London 2012 Summer Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gold in the kayak men's four 1000m!!

And if you thought JB was bad... Tomkins couldn't even contain himself! "YES! COME ON! WE'RE GONNA DO IT! YESSSSSS! WOOOOOHOOOO!"

Oh god, they just replayed it and that is some of the most embarrassing "commentary" I have ever heard. I thought commentators were meant to, well, commentate and tell the audience what's happening. I wouldn't want to hear a commentator go on like that even if it was Essendon kicking a goal against Collingwood after the siren to win a premiership. It's like they just gave a microphone to some random guy in a pub.

^ even this little non track n field girl is looking forward to that one; bolt is oddly mesmerising

bronze medal play off in the chicks water polo - really hoping the aussies can hold on :panic: too too close for me with one quarter left to play

and maybe it ain't kosher but I am so disappointed for the Opals - sounds like they gave the mighty US a scare in the first half of the game but it wasn't enough . . . dammit! hope they manage to thump the stuffing out of whomever they face in the Bronze medal play off early on Sunday morning (in my timezone) :(

European Amateur Championships 1st

World Amateur Championship 1st

European Union Amateur Championships 1st

Russian Multi-Nations event 1st

Olympic Games 1st

BBC Sport - Olympics boxing: Katie Taylor wins Ireland's first gold medal

:applaud: for Katie Taylor!

I heard the British paper The Telegraph tweeted about her a few days ago, calling her British! Oh, that's so bad!

BOLT!

Holy crap. To me, he's the greatest story of the Olympics. I know Phelps has more medals, etc, but if they had an 80 m dash and a 150 m dash and a backwards and sideways dash and a 4x150m dash, Bolt would win all those too...

Bolt was awesome. Too bad he slowed down though. He could've set a new WR.

At least Rudisha kept on going. :lol: What a race from him.

Whoo USA.

Japanese players are absolutely gutted. Tough to watch.

Beautiful Day playing on the PA.

BOLT!

Holy crap. To me, he's the greatest story of the Olympics. I know Phelps has more medals, etc, but if they had an 80 m dash and a 150 m dash and a backwards and sideways dash and a 4x150m dash, Bolt would win all those too...

that's crap.

all respect to Bolt, but no need to degrade swimming in order to build up Bolt's greatness.

that's crap.

all respect to Bolt, but no need to degrade swimming in order to build up Bolt's greatness.

It isn't degrading swimming at all.

My point is just that the number of medals should not be the determining factor of greatness at the Olympics because there are events, and swimming being the main one, where you are simply capable of winning many, many more medals than in others.

I agree with the overall medal count.

But hopping, skipping, and jumping aren't analogous to fly, back, breast and free.

And the many medals are really only available to Americans and Aussies because of the relays. Most swimmers are thrilled to win one individual event, let alone 2. The only swimmers to have won 4 individual events are Phelps (4 in Athens 5 in Beijing), Mark Spitz, and Kristin Otto (GDR).

mckayla wants in

maroney1.jpg

she has Tonya Harding eyes

Back
Top Bottom