London 2012 Summer Olympics - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #286
45:33

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511

That Author doesn't know a thin about swimming.
Oh and you do??

Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:19 PM
I'd love a silver or bronze. Gold is just a bonus and should be treated as such when it comes to individual Olympic sports. If Seebohm cries so be it, but surely the most disgusting thing about the whole thing is that Ch 9 would rather focus on the devastation of the loser, rather than the glory and brilliance of the winner.

Maybe we Aussies don't really "love our winners" as we are mythologically imagined to.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #288
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
That article gets it totally wrong. It's exactly because Lochte clobbers her on all the other strokes that makes her fast-as-his freestyle all that much more suspicious. It was swum at the end of a 400 IM where the two should be equally as tired.

That Author doesn't know a thin about swimming.
Obviously you know a shitload more about swimming than I do, but I'm not clear how that rebuts two of the article's points that struck me as pretty decent: 1. Lochte at that stage of the race didn't have to go all-out to win (and when he did in another race, he beat her time) while she did, and 2. other male swimmers did swim the freestyle leg of the 400 IM faster than she did, but all the attention has been on the Lochte comparison. How come you don't think those points are valid?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #289
Vocal parasite

Latest installment in Axver Hates Channel Nine: They're still asking "what went wrong?" about that 4x100m freestyle men's relay, as if the gold was Australia's divinely ordained entitlement.

What went wrong? They weren't as good as three other relay teams on the day. Not that fucking hard to figure out.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #290
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Oh and you do??
Can't tell if sarcasm.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 AM   #291
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Latest installment in Axver Hates Channel Nine: They're still asking "what went wrong?" about that 4x100m freestyle men's relay, as if the gold was Australia's divinely ordained entitlement.

What went wrong? They weren't as good as three other relay teams on the day. Not that fucking hard to figure out.

move on already channel 9, stop banging on about it and show some of the other live events instead of endlessly rehashing yesterdays news
Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 AM   #292
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post

move on already channel 9, stop banging on about it and show some of the other live events instead of endlessly rehashing yesterdays news
Utterly infuriating to know there's something on that I'd love to see, but Channel 9 can't be arsed showing it because one of their staff made a crappy montage about old news.

Also, wish they'd show us a new ad rather than all these fucking promos for Big Brother. Big Brother?! Is it still 2000?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Can we trade Andrew Gaze for Dwayne Russel for the basketball commentary?!

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he started calling the game with phrases like "shoots from 50 and "that was clearly a throw!"
Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #294
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Can we trade Andrew Gaze for Dwayne Russel for the basketball commentary?!

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he started calling the game with phrases like "shoots from 50 and "that was clearly a throw!"
CHAOS BALL!

clf

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Oh god.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #296
Vocal parasite

Showjumping very exciting and tense. Andrew Nicholson put in an awesome run for New Zealand - we're still in contention for a team eventing medal, though as I type I think Germany's just secured the gold. Mark Todd still to come, and if he has a clean round then he's guaranteed an individual eventing medal. God I hope he can do it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #297
Vocal parasite

Team eventing bronze to New Zealand! Our first medal for this Games.

Also, compared to the petulant Aussie swimmers, one of the Pom equestrians gets it right: "Gold would've been brilliant but silver is fantastic."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Showjumping very exciting and tense. Andrew Nicholson put in an awesome run for New Zealand - we're still in contention for a team eventing medal, though as I type I think Germany's just secured the gold. Mark Todd still to come, and if he has a clean round then he's guaranteed an individual eventing medal. God I hope he can do it.
sorry about Mark Todd! i was torn, because i think he is so great, but Team GB's chances were hinging on him not going clear!

the German team are pretty amazing, so really happy with the silver for Britain! Sweden was definitely the equestrian surprise this time! was seriously worried in case Britain was going to be knocked out of the Bronze even!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #299
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
sorry about Mark Todd! i was torn, because i think he is so great, but Team GB's chances were hinging on him not going clear!
Yeah, it was a shame he couldn't quite get a clean round, but god he did well with Campino. So chuffed that we snared bronze; that was a thrilling round of showjumping. Sounds like some of the British riders have impressive stories behind them, and I can't believe I'm seeing Mark Todd in the medals again after all these years.

Still the individual round later ... hope he can get a medal in that too, even if he's now an outside chance. Wish I could stay up for that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:19 AM
It was exciting to see Great Britain win the silver in men's team gymnastics. Of course the only reason NBC showed it is because the American team fell apart. We also had endless shots of William and Harry cheering them on-not opposed to that really (especially Harry because he's just so cute) but it's as if they think that's the only way to keep us interested in a non US team.

I enjoyed the men's synchro diving too. Those are some tiny Speedos too, even smaller than the women's volleyball bikinis I love diving in general, even more than swimming.

Yesterday I managed a total blackout on results so it was much more interesting. Anyone know when the women's gymnastics is back on?