MLB 2017 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Nats need to stop spending so much time with the Mets. The injury bug is apparently contagious.

I hate DC sports.

February

Former major league pitcher and pitching coach Tom House believes that Noah Syndergaard could suffer an arm injury as soon as this summer, he told Bob Klapisch of The Record.

"I pitched [almost] 200 innings (in each of) the last two years, that's why," Syndergaard later told Klapisch, when informed of House's comment. "I get what he is saying. He might be right if I was bunched up and tight. But my arm is loose, my flexibility is good. I'm not worried."

House, who pitched seven years in the major leagues, said Syndergaard's adding of 17 pounds of muscle only hurts his development.

"Unfortunately, this is an injury waiting to happen by the second week of June," House told Klapisch. "Unless you're picking up a ball while you're getting stronger, you're just adding muscle that doesn't know how to throw. It's unskilled muscle."

Despite the fact Syndergaard said he feels fine now, House said Syndergaard, with that extra muscle and high velocity on many of his pitches, has put himself at great risk.

"There's a 60-63 percent likelihood," House said. "I'm sure he feels great today, I'm sure he's throwing well. But what he's done is the worst-case scenario."

Today
Mets RHP Noah Syndergaard will be placed on the 10-day disabled list after an MRI revealed a partially torn right lat muscle, the team announced early Monday.

Syndergaard, who refused an MRI last week despite having his start pushed back from Thursday to Sunday due to discomfort in his biceps and shoulder, left Sunday's start in the second inning.

GM Sandy Alderson will discuss Syndergaard's status at 4 p.m. Monday.

We'll know more when Sandy talks at 4 pm, but I'm being told by experts to expect Syndergaard to be shut down for a couple of weeks, after which he'll start a slow, methodical rehab that should get him back pitching in Citi Field by mid- to late- June. Again, though, this is just baseball medical people guessing without knowing the level strain.

The good news, if you're looking for some, is that it doesn't seem like this is connected to a rotator cuff issue or needs any sort of surgery to repair it, which is what I fearing when putting the events of the last week in order. But, again, we'll know more when Alderson speaks later today...
The 24-year-old Syndergaard gave up five runs and five hits in just 1 1/3 innings on Sunday and saw his ERA jump from 1.73 to 3.29, then returned to New York to examine what the team called a "possible lat strain."

Manager Terry Collins said he didn't see any signs Syndergaard was hurt until he threw a pitch in the second inning and clutched his right side afterward.

"He was throwing 100," a visibly upset Collins said after the game. "I saw nothing wrong with him."

When his start was first pushed back with what was initially called biceps tendonitis, Syndergaard refused an MRI, saying he felt he didn't need one. Syndergaard said he felt "in tune" with his body and didn't "want to turn it into a big thing," according to ESPN's David Schoenfield.

:banghead:

Only 10 days on the DL for a partially torn muscle? Then again, irresponsible decision-making is par for the course for the Mets training staff.

Wishing him the best of health going forward. Great player.

Only 10 days on the DL for a partially torn muscle? Then again, irresponsible decision-making is par for the course for the Mets training staff.

Wishing him the best of health going forward. Great player.

I think the 10-day is the next 15-day. Doesn't mean he'll be back by then. Felix and Haniger from the M's are on the 10-day and the prognosis for both is 4-6 weeks.

I think the 10-day is the next 15-day. Doesn't mean he'll be back by then. Felix and Haniger from the M's are on the 10-day and the prognosis for both is 4-6 weeks.

Yeah, I get that. It's better than sticking him on the 60 day DL needlessly. I just hope, as a fan of the sport, that they don't rush him back only to get injured again.

Yeah, I get that. It's better than sticking him on the 60 day DL needlessly. I just hope, as a fan of the sport, that they don't rush him back only to get injured again.

There's just no downside to the 10 day except a 40-man roster spot. And if they need it they can just transfer him to the 60.

Yeah I'm glad I picked him up. Good lord.

Quintana with his best start of the year tonight. Keep that trade value high, baby. I want him gone for a package of top prospects as soon as fucking possible.

Nothing like some basebrawl. A few items for discussion:

Hunter Strickland is a douchebag

Buster Posey was either ordered to stand down or agrees Strickland is a douchebag

Bryce Harper should NOT be fighting. He is a superstar and one of the top players in MLB. Hopefully, Dusty had a chat with him about that. Douchebags like Strickland ain't worth it.

18765764_1318675214852293_5140801689738893569_n.jpg

Can't give the middle finger if you don't have one #fakenews

Well, since #4 is a thumb, technically #2 is the middle finger.

:wink:

I was thinking the same thing headache was, but your breakdown was accurate. This season is turning out to be vintage Mets hilarity with all of the shit that's gone down. MRI refusal, Harvey suspension, and Mr. Met gets the ax for an obscene gesture to name a few. :wink:

When there's more evidence to him hitting her than a friend making comments on Instagram that the wife deleted, I'll talk about that.

The cheating, while sucky, isn't a shock.

I must say that six straight years of watching putrid baseball has done a number on my interest in the sport. Which is a shame, because I love baseball.

I must say that six straight years of watching putrid baseball has done a number on my interest in the sport. Which is a shame, because I love baseball.

I'm like that. But 16 years instead of 6.

I love two blocks from Nats Park now. Super excited to walk to see the Mets, and it starts to absolutely fucking pour the second I pass through the gates, which is actually a perfect metaphor for the Mets season.

the dome is literally the only decent thing about the stadium here in toronto. i would gladly trade it for a proper ballpark though.

Back
Top Bottom