2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Knicks surely have a promising short term future. Their playoff/pressure situation inexperience showed at the end of the game last night. Obviously this isn't their year, but I'd be pretty optomistic were I a Knickerbocker fan.

And can someone please keep the Spike Lee sideline shots down to less than 250 per game.

I don't know...it seems to me like the Knicks are on the verge of taking the Miami route, which is to throw a bunch of max contracts together and hope that they work. This off-season, I suppose, will determine what sort of direction they want to take; will they go after another big name, or will they try to assemble a group of strong role players around their two studs?

They don't have that much cap space this summer as far as I know, but it seems that the main options would be either to give another max contract to a PG (CP3 being a free agent in 2012) or to have some good role players and a legitimate big man. Even if they go the route of trying to get another "star", I'd say they would be a much more balanced team than the Heat (where Lebron and Dwayne basically are the same player).

I tend to think that good role players and a big man is the preferable option, given that three max contracts would mean a bunch of scrubs. Last night showed how lack of depth is a real issue (and having two guys with bad knees in Amare and CP3 - if they try to get him - would be very risky).

But yeah, they seem to be very close, especially if you consider they have been playing together for only a couple of months. I'm still amazed by what Carmelo did last night - those four other guys he was playing with would probably not be in the rotation of any serious playoff team.

They'd be better off going after Deron rather than CP3 next summer, which isn't out of the realm of possibility given the former's current situation.

Didn't he say something indicating that he would sign an extension in NJ/Brooklyn? If not, yeah, he would definitely be a great pick up.

From what I have seen of the Knicks, which admittedly is not too much, they like to feed Carmelo or Amar'e and let them make their own offense. That's basically the same thing that Miami does with LeBron and Wade. I understand that Melo and Amar'e have only been together for a few months, but they are not yet playing what I would call cooperative basketball. Whether they will learn to do that, or Dantoni will teach them to do that, is an open question.

Then again, those of you who watch them on a nightly basis will know more about their offense than I. I might be way off base here.

gump said:
Didn't he say something indicating that he would sign an extension in NJ/Brooklyn?

Something to that effect, but I'd be fairly shocked if he does. And I base that on absolutely nothing.

From what I have seen of the Knicks, which admittedly is not too much, they like to feed Carmelo or Amar'e and let them make their own offense. That's basically the same thing that Miami does with LeBron and Wade. I understand that Melo and Amar'e have only been together for a few months, but they are not yet playing what I would call cooperative basketball. Whether they will learn to do that, or Dantoni will teach them to do that, is an open question.

Then again, those of you who watch them on a nightly basis will know more about their offense than I. I might be way off base here.

you are.

have they put in more isolation plays since getting melo? yes.

did they give the ball to melo yesterday and had everyone else get out of the way? yes.

when everyone's healthy and on the court, do they still have a flowing offense based on ball movement? yes. say what you want about d'antoni's defensive abilities... the man would quite before he started running the lebroniac's offense.

there's a difference between isolating players and running an isolation offense.

Man. Got the 3-0 series lead, but I have to give credit to the Pacers for coming to play. They've been tough, and very physical. Watching them during the regular season, I did not expect them to come out and play as hard and as competitively as they have.

Anyway, fuck em, let's get the sweep on Saturday and rest up for Round 2.

If you touch LeBron or Wade within 15 feet of the bucket, they blow the whistle. In Philly. TNT won't show any replays.

I hate this league.

It seems to me that Miami's come to the playoffs with a different offensive plan than they've been using during the season. Ball's moving around much more.

He said the only way the Sixers can win is if the Heat bus crashes. Who gives a shit?

Barkley said they'd have to have Wade get hurt and kidnap LeBron, so it's basically the same thing.

The Sixers have no one who can create their own shot. Of course they can't beat anyone in a playoff series.

Chuck's got a Tracy Jordan-esque free pass, so no surprise people aren't offended by a kidnapping joke. But seriously, I don't know why people care about the Kerr thing. It's not like he called Joel Anthony a fucking faggot.

It just goes to show that it's all about delivery. And being a white dude.

I just stumbled upon a Pacers fan forum. They don't seem too happy about Jeff Foster's fouls being upgraded. I do not think the Rose foul was flagrant, but the Deng one was at least questionable. Still, the Bad Boys or the Knicks back in the day...people would probably press charges on them nowadays.

These fans also seemed to think that Kurt Thomas should be suspended a game for the elbow he used to hit Hansbrough. That was obviously David Stern saying that Kurt needs to stay because the Bulls have to win.

Then they complained about the ref's, Stern, and Rose for the next 4 pages. It was a fun read.

so i see the celtics have awaken from their 2 month slumber.

No Billups and an obviously not right Amare leaves the Knicks way overmatched. Its a shame cause the series would have been pretty good if the Knicks were healthy, though I think the Celts would have prevailed in 6, but now I think the sweep is imminent.

I for one will be glad to no longer see Spike Lee wearing his Knicks towel like a cape and getting in the faces of the refs. At least Jack just sits and watches the Laker games and doesn't make a spectacle (read that ass) out of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom