College Football 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey bros we're heading down to join the rally for a guy who let a known child molester hang around our college football team and our campus for over ten years!

Will there be beer?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The prevailing feeling is that the national media is trying to make Paterno the bad guy and is ignoring the other players involved here. Spanier disappearing has a lot to do with that. People are trying to defend Joe from the national media. I know of hardly anyone who doesn't think he should do more.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but this was not some frat boy rally for Paterno with no thought behind it.

I think at this point the attention is on Paternoster because it feels like he's going to get out of this relatively unscathed. Or at least it did feel like it.

What? He's got zero chance of coaching beyond this season. The only question is whether he's out tomorrow or in a couple of weeks.

What? He's got zero chance of coaching beyond this season. The only question is whether he's out tomorrow or in a couple of weeks.

Well, Spanier's career is ruined. McQueary is never going to get laid again in his life. Sandusky, Curley and Schultz will face their reckoning in court.

Paterno's career is over as well, but really, how much longer was he going to last anyway? The main thing he has to lose is his legacy, the last 10-15 years of which he decided were more important than protecting innocent children.

I agree. I think as time goes by, people will understand that Joe had to go. This initial resistance is through the haze of not being able to believe it.

What a miserable time. A week ago I was excited about the prospect of playing for the Big Ten championship. Now I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I support the players, even though they didn't do anything. It's a lose-lose for everyone.

I think the last two posts were what I was trying to say. You were saying that it seemed like people were putting all of this on Paterno and I think it's more like, it's obvious the other guys are already fucked so now attentions turning to Paterno.

Actually, it is not obvious that Spanier is fucked. That's the big issue. Nationally, everyone is talking Paterno. Here, everyone's wondering what the hell happened to Spanier. He canceled the press conference and disappeared. He has not spoken since he offered his unconditional support to Curley and Schultz. No one knows what Spanier's deal is because he's in hiding.

Apparently the Board of Trustees is meeting now, so shit could easily hit the fan within the next couple of hours. Paterno and Spanier could be gone tonight.

That's true about Spanner, I managed to forget about him as well, so I see where you're coming from.

What a miserable time. A week ago I was excited about the prospect of playing for the Big Ten championship. Now I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I support the players, even though they didn't do anything. It's a lose-lose for everyone.

I think you and the rest of the student body can and should still support the players.

Who knows, after all this shit, once Saturday rolls around and you're about to kick off against Nebraska, support for the team (I'm talking about the guys actually taking the field) could be as high as it's ever been. Just because of everything that's happened. It'll be like "WE'RE STILL HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I think the school spirit will return very quickly. You took a huge punch, but it's not like you aren't still in the hunt for the B1G TEN title, ya know? You can still beat Nebraska. Your defense is still damn good.

It would be a nice story if the kids on the team pulled together after all this and actually did win it. Who do you play after Nebraska?

Ohio St. is highly beatable.

The other two will be very tough but, like I said, just because of these crazy circumstances...who knows, something wild could happen this Saturday in the Happy Valley.

I think you and the rest of the student body can and should still support the players.

Who knows, after all this shit, once Saturday rolls around and you're about to kick off against Nebraska, support for the team (I'm talking about the guys actually taking the field) could be as high as it's ever been. Just because of everything that's happened. It'll be like "WE'RE STILL HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I think the school spirit will return very quickly. You took a huge punch, but it's not like you aren't still in the hunt for the B1G TEN title, ya know? You can still beat Nebraska. Your defense is still damn good.

It would be a nice story if the kids on the team pulled together after all this and actually did win it. Who do you play after Nebraska?

Nebraska opened as a 2.5 point favorite and is now favored by 4.

Sure, emotion means a lot, but so does preparation, and it might be hard for players to pay attention to the coaches when they have just found out that none of them have testicles.

8-4.

Imagine the signs and chants at the horseshoe after the year their program has had....they're thrilled to not be the team under the microscope.

Yeah, Penn State will lose the last three and whatever shitty bowl they play in. The players have basically been told to stay off campus. They've been locked in their apartments playing Modern Warfare all week.

8-4.

Imagine the signs and chants at the horseshoe after the year their program has had....they're thrilled to not be the team under the microscope.

Yup, the amount of child rape jokes heard at Big Ten sporting events will be increased x 10,000,000

Yeah, Penn State will lose the last three and whatever shitty bowl they play in. The players have basically been told to stay off campus. They've been locked in their apartments playing Modern Warfare all week.

Well then what was that practice that Joe Pa went to this afternoon? Were the players not there?

Oh, well, yeah, they're going to practice. I just mean they're not exactly having a normal week in the lead up. They're at practice and then they're basically insulated to try to keep them away from it all.

I'm going to a charity event tomorrow night that some players are supposed to be at. We'll see what happens with it.

Defending Paterno, I guess. It's just a mob that's pissed about this and doesn't know what to do. People want Spanier to show himself. People are afraid of the change of losing Paterno, though. They don't really know what they want. They're just upset. It's unexplainable. I'm just sitting in my apartment, reading about it all. I'm listening to a radio host out in Pittsburgh rightfully burying Penn State students. I can't argue with it.

I still just don't know what to do.

What can you do? If you don't side with the people that are rioting, then don't riot. Chill in your apartment. Listen to some tunes.

Paterno is getting the full attention right now because he is the most powerful person on that campus. He's more powerful than the president of the school, or the AD. He is the almighty when it comes to Penn State. The campus was a small agriculture school before he got there.

He is in the spotlight because nobody with a rational mind can actually pull themselves to believe that he knew nothing.

When it all comes out in the end, JoePa will look like a giant piece of shit. I understand how that hurts people who loved him and held him up high, but it's true none the less.

In 1998 Sandusky was investigated by university police. A full report was made. The first copy of that report would have gone to Joe Paterno. There is zero chance that he would not have known. Zero.

A few months later Sandusky, who was widely believed to be JoePa's successor, retired suddenly. Nobody really knew why. Now we know. You want to tell me those things aren't related? Come on...

In 2002 mcqueary saw Sandusky committing anal rape of a young boy in a shower. Mcqueary went to joepa and then up the ladder. He was supposedly very shaken by what he saw.

Mcqueary then had an incredibly fast trip up the coaching ladder. Going from unpaid GA to a full time coach in mere months. Now he's head of penn states recruiting, a position coach and assistant offensive coordinator, and he stands next to joe in the booth st every game.

He also would see sandusky still around the campus, around the team, sometimes with young boys, for 9 years after he witnessed the man rape a 10 year old boy.

You want me to believe that mcqueary's quicker than usual ascension up the ranks, that began right after the 2002 incident, isnt related? Come on.

Sandusky is, by far, the biggest bad guy here. Obviously. But paterno is next, the administration and mcqueary as well. There will be a special place in hell reserved for all of them.

Sandusky is, by far, the biggest bad guy here. Obviously. But paterno is next, the administration and mcqueary as well. There will be a special place in hell reserved for all of them.

5176243760699240.gif

Yeah, I really have no sympathy for the whole "the media is treating Paterno unfairly" argument. The media apotheosized him for something as ultimately inconsequential as coaching a football team; they are well within their rights to rip him down over something as deathly serious as being an accomplice in child rape.

As for any PSU students supporting Paterno, it's just more sad evidence of a culture that believes nothing could possibly be more important than winning a bloody football game.

Back
Top Bottom