College Football 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking into it, I guess I'm misunderstanding.

I thought if an AQ didn't make the top 16 and a non - aq finished above them, they lose their berth to the non-aq.

Referring, of course, to NIU.

Also, I would definitely never count out SMU.

I'm not counting out any team to beat UCF. Temple nearly beat them. USF nearly beat them. But Louisville lost. South Carolina almost lost. It's polarized.

I'm counting out Cincinnati ever finishing above UCF. They never went head to head, so if Cincy beats Louisville, the only true difference in schedule would be their two respective losses. We lost to a top ranked South Carolina. They lost to an unranked Illinois. And they lost to USF. 2-6 USF. Who we just beat... they stand no conceivable chance at surpassing us.

And I'm pretty sure a team that finishes top 12 but isn't from an AQ conference gets an AQ designation regardless. Or, if they finish in the top 16 and they are ahead of an AQ team, they get AQ designation. That doesn't mean the other team that as AQ designation loses their designation. It just means one "at large" bid turns into an AQ bid. But someone feel free to correct me on that...

LOL I wouldn't sleep on SMU. UCF has to go on the road to play a team fighting for bowl eligibility when they barely survived Temple and South Florida teams that have a combined three wins.

It's not a matter of surviving a team like SMU. You're talking perfect storm for a team like Cincinnati. SMU would have to destroy UCF and Cincinnati would have to destroy Louisville.

I meant that because TCU fans know first hand about blowing seasons to SMU.

If UCF loses to SMU next week, and Cincy manages to beat Louisville, that would really be a disaster of a way for the BCS system to end, if they do still have to invite the winner of the AAC to a BCS bowl. In all likelihood, neither team would be ranked in that case.

And, yes, as I recall, the auto-bid not in the top 16, resulting in the non - aq getting a bid , loses theirs.

As I mentioned, though, my knowledge of this stuff comes from three years ago when TCU almost fell ass backward into a BCS bid.

Looking over the rankings right now...Missouri is an extremely soft #5. Their schedule was laughable for an SEC school and they still managed to lose at least one game.

Let's see if they can survive battle-tested (but not all that great) A&M.

I meant that because TCU fans know first hand about blowing seasons to SMU.

If UCF loses to SMU next week, and Cincy manages to beat Louisville, that would really be a disaster of a way for the BCS system to end, if they do still have to invite the winner of the AAC to a BCS bowl. In all likelihood, neither team would be ranked in that case.

I assume UCF still has a chance at being ranked even with the loss. Even so though, there's entirely no reason to take Cincinnati. Against the same opponents, UCF will have a better track record. In losses, UCF will have more reputable losses. Inconceivable, even given the situation.

And, yes, as I recall, the auto-bid not in the top 16, resulting in the non - aq getting a bid , loses theirs.

Not from what I just read. But it's the Internet, so who knows... my word isn't gospel though. I learn on the fly so you could be right.

BaVs6O_CYAAhg2j.jpg:large

Fuck Michigan. If your disappointing school has the good fortune of being able to go to overtime with Ohio State, you do that.

I remember when TCU beat Boise State in Idaho on a similar play.

I hated it then, when we won, I certainly don't like it now.

But, I understand WHY the call gets made.

Fuck Michigan. If your disappointing school has the good fortune of being able to go to overtime with Ohio State, you do that.

Dunno if you noticed, but Michigan's D was getting run over all game.

One shot to win from 3 yards out > playing for OT here.

I've watched a lot of shitty college games this year, but this Alabama-Auburn game is making up for them.

Good work, TCU. If nothing else they played up to the rivalry and that's worth something. Just sucks coming so very very close.

Back
Top Bottom