Yo La Tengo - Fade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dearie me it is on Grooveshark too.

I was going to finally see The Crow tonight....I could do both...

It's funny, last night I was JUST talking about waiting for the first leak of 2013.

I was so pleased with Popular Songs I'm worried this is going to be a step down no matter what.

I guess they were due for something mellower and succinct after two upbeat/aggressive albums that also had long jams. But if this is closer to Summer Sun and ...And Then Nothing Turned Itself then I doubt I'm going to be very excited.

And Then Nothing >>>>>> Popular Songs, I Will Beat Your Ass

I've never heard Summer Sun. Reviews have not been kind. Fade doesn't sound anything like And Then Nothing though.

Summer Sun is great and I prefer it to And Then Nothing..., simply because it's not as long and sounds more compact to these ears.

As far as this one goes, I'm not feeling it at all after first listening.

I can't decide which of those two I'd rank at the bottom of the YLT discography (the ones I've heard, at least), but they'd be right next to each other. Not bad albums but they don't give me that special charge.

1. I Can Feel The Heart...

2. Electr-o-pura
3. Painful
4. Popular Songs
5. I Am Not Afraid...

6. boring one
7. other boring one

If you don't like those two, I'd be pretty surprised if you liked this one. It is far more mellow than Popular Songs or I Will Beat Your Ass and more akin to Summer Sun as far as its mood goes, with songwriting that is nowhere near (this pun was an accident) as good.

That's, like, your opinion, man.

It's a pretty chill album, but I wasn't bored even once. Helps that it's a breezy 45 minutes.

:lol:, it's nipping at the heals of the competition.
1) Toro y Moi - Anything in Return (8.0/10) -
2) Yo La Tengo - Fade - (8.5/10) -

3) Low - The Invisible Way (6/10) -

Is this album Cobblerable?

By that I mean will I be crucified if I listen to it before their other albums?

My 2013 list so far:

1. Long.Live.ASAP

I hate when a song like "Autumn Sweater" comes along, in a way, because I can never love anything else by this band as much as I love this song. It happens :(.

I can think of about 30 YLT songs I like better.

Back
Top Bottom