weezer - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,219
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
Everything Will Be Alright In The End.....thoughts?
I think it's really good.
__________________

__________________
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,498
Local Time: 08:32 AM
I've listened to it a lot more than Songs of Innocence. A lot more.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #63
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Best since Maladroit. Which is actually saying something because I find that one and Green quite enjoyable.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #64
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,457
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Seeing it played live all the way through really helped my appreciate it more. Especially the Futurescope trilogy.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #65
War Child
 
RaisedByWolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedarwood Road
Posts: 880
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I've listened to it a lot more than Songs of Innocence. A lot more.
That was unnecessary don't you think? Some of us including myself ranked SOI as our favorite album of 2014. We are on a U2 site after all
__________________
RaisedByWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #66
War Child
 
RaisedByWolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedarwood Road
Posts: 880
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
I think it's really good.
me too, they haven't sounded this fresh since probably Pinkerton BUT that being said Maladroit and The Green Album were decent too. I really only dislike Make Believe and especially Raditude!! The band lost the plot teaming up with some hip hop guy

__________________
RaisedByWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #67
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
That was unnecessary don't you think? Some of us including myself ranked SOI as our favorite album of 2014. We are on a U2 site after all
Well, this is the general music section. The assumption in here is that posters listen to more than one band.

I've listened to SOI more often than EWBAITE, but honestly more out of obligation than enjoyment. I like the latter more.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #68
War Child
 
RaisedByWolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedarwood Road
Posts: 880
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Well, this is the general music section. The assumption in here is that posters listen to more than one band.

I've listened to SOI more often than EWBAITE, but honestly more out of obligation than enjoyment. I like the latter more.
Fair point, sorry to read that SOI is an obligation for you. For me, I personally rank it at #7 of the bands 13 albums released so far. I can't say enough good things about SOI.
__________________
RaisedByWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,498
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
That was unnecessary don't you think? Some of us including myself ranked SOI as our favorite album of 2014. We are on a U2 site after all
So my opinions are unnecessary?
Good to know.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,922
Local Time: 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
Fair point, sorry to read that SOI is an obligation for you. For me, I personally rank it at #7 of the bands 13 albums released so far. I can't say enough good things about SOI.
I know you're newer here, so this insight might help. But it actually appears that other than a handful of people that post over on this side of the forum, that this album has been generally well received. I'll be putting it as my #1 album as well. Compared to NLOTH and HTDAAB, this album is looking good from an overall satisfaction perspective, even by us over here who are more critical of the band.
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #71
War Child
 
RaisedByWolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedarwood Road
Posts: 880
Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I know you're newer here, so this insight might help. But it actually appears that other than a handful of people that post over on this side of the forum, that this album has been generally well received. I'll be putting it as my #1 album as well. Compared to NLOTH and HTDAAB, this album is looking good from an overall satisfaction perspective, even by us over here who are more critical of the band.
Well said mikal and thank you.
__________________
RaisedByWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #72
New Yorker
 
Flying FuManchu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Posts: 3,153
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Love the new album! But love Weezer in general. It's a fun album!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Flying FuManchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #73
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,457
Local Time: 05:32 AM
So this was just posted on Weezer's Twitter. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1452719241.953060.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	10542


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,219
Local Time: 09:32 AM
Assuming an album is on the way...the White Album?
__________________
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #75
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,457
Local Time: 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
Assuming an album is on the way...the White Album?

That's my guess, I just hope it's as good as EWBAITE


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weezer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com