Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
I'm odd....I am staying away cos I somehow think it'll take away from tomorrow night. :shrug: I'm an idiot, I guess.

Nothing in the world could take away from it. Trust me. They're going to blow you away and you'll going to love them even more.

My second Wilco show (October 06 in San Antonio) is still my second favorite show I've ever seen, behind those kooky Icelandic Sigur boys.

Enjoy the show Mike.

I have seen them twice (and I hardly remember them being anything the first, but that was outdoors in 1994 when they just started out as Wilco). They blew me away when I saw them in Indy last year, and the crowd was horrific. I know they put in sooo much effort into their Chicago shows. And especially into the residency (or so I am told).

I got shut out of the Residency pre-sale tickets, and then was told that I had to attend a figure skating show, so even if I got tickets, I could not go. :sexywink:

Enjoy! For all of us. :D

No spoken words said:
Like a square peg in a round hole.

squarepegs.jpg

The webcast is fucked up for me but they just did a scorching version of Via Chicago. :drool:

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Wilco? I haven't listened to them much lately and I've missed most of the webcast but I'm loving them all over again. Plus, Tweedy just screamed. I love it when Tweedy screams. :drool:

Shit, Less Than You Think :heart:

Where is Zoomerang? He should be hearing this.

Oh my God, it's so beautiful...how are they going to end it...here it comes...Christ!

Let's take a moment with these lyrics.

Your mind's a machine
It's deadly and dull
It's never been still and its will
Has never been free

Lightly tapping
A high-pitched drum

As your spine starts to shine
You shiver at your soul
A fist so clear and climbing
Punches a hole
In the sky
So you can see
For yourself
If you don't believe me

There's so much less
To this than you think

It's almost gone
The night is dissolving
In a cup God lifts
To toast the lightning

Lightly tapping
It's high-pitched and it hums

Your spine starts to shine
And you shiver at your soul
A fist so clear and climbing
Punches a hole
In the sky
So you can see
For yourself
If you don't believe me

There's so much less
To this than you think

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
:drool: :drool: :drool: Saturday can't get here soon enough...

I just posted this exact sentence over at Via Chicago. I'm so ridiculously excited.

NSW was awesome--I got to hear so many songs.

That drone at the end of Less Than You Think was gorgeous.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

That drone at the end of Less Than You Think was gorgeous.

It froze my computer, LOL

But what I heard was amazing. I'd never heard a live version of that song before. The lyrics just kill me.

My computer had a lot of problems with the stream tonight. I could only have that and one browser window open, or else my computer would completely freeze up. I thought it was a great setlist tonight, though. I totally wasn't expecting them to close with Dreamer In My Dreams.

By Saturday they're either going to be still flying on the energy of these shows, or completely wasted. I'm going with the former :up:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

By Saturday they're either going to be still flying on the energy of these shows, or completely wasted. I'm going with the former :up:

I fear the latter, but suspect the former. :yes:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

NSW was awesome--I got to hear so many songs.

Hard to argue with that. :)

I'm so glad that you were able to hear the songs clearly, that's great. I could not even tell if you were answering/listening.

I know it was streamed, but, hearing it on the phone is a tad more powerful, or so I think.

I'm kind of wiped out, off to sleep soon, but, as I said above that was pretty amazing....so glad I've finally seen them in concert.

Back
Top Bottom