2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, the sky is blue! It's been obvious for years. Stoked, obvs.

The Sad Punk said:
Yeah, it's become a bit fashionable to hate on Cuz in the past few years because of a string of stupid decisions, but he is and may always be my all time favourite football player, an idol to me when I was a kid, so it really pains me to see him like this. I was genuinely worried that he was going to die soon after Mainwaring's death, but somehow he didn't, even though it seemed like everything was falling into place for that to happen. I wish him all the best.

How do you survive the benders he went on? I mean, I get he was otherwise incredibly fit and healthy, but he was smoking ice for five days!

How do you survive the benders he went on? I mean, I get he was otherwise incredibly fit and healthy, but he was smoking ice for five days!

I have trouble understanding just how people do it, but I guess you just come out of it feeling more dead than alive anyway.

HOLY SHIT GUYS ONLY TWO MONTHS UNTIL FOOTY

I hate the preseason cup. Feels like a cop out to me.

I fucking miss footy so much though. During footy season your Friday nights are planned week after week. Can't wait till it's back.

The preseason cup seems to become more meaningless and irrelevant by the year. They really need to sort their shit out there.

I suppose I'll say what I say every year, WHERE THE FUCK IS STATE OF ORIGIN. Now that complaint of mine is out of the way for 2012.

Guys. that discussion on the tennis thread. About technical things and what-have-you. I wans going to make a comment but it's best here.

I guess for all the years- christ awell over a decade now - that i've been watching footy, I haven't learnt noenough. Because much as you all keep going on about, say, Juddy, I just ... well I'd pick Zaharakis on my team any day of the week over him. I know they play different positions. But I've never really noticed Judd excpept in other people talking about him, while Zaharakis impressed me straight up.

sorry for drunktypos.

Ok so we don't watch many Carlton ames anyway because I hate them and they'r SO FUCKING BORING, but the few we saw last year, I KEPT expecting him to do something and he didn't really, it was other people scoring goals and taking marks and shit.

Zahaarakias (I wondered when I'd drtunktypo it!) at least scores goals whenever I Watch. Jud d I mainl;y know by hype, I'm not sure I'd have notice d him if it weren't for everybody alelse talking about him.

Pretty much the same for Jobe QWatson, come to think of it. I just don't notice midfielders.

The pre-season cup starts in February. The season proper will begin late March.

OH MY GOD :lmao:

spoilered because you will die of laughter

AkZru2SCAAAR2ZH.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Saw that in a BigFooty Lookalikes thread. It never fails to amuse me every time I see it.

Quintessential American rocker at quintessential Australian event?

Yeah, that makes a heap of sense.

Still, it'd surely be a massive, massive improvement on last year.

Just the "2011 AFL Off Season Thread" part to "2012 AFL Thread", or the gag too?

What the fuck? The whole NAB Cup is ONLY on Fox Footy (or not even broadcast) this year, except for the final.

I mean, yes it sucks hard and almost anything else would be better, but christ, I need me some footy.

I was actually kind of excited to look up the Crows' intra club match results. :lol: And Sando's recap.

Really? That's very strange.

I kind of expected it, honestly. Last year, there was only one game a week from the pre-season on free-to-air, and I figured things would only get worse. Charlotte's more annoyed than I am because she hadn't been harbouring the same cynicism.

Essendon plays Sydney on her birthday so I imagine we'll be having birthday drinks at a pub with Fox Footy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom