overrated tough guys, but seemed to forget about, like, hockey players this past summer. Maybe it's just his Year One of the Rebuild. We've had 4 of those.

Who is Ron Wilson? That's awesome. Did Kane respond?

Ron Wilson is the coach, he's going to be coaching the US Olympic team that Kane is on though so I'm assuming it's ok, Kane just kept walking apparently.

See I don't think we really need a goalie, I think both of the ones we have are decent, it's the defense I blame. Schenn is awful but at least you can blame most of it on this being only his second season in the league. Beauchemin sucks plain and simple, I feel nauseated every time he touches the puck and Komisarek is decent but he has more penalty minutes than the rest of the team combined! What exactly did we pay for with these two?

Ron Wilson is the coach, he's going to be coaching the US Olympic team that Kane is on though so I'm assuming it's ok, Kane just kept walking apparently.

See I don't think we really need a goalie, I think both of the ones we have are decent, it's the defense I blame. Schenn is awful but at least you can blame most of it on this being only his second season in the league. Beauchemin sucks plain and simple, I feel nauseated every time he touches the puck and Komisarek is decent but he has more penalty minutes than the rest of the team combined! What exactly did we pay for with these two?

I thought Schenn was super awesome? I was really hoping that the NYI signed Beauchemp and Komisarek. Looks like we didn't miss much....eh?

Hey, Mike, what a goal by Tavares over the weekend, eh? That's some pretty good hand-eye coordination. :up:

The one he batted in off the boards? Yeah, he's no joke, I am really surprised that he's as good as everyone said and the fact that there was any debate over who to pick first seems like some bad joke. What I want to know is where the fuck Moulson came from. He's by no means a great hockey player, but the dude can score.

No Kadmin (or whatever his name is) is still playing in the minors I think... We had another rookie, Viktor Stalberg who was awesome in the pre season but hasn't panned out so far. Kessel keeps scoring, which is the only bright light so far - he's had 5 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

We put it on the Flames last night, good golly.

6 different skaters with goals. Mmmmm.

Elfa and Beav, your squads will be on our level someday. Hopefully before your pensions kick in.

Thanks, GAF. :hug:

Elf_A - dude...I've been there and watched a 3 goal lead just disappear. It sucks. And the worst is that once that first goal cuts it to two, you know it's over. :( We had 8 minutes left against Boston, up by 3, and we lost.

Dude, the Isles are doing relatively well this year. If they manage to stay on Long Island in the next few years, I predict good things from that team. With players like Bailey, Okposo and, of course, Tavares, you have a pretty good young nucleus right there.

If they can find a good, young goaltending prospect, they can be set up for years to come.

Dude, the Isles are doing relatively well this year. If they manage to stay on Long Island in the next few years, I predict good things from that team. With players like Bailey, Okposo and, of course, Tavares, you have a pretty good young nucleus right there.

If they can find a good, young goaltending prospect, they can be set up for years to come.

This is true. However, the past two games they've played like, well, the Leafs. They'll be fine, I know. They tend to go on these streaks where they just suck though. :( Hopefully this isn't one of them.

That was awesome. Would have been 100 times better if it wasn't against the Islanders, but it was awesome.

We are on a roll right now and we get Hossa back on Wednesday vs. San Jose. Can't wait to watch that one.

I don't want to derail the thread but have to comment...that was one sick way to lose a game! The Montreal kicker was clearly the "goat" if Montreal looses...he turns out to be some kinda hero. Rarely have I seen sucha wicked turn-of-events in a big time game.

I know :sad:

What a shocking, shocking end to a game.

/derailment

In other news, the Habs are officially considered Canada's team. Having lived across this country, I've never doubted that although I did meet a few Torontonians who called the Leafs 'Canada's team':
Habs are closest thing to 'Canada’s team' - The Globe and Mail

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!!

YouTube - Keith Ballard Two Handed Slash on Teammate Tomas Vokoun - Full Incident (HD Multiview)

I keep watching this over and over. He actually is looking right at the goalie after he hits him the first time, sees him go down and then takes a return whack at the post. AND THEN SKATES AWAY while the goalie is rolling around.

Is he nuts? I don't care how bad he felt 5 minutes later. Why the fuck would he just skate away? And he doesn't come back to see how he is, even though other teammates do.

:down:

Back
Top Bottom