MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a very...optimistic move keeping Lester in. Odds were very good that it wouldn't work out with as many deep hits he was giving up. A sac fly in that scenario vs. Granderson was virtually guaranteed.

What I really hated was the two batters in front of Schwarber swinging for the fences and refusing to work the count. Had even one managed to get on, this could be a very different game. A solo shot was not what they needed.

Last edited:
I like Headache. That was probably harsh. I've just felt targeted in this thread since the season started and have dreaded coming in here whenever we do something stupid (which is often).

DC sports are fucking cursed. There's a reason I only follow two of those teams.

:up: keep it ambiguous.

Oh.

For the record, I was targeting the obnoxious ESPN article that declared the Nationals the NL Champs since March, before any games were played, not you or any other particular fan, certainly not you specifically

#brohug

Last edited:
For the record, I was targeting the obnoxious ESPN article that declared the Nationals the NL Champs since March, before any games were played, not you or any other particular fan, certainly not you specifically

#brohug

:up: It's all good. Wish I'd said something earlier so I wouldn't have spent the season irritated about something for no reason.

I just started seeing a girl who has a pair of tickets to every Blue Jays home playoff game and was promised that if they make the WS I've got my name on at least the first two games here.

:|

I just started seeing a girl who has a pair of tickets to every Blue Jays home playoff game and was promised that if they make the WS I've got my name on at least the first two games here.

:|

Weren't the BJ's down 2-0 to Texas? :wink:

I hate these prime time games. Especially on the weekends. Meanwhile, Daniel Murphy is on fire.

Those are some good series. Happy that one long suffering fan base gets to celebrate in November.

Those are some good series. Happy that one long suffering fan base gets to celebrate in November.

Yes, that's definitely a good thing, although one team has been infinitely suffering it seems. :wink:

Last World Championships:

Toronto- 1993

NY- 1986

KC- 1985

Chicago- ...1908 :reject:

Don't blame Arrieta for everything that happened. 4 runs is a pretty average turnout and if that's all they're giving up, they should have a chance in most games. Problem is:

that Cubs rotation is nowhere near as good as the Mets' and they lack playoff experience.

The Mets are pitching extremely well and the Cubs are refusing to work the count once they get behind because they're in panic mode. There have been some really awful ABs the past two games.

It's not all over, but they need to get some walks and really pressure their starters. There haven't even been jams to work out of because they keep hitting solo shots and popups.

Last edited:
Don't blame Arrieta for everything that happened. 4 runs is a pretty average turnout and if that's all they're giving up, they should have a chance in most games. Problem is:

The Mets are pitching extremely well and the Cubs are refusing to work the count once they get behind because they're in panic mode. There have been some really awful ABs the past two games.

It's not all over, but they need to get some walks and really pressure their starters. There haven't even been jams to work out of because they keep hitting solo shots and popups.

Possible Cy Young winner with the year he was having shouldn't be giving up anything. Even 2 runs would have been a let down.

There's no way they win this with Arietta playing subpar. This was supposed to be their lock game.

I can't sit back and see posts like that.

There's no such thing as a lock game in baseball, and you can't ride someone that long, on that many innings, with that much pressure, with no run support and expect him to keep winning games.

Cubs are getting destroyed by BABIP. I'm hoping they do better in the warmer weather, but the cold wasn't an excuse for the Mets.

Whatever happens, it's been a great year, but seriously, do NOT put this on Arrieta. The guy is 2-1 in the post season, even if the second and third starts haven't been great.

A lot of blame should go on Montero. I love the guy, but he should have nailed a runner at 3rd yesterday AND today, and he didn't. In general I think he's a great catcher behind the plate, but he double-clutches his throws to the bags and when he does, he doesn't get the out. If only we could have a catcher with Montero's BA and Ross' defense. That's one of the things to look for in the off-season, IMO, after another starter, obviously.

Anyways, slinking back out of here, now.

Barring some wild comebacks, it looks like the two worst divisions in baseball this year will end up being represented in the WS.

The AL central has pretty much been a one horse race all year, but I'm shocked that something survived the NL east shitshow.

Last edited:
Schwarber is one of the worst fielders. The kid is a Designated Hitter.

He's got a catcher's body. First time I saw him step to the plate and the initials "LF" were next to his name on the graphic I was quite surprised. He belongs behind the plate in the NL.

Last edited:
Schwarber doesn't move that badly for a guy his size, but he would be awesome as a DH.

The Cubs would be better off getting him up to speed as a catcher and dumping David Ross. It's wasteful to give Lester a personal catcher with the inconsistent season he's had.

Last edited:
Barring some wild comebacks, it looks like the two worst divisions in baseball this year will end up being represented in the WS.

Well, the Jays are still alive, but the Cubbies ain't looking too good so far in Game 4. Will Chicago's finest have to bust out the riot gear? Will Mets fans (and everyone else) finally get to say "Fuck Back to the Future: Part II!" ?

There's no need for riot gear. I wouldn't be overly upset if I were a Cubs fan in this scenario because there's so much to look forward to for that team.

That said, they did play like fucking garbage in this series. There's really no excuse for getting swept (and generally dominated) at this level. We all know the Cubs have enough talent to take at least a couple. Mediocre pitching, impatient batting and some uncharacteristically bad decision-making from Maddon kept this series from being competitive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom