2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a game changing talent, but 2006 is the only time he's ever been able to stay healthy for an entire season.

He's also a primadona who gets lazy from time to time, dances around like a fool for no reason and pisses off most if his opponents... including, once upon a time, the marlins.

Give him a shit load of cash and south beach?

He'll be great the first year... then be incredibly frustrating from there on.

I actually kinda hope the Marlins sign both Pujols and Reyes. I love to see changeover in who wins divisions. Imagine that lineup!

Strong buzz that the Cubs are going to hire Dale Sveum as their new manager.

I don't see this inspiring a whole lot of initial hope and excitement among Cub fans, but who knows? The guy could work out.

The Rangers now have the Astros, the Mariners and the As in their division. Nice.

The 1-game wildcard is so stupid.

Is this change really going to amount to that many more interleague games, or are they just going to be spread-out more through the season?

Interleague play is atrocious. Why does anyone like it? And why do we need more?

I don't mind it as a few week gimmick before the All-Star break, but having interleague games the last month of the season is retarded. As is adding teams to the playoffs like that.

I thought they were keeping the same number of interleague games, only spread out through the season? At least they are balancing the schedule for interleague play, it seems.

I think the single play-off is stupid, but I like full-season interleague play.
A mixed bag from Selig? I'll take it instead of a full shitsack.

Bobby Valentine and Omar Minaya in Boston would be beyond hilarious.

Seriously, Bobby Valentine is the kind of manager who would tell Dustin Pedroia to bunt Jacoby Ellsbury over to second when down by a run in the top of the 9th, then bench him after he botches it.

He wouldn't bench Pedroia because "he plays the game the right way", which is a good conceptual category in Valentineland.

He would probably bat Crawford's 0.320 OBP first, though.

I don't think he gets hired, he really is the anti-Tito and not really in the Sox m.o., from my outsider impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom