MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For headache, for Jerry Seinfeld, for Don Draper, for Lane Pryce, for all the Met fans.

(I can't name any others)

Fuck Headache. He's been an asshole in this thread all season long.

If the Mets win one, I hope it's for the Seinfeld crew. Take something out of the Yankees trophy case and drag it around in the parking lot.

Last edited:
For headache, for Jerry Seinfeld, for Don Draper, for Lane Pryce, for all the Met fans.

(I can't name any others)

Ew. Gross.

bjbw.jpg

Mets will win the NLCS. I don't think they beat the Jays or Royals, but that Cubs rotation is nowhere near good as the Mets' and they lack playoff experience.

As much as I want the Mets to win the NLCS, I won't make any predictions. In the postseason, anything can happen. The Cards had 100 wins and were eliminated in the first round.

Plus, something tells me Donnie Baseball is out in LA. If that happens, the Nats should hire him.

That ain't cool, man. Don't be a sore loser! :down:

It's true though. He's specifically been an asshole about the Nats, knowing I read this thread, since spring training. I'm not as harsh on NFC East teams as he's been on the Nats and that's saying a lot. He's been one small step above GAF saying he would be cool with Packers players dying.

I'll laugh when their entire team is turned upside down in the offseason, but I won't come in here to gloat about it.

It's true though. He's specifically been an asshole about the Nats, knowing I read this thread, since spring training. I'm not as harsh on NFC East teams as he's been on the Nats and that's saying a lot.

I'll laugh when their entire team is turned upside down in the off-season, but I won't come in here to gloat about it.

I don't care what he said, but one thing he never said was "Fuck LemonMelon. He's an asshole."

The Nats were predicted to win the World Series and acted like it. Too bad they didn't play like it. Naturally, any fan of their rivals won't take kindly to that.

I don't care what he said, but one thing he never said was "Fuck LemonMelon. He's an asshole."

The Nats were predicted to win the World Series and acted like it. Too bad they didn't play like it. Naturally, any fan of their rivals won't take kindly to that.

I never said Headache was an asshole. I said he's been an asshole with regards to this specific thread and I don't appreciate it. Normally we get along just fine and I think he's hilarious. If I ever met the guy, I'd take him to see a U2 tribute band and buy him a beer.

What did the Nats do, seriously? Bryce Harper is a prick, but other than that, I saw no gloating or even swagger on our part. We were fresh off an embarrassing playoff performance, one of many.

Last edited:
I never said Headache was an asshole. I said he's been an asshole with regards to this specific thread and I don't appreciate it. Normally we get along just fine and I think he's hilarious. If I ever met the guy, I'd take him to see a terrible U2 tribute band and buy him a beer.

What did the Nats do, seriously? Bryce Harper is a prick, but other than that, I saw no gloating or even swagger on our part. We were fresh off an embarrassing playoff performance, one of many.

You obviously watched more Nats games than me, so maybe they didn't gloat or have swagger. I just got a vibe about them.

If you want to get into semantics about whether he has been asshole or was an asshole in the thread, so be it. You still said "fuck headache". Which ain't cool. There's been plenty of people here that I didn't agree with or get along with at times, but I've never said "Fuck (insert name) or that they were an asshole or have been an asshole in (insert thread). Obviously, Headache doesn't need me to "defend" him, but that's just bad form.

It's true though. He's specifically been an asshole about the Nats, knowing I read this thread, since spring training. I'm not as harsh on NFC East teams as he's been on the Nats and that's saying a lot. He's been one small step above GAF saying he would be cool with Packers players dying.

I'll laugh when their entire team is turned upside down in the offseason, but I won't come in here to gloat about it.

I don't actually want Packers players to die.

Or do I?

You obviously watched more Nats games than me, so maybe they didn't gloat or have swagger. I just got a vibe about them.

If you want to get into semantics about whether he has been asshole or was an asshole in the thread, so be it. You still said "fuck headache". Which ain't cool. There's been plenty of people here that I didn't agree with or get along with at times, but I've never said "Fuck (insert name) or that they were an asshole or have been an asshole in (insert thread). Obviously, Headache doesn't need me to "defend" him, but that's just bad form.

I like Headache. That was probably harsh. I've just felt targeted in this thread since the season started and have dreaded coming in here whenever we do something stupid (which is often).

DC sports are fucking cursed. There's a reason I only follow two of those teams.

I don't actually want Packers players to die.

Or do I?

:up: keep it ambiguous.

Oh.

I like Headache. That was probably harsh. I've just felt targeted in this thread since the season started and have dreaded coming in here whenever we do something stupid (which is often).

DC sports are fucking cursed. There's a reason I only follow two of those teams.

Hey, we all have our moments. And I realize when your team or teams lose, it can sting. Sometimes taking the high road ain't easy. This forum is supposed to be fun and sometimes it's not. If somebody gives you shit, you gotta give it back to them when you can, but there's a certain way to go about it. I've had my balls busted plenty of times, but I pick my spots to bust balls too. I used to despise the BoSox, but I never shit on their fans in this forum. When the BoSox won those World Series, I had to give them their props.

Last edited:
Hey, we all have our moments. And I realize when your team or teams lose it, can sting. Sometimes taking the high road ain't easy. This forum is supposed to be fun and sometimes it's not. If somebody gives you shit, you gotta give it back to them when you can, but there's a certain way to go about it. I've had my balls busted plenty of times, but I pick my spots to bust balls too. I used to despise the BoSox, but I never shit on their fans in this forum. When the BoSox won those World Series, I had to give them their props.

If the Mets do win it all, you can trust that I will give them their props in here. I still have my doubts that they will be able to sustain this success into next year with some hard choices to make to make in the offseason, but that's for next year.

As much as Headache has pissed me off in this thread, at least he didn't call all Nats fans ignorant. :lol: bobsaget is a keeper.

Last edited:
Laz probably jinxed the Dodgers. Dammit.

Wouldn't you know it!

:wave:

:sad:

Mets will win the NLCS. I don't think they beat the Jays or Royals, but that Cubs rotation is nowhere near good as the Mets' and they lack playoff experience.

I'm sure the Cubs are fine with avoiding Kershaw and Greinke.

That playoff experience sure didn't help the Cardinals. This is the first time they're missing the NLCS in like what, 4 years? Cubs just beat the best record in baseball and only needed 4 games to do it.

As for rotation, Arietta gets to pitch twice. Assuming his last game was a fluke, the Mets have no one anywhere near that good. And Lester is no slouch, either. Plus the bullpen has been performing better than expected.

Two great pitchers can steal a division series for a team and Lester/Arrieta were able to do that for the Cubs. Once it opens up to 7 games, depth really starts to matter. deGrom/Syndergaard/Harvey is a nasty trio that the Mets can hang their hats on. I think Arrieta is arguably pitching the league's best baseball, but he can't go every night.

That said, there is undoubtedly more offensive talent in the Cubs' lineup. It's not even close. The Mets went from an embarrassment to a real threat after the trade deadline, but the consistency isn't there the same way that it is for the Cubs. The Mets can rattle off 12 runs in one game and hit three singles over the next two. The Cubs always have someone that can threaten to score.

It's going to be a close series for sure.

I didn't get to watch game 5 of Jays/Rangers live, so I've only just now seen the Bautista bat flip.

Truly, that was a thing of beauty. Pitcher threw a meatball, he crushed it and effectively sealed the game. The flip was well earned. The people getting worked up over it need to move on to watching chess or something. They would probably write an angry letter to the network if they ever watched a football game.

On the other hand, there's Yasiel Puig, who would bat flip over a GIDP:

puig-flip.gif

Last edited:
David Price. Thoughts?

In October, to quote the esteemed Happy Gilmore, "the Price is wrong, bitch".

Dude so much as admitted a couple days ago that the pressure gets to him. Gibbons intentionally used him out of the pen in game 4 of the ALDS so he could safely skip him for game 5. I wouldn't give him 200Mil this offseason. He's the anti-Schilling.

Last edited:
Uncharacteristically bad move by Maddon leaving Lester in after that hit he gave up in the bottom of the 7th. You pull him, the Mets don't go up 4-1, and Schwarber's homer makes it a 1 run game. Considering how the Cubs offense is performing, it's a lot to ask them to get more runs.

Back
Top Bottom