2011 AFL Off Season Thread - We are Geelong, the greatest team of all, for now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't wake up naked on a beach in Ibiza in 1988.

Pay deal has finally been done. Big news. $1.144 billion over five years - the same they were offered three months ago. so they have relented.

- from 2016 players will get a minimum $300k a year (currently $236k. This is the base rate for everyone in the league except rookies)
- from 2016 rookies will get $57k (currently $41k)
- players will get one weekday off a week
- six weeks off at the end of the season, as part of nine weeks' annual leave
- $20k each year after retirement

:up::up::up:

AFL players don't get paid shit compared to American professional leagues. I find the massive minimum pay difference between "rookies" and "players" fascinating, as if in that first year the league fully expects them to have nervous breakdowns and back out.

I hope Aussie sports leagues never reach ludicrous salaries like in European and American professional leagues. What some players earn is simply obscene, and out of all proportion with skill or reality.

Oh, I agree. I find it refreshing.

But I still don't get why rookies make community college professor salaries.

You all hear Darryl White got banned for life? He was deregistered because he's been suspended for more than 15 games. But get this - it was a one-match suspension. He's accumulated 15 all up.

What a fucking joke :|

Luke Dalhaus, James Frawley, Tyrone Vickery and Dyson Heppell were all at Pyramid.

Dalhaus in particular got extremely loose. He was camping near us and at one stage was fist-pumping shirtless on the top of a van with three other girls.

@RealNaitanui
Respect the AFL drug testin process.But to take a whole dreadlock for hairtest?haha lets be serious #neededit #sook

@harry_o

@RealNaitanui yes brother I know exactly what ur talking about. I had a lock taken from me last yr. Felt like a part of me was taken too :-(

So sad about Cuz too. You'd've thought having a kid would settle him down a bit. Here's hoping something clicks because otherwise he'll be dead within a few years.

Yeah, it's become a bit fashionable to hate on Cuz in the past few years because of a string of stupid decisions, but he is and may always be my all time favourite football player, an idol to me when I was a kid, so it really pains me to see him like this. I was genuinely worried that he was going to die soon after Mainwaring's death, but somehow he didn't, even though it seemed like everything was falling into place for that to happen. I wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom