MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe the yankees will use this as a rallying cr... aw nevermind, they're gonna get swept

[x]'d out the window

won't even bother watching games 3 and 4

captainkarl.jpg

Let's all head to Cold One City, you guys.

Easily rooting for the Tigers at this point. As Peef Wellington has said, we gotta have something nice for Karl, you guys.

Imperor said:
Easily rooting for the Tigers at this point. As Peef Wellington has said, we gotta have something nice for Karl, you guys.

I sent that tweet out to a bizarre group of people. I was really sauced that night.

So if Verlander wins today, he's pretty much perfectly poised to start the first game of the WS, or game 7 if need be. Awesome.

Also, I'd rather see the Giants win another WS than the Cards. You know, if Detroit isn't the winner.

Wow, sick slider by Coke when Ibanez was looking to crank a 30-run HR.

Leyland should leave those scrubs Valverde and Verlander off the World Series roster, them being the only guys to give up runs to the Yankees this series.

Leaving Ibanez to face Coke there was pretty bad, imo.

It's crazy how the offense went cold this playoffs. They averaged 5 runs per game, and 6 runs per game against Detroit this year (and beat Verlander a few times). I honestly wouldn't make any big changes based on these games - in my view it's a cold streak more than anything - but it sure is annoying to see. Oh well.

So, looks like Games 4-7 of the ALCS will be on consecutive days now. I assume this means that CC is only good for game 4 and maybe bullpen duty in 6 and 7.

Really glad this series will be over by the time I get home from work tomorrow

What a disaster

Maybe CC can hold Detroit to -1 runs and NY can win 0 to -1

There was some talk earlier today that the White Sox would be one of the most likely spots for A-Rod if the Yankees let him go. You might be surprised, but I'd be all for it. Fuck it. Let him try to pass Mays/Ruth/Aaron/Bonds in a White Sox jersey. That'd be fun. Feed me.

He's been a shadow of his former self for a while now, but 125 games of A-Rod (if he can play that many) is better than 125 games of Brent Morel or some other minor league scrub that we'd be tossing out there.

There was some talk earlier today that the White Sox would be one of the most likely spots for A-Rod if the Yankees let him go. You might be surprised, but I'd be all for it. Fuck it. Let him try to pass Mays/Ruth/Aaron/Bonds in a White Sox jersey. That'd be fun. Feed me.

He's been a shadow of his former self for a while now, but 125 games of A-Rod (if he can play that many) is better than 125 games of Brent Morel or some other minor league scrub that we'd be tossing out there.

Well, anybody would be happy to have him on their roster for free. How much of his contract are you willing to take on?

A-Rod hasn't been the same since that inning where King Felix hit three future Hall of Famers in an inning.

So will the Yankees blow up the team?

That would be an overreaction.

Congrats to the Tigers, by the way. People keep talking about the offense, but one has to give them credit. Their pitching staff (Valverde aside) was great.

That would be an overreaction.

Why would it be an overreaction? The team is getting old and older still. May be time to let some folks go to free agency, trade a couple of guys who are aging, nab a couple prospects or whatever. Cano and Granderson are on the cusp of getting really expensive themselves while the Yankees publicly say they want to get closer to/under the salary cap.

Back
Top Bottom