MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its because the players on those teams didn't perform well at the All Star Game and did a poor job of cleaning the leaves out of Bud Selig's gutters.

The official reasoning is that they don't want the addition of the Wild Card round to delay the start of the championship series, so they are going 2-3 instead of 2-2-1 in order to save a travel day and keep things "right on schedule."

The actual reasoning is not the leaves in the gutter (though that did not help), but the damage they did to the ladder when they carried it back and forth. Bud had to go buy a whole new one, it was completely ruined.

Poetic justice would be them losing and Strasburg getting injured early next season.

I'd feel bad for him, but he was the one who hired fucking Scott Boras.

Stephen Strasburg would probably look a little better on the mound today than Edwin Jackson does...just sayin'.

And yet Edwin Jackson would be pitching regardless of what happened to Strasburg.

I think people are overestimating the impact of Strasburg in this series. Of course he would have made them better, but by how much? And my point was that his contribution has to be judged in comparison to what Detwiler does tomorrow, not to Jackson, who would have pitched anyway.

There's so much variability in playoff games that I would not attribute Washington losing to Strasburg not pitching (even though that's going to be the narrative if they do lose). The St Louis offense (and Washington's lack thereof) has probably more to do with the results so far.

Serious question -- how many of you Yankee fans were calling for Ibanez in the 9th inning before it happened?

Serious question -- how many of you Yankee fans were calling for Ibanez in the 9th inning before it happened?

I honestly didn't think he had much of a chance against Johnson. But yeah, given his late innings heroics this year it was in the back of my mind. I think people were generally happy with the pinch hit decision before he hit the homer.

Now the 12th inning homer, that was crazy. His first homer against a leftie since July 2011, I believe. His line against lefties this year: .197/.246/.246.

True Yankee (TM) status acquired.

In other news, that Valverde blown save was exactly what I expected him to do in the ALDS last year.

I honestly didn't think he had much of a chance against Johnson. But yeah, given his late innings heroics this year it was in the back of my mind. I think people were generally happy with the pinch hit decision before he hit the homer.

Now the 12th inning homer, that was crazy. His first homer against a leftie since July 2011, I believe. His line against lefties this year: .197/.246/.246.

True Yankee (TM) status acquired.

His Home Runs were huge, but I wouldn't label him that just yet. There's still more work to do.

BusterPoseyHanging.gif

I giggle inside whenever I hear anybody say "Go Nats".

Also, I turned 33 this year.

PhilsFan said:
I hope the Nationals get the shit kicked out of them. Fuck this Strasburg shit. Also, Werth is a creep.

Does it pain you to see two ex-Phils hit walk-offs in consecutive days?

So I'm driving home yesterday and I put the Giants/Reds game on the radio to hear from the bottom of the 8th to the end. And Berman is doing the play by play. Not that this is news to anyone, but man does he suck at this on radio... far worse than on TV. Describes one of the hits, a single, in the vein of "And he slams one..." long pause, no further detail...then a little later you find out the dude got a single....horrible. Must have used the phrase "never been done before in the NLDS" referring to the Giants pending comeback from an 0-2 hole with 3 road wins 45 times over the course of an inning and a half.

It has been nice to listen to baseball on the radio at work, but it has been tough listening to berman

Back
Top Bottom