2011 MLB - Part III - World Series, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he probably wants to win while he can still play rather than hitting 700 HR or :)wink:) breaking the all-time strikeout mark, but both of those things would require him to play as a DH.

Ehhhh, I don't know. Melky had a pretty damn good year last year. And Sanchez...did not.

We'll see. It could turn out to favor either side, I just don't think there's an obvious winner there in the trade.

Well, he probably wants to win while he can still play rather than hitting 700 HR or :)wink:) breaking the all-time strikeout mark, but both of those things would require him to play as a DH.
Right. I think he cares more about winning that personal records. Though Philly may not be the best place for winning at this point, either (just ask Cliff Lee).

Apparently the Marlins have dished out offers/meetings to everyone and their mother. Including names like Pujols, Reyes, Buehrle, and others.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Keep them fingers crossed.

Right. I think he cares more about winning that personal records. Though Philly may not be the best place for winning at this point, either (just ask Cliff Lee).

Phillies could reload pretty quickly by offering a few guys arbitration instead of new contracts. Lots of high draft picks that way.

Ehhhh, I don't know. Melky had a pretty damn good year last year. And Sanchez...did not.

We'll see. It could turn out to favor either side, I just don't think there's an obvious winner there in the trade.

They've both had one good year, I suppose. Was Sanchez hurt? I see he only pitched 19 games.

The Marlins played ball with Ryan Madson, but it seems as though he's going to sign a 4 year deal in Philly.

Worth $44 million. You do that, Philly.

Jon Heyman says the Marlins are 'dead serious' about Reyes.

It'd fill in a hole at 3rd (moving Hanley over). Just... health issues... err...

That's a much more reasonable deal than I thought they were going to sign with him. He's making less than Lidge's post-World Series deal. I'm pleased.

It scares me to think the Marlins even talked to Madson if that's what he was asking. I hope they quickly laughed and hung up.

Jon Heyman says the Marlins are 'dead serious' about Reyes.

airport-shuttle.jpg

The Marlins have "jumped early on" a number of players, including Carlos Beltran, according to Yahoo's Tim Brown. This is the first time this offseason we’ve seen the Marlins linked to Beltran, but it's not the first time we've seen them linked to the offseason's top free agents.Prince Fielder, Jose Reyes, C.J. Wilson, Mark Buehrle, and Yoenis Cespedes are among the many players who have been linked to the Marlins so far this offseason.

Seriously... it's too good to be true. Jumping early?

They better not get all of this press and then let everyone down.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Heard about that... hope for his safe return.

Just shocked I watched ESPN for two hours last night and they never mentioned it... kind of a big deal.

He is definitely better than Madson, but marginally so. Has a better track record, though. He was much better than his ERA from last year shows (12 K/9 with a 1.4 BB/9, it was probably his best season peripherals-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom