MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After being a little bored and looking into stats (GAF disapproves), I was surprised to see the Seattle Mariners scored the 8th most runs of all teams in baseball when playing on the road. Their wRC+ on the road was 97. 12th best, good for just everso slightly below league average. Then I looked at the park factors (2012 MLB Park Factors - Runs - Major League Baseball - ESPN). Holy shit, Safeco was murder. So they're bringing the fences in. The problem, though, has never been the fences. The problem has been the climate in the area, the wind blowing in from across toward 1B at all times (and the wind being dense, heavy sea air especially).

So the team's offense isn't as poor as is thought. But the moving of the fences will do little to change that. The perceived offense of the Seattle Mariners will remain poor due to location when a single-season-sample shows that away from Safeco Field, the team is almost exactly average at offense. After years of the hitting-haven Kingdome, this is just so different. Kinda makes me miss the Kingdome in an odd way.

^ Yep. Given their budget plan for 2014, they did reasonably well getting both Pettitte and HIROK back. I can't imagine what they do with RF, though. They will probably bring Ichiro! back plus a platoon RH batter. Solid team, but they will depend a lot on big bounce back years from players in decline. I'm sure the Steinbrenners are happy that they'll save a lot of money in the coming years.

I'd probably rather have Swisher at that price, but they needed a CF. I think it's an ok deal for Atlanta.

^ Yep. Given their budget plan for 2014, they did reasonably well getting both Pettitte and HIROK back. I can't imagine what they do with RF, though. They will probably bring Ichiro! back plus a platoon RH batter. Solid team, but they will depend a lot on big bounce back years from players in decline. I'm sure the Steinbrenners are happy that they'll save a lot of money in the coming years.

I'm pleased with their off-season thus far. Will be interesting to see if Martin comes back or not as well.

I like that dude and love his story, but some fool team is really going to overpay him, and pay him for too long. Yanks could be one of them, who the fuck knows.

It won't be the Yankees if they're serious about getting under the luxury tax threshold by the season following the upcoming.

Between the Knicks and the Yankees, New York sports teams are contributing to the Medicare crisis.

Very happy that Mariano is back, I have to say.

I love it when the rumors are complete bullshit. Rumors of Felix to the Dodgers for a deal that "might" include Zack Lee. I mean... really?

If Wright can stay fairly healthy, that'll be a very good contract for the Mets.

A bit lengthy of a contract. Not bad, but I wouldn't be crazy about it.

Angels acquire Tommy Hanson for Jordan Walden. Nonsense move from the Braves. Not the only one they've done recently, either.

I really hate it when people give gifts to the Angels. Sure Hanson's shoulder might explode at any minute. But for a reliever who is just decent? 28 other teams should have been more interested.

Back
Top Bottom