Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my tickets to the Philly gig:

L/C orch, row C

Not bad. 4 rows better than what we had when we saw Arcade Fire. Plus, I didn't lose any sleep getting up to buy them, plus I have enough to pay for the tickets myself. All is well with me. :D

Cool. You'll be only a few rows back from me, on the same side. :up:

From what I'm reading over at Via Chicago, a lot of people got shut out, so we should consider ourselves lucky!

I'll keep a lookout and say hi if I see you. :wave:

The tickets sold out completely within 40 minutes. :ohmy:

Man, if it's this tough to come across a Wilco ticket, I can only imagine the psychosis that will surround the Radiohead ticket sale. :ohmy:

Yeah these were tough tickets.

I got in for the Wednesday show, but shut out for every other.

Which songs are you guys most interested in hearing them play this time out?

I'm not too picky about the setlist, but I'll be pleased as long as they can fit Shot In The Arm, Jesus Etc, and Impossible Germany in there somewhere, I'll be satisfied. Bonus points for NOT playing The Thanks I Get.

I'm glad to see this bumped, and I'm jealous you're going to Winter Residency, NSFW.

But I have a confession, gang. I sold my tickets to the Houston gig. I just sort of need the money to put towards my tickets for the Radio Heads. I've seen Wilco and Tweedy solo so many times, I thought it would be okay. Maybe it isn't though.

I hope this doesn't warrant taking away my Wilco Fan card.

Impy, if you needed the money to pay for your Mom's operation or your tuition or for a case of Powerjuice, I'd not blink....but this, this requires thought before I pass judgement.

:)

You've seen em before, so it's understandable.

I've never seen them; I'm long overdue.

I've seen the Radio Heads once, in LA, look forward to seeing them again.

Its pretty easy to agree that this set kicketh ass.

1. ELT
2. A Shot In The Arm
3. Side With The Seeds
4. You Are My Face
5. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
6. Pot Kettle Black
7. At Least That's What You Said
8. What's The World Got In Store
9. When The Roses Bloom Again
10. Airline To Heaven
11. Ashes Of American Flags
12. Either Way
13. Jesus, Etc.
14. Too Far Apart
15. Can't Stand It
16. Sunken Treasure
17. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

// E1:
18. Misunderstood
19. Far, Far Away
20. Why Would You Wanna Live
21. Impossible Germany
22. Sky Blue Sky
23. Please Be Patient With Me
24. Cars Can't Escape
25. Hummingbird

// E2:
26. Hate It Here
27. Walken
28. I'm The Man Who Loves You
29. Heavy Metal Drummer
30. Candyfloss
31. Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Tonight's setlist so far:

1. Someone Else's Song
2. Hell Is Chrome
3. Handshake Drugs
4. Muzzle of Bees
5. Via Chicago
6. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (interesting to see a repeat so early on the second night)

Next weekend will be my third time seeing them, but my first time inside and from relatively close. I think this is the closest I'll ever have been at a show, in fact. They're my favorite band right now, so even though it's a weird time of year for a big road trip, I couldn't resist.

I think they're going to come out of this run of shows in Chicago with so much energy, and I imagine the setlists over the next few weeks are going to be wild. I think I'll probably hang around for awhile after the show to try to meet them. I've become a big Nels fan since the last time I saw them last summer, so it would be especially cool to get to meet him.

I'm going to try to avoid looking at the setlists as much as possible this week. I don't want to get my hopes up too much. :hmm: Being surprised is always good anyway.

No spoken words said:
I'm so fucking stupid....I'm going to see them tomorrow, not tonight.

I would say, you're so fucking lucky to be seeing them tomorrow. I don't hope it will be good, I KNOW it will be. Enjoy. :)

At least you realized it before you went over and got in line today :giggle: Besides, you should be thrilled--getting to see the last night of the residency will no doubt be epic.

joyfulgirl said:

I would say, you're so fucking lucky to be seeing them tomorrow. I don't hope it will be good, I KNOW it will be. Enjoy. :)

BonoIsMyMuse said:
At least you realized it before you went over and got in line today :giggle: Besides, you should be thrilled--getting to see the last night of the residency will no doubt be epic.

You are both right, of course.

Thanks. :)

Impy, I'll deal with you later.

You're going to need a keg of Powerjuice for that dealing.

I called people from many a U2 show on the Vertigo Tour.....friends, and, I served as the source for set list threads a few times......if you want a random call during the show, I'll totally do it.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
WXRT in Chicago will be streaming tonight's show online, starting at 7:30 central time. :up:

I almost forgot but I'm listening now. Damn...so good. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom