U2 is your favorite band....right?? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #16
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:22 PM
U2 are A Favourite, but not The Favourite. I'd rank them in my top five, but Porcupine Tree are number one these days.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:22 PM
Certainly U2, and it has been for about 6 years now....can't see it changing anytime soon, we'll see.

Travis challenged U2 for this position last year, as I identified with the band and their music very personally, and on an enjoyability level, every song is exceptionally satisfying. Travis represents MY band, a band only I understand and appreciate, cause I seem to be the only person who appreciates them down under. U2 prevailed through, they just are THAT good on EVERY level.

So, for me, it's

1. U2
2. Travis

....daylight....

Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 07:22 AM
u2 is 1 of the 3 artist' whose music i like.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
U2 are A Favourite, but not The Favourite. I'd rank them in my top five, but Porcupine Tree are number one these days.
Same. Porcupine Tree excite me more now...although I must say I'm quite excited at the new tour and NLOTH is a few steps above HTDAAB and AYCLB. Also The Church still really excite me - don't forget they have been releasing albums almost as long as U2 and most have been good...in fact the last few have been really good. Seems like they keep getting better. And I can't forget Neil Young (especially live in concert!!!).
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 AM   #20
Babyface

Local Time: 10:22 PM
U2 are right up there and always have been... admittedly, at some stages more than others.

Other bands/artists that I rate just as highly would be REM, The Beatles, The Cure, Radiohead, David Bowie... and also The Shins, The White Stripes and Silverchair. That's the tip of a very large iceberg anyway...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:57 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

U2 is my favoritest band ever!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #22
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Starflyer 59 is my favourite band. Not U2.
Nah... no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
They used to be the bees knees, I'll admit I did almost worhsip the ground they walked on.

What happened?

I "Grew out" of them, and changed my tastes in music, Last Fm really was the start from me. 3 years ago, I really branched out.

These days I don't think I have one favorite artist. Just a whole damn bunch. I still love U2, its just a bit different these days.
I think you'll find this is how a lot of people feel.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:22 AM
The Church (and various solo and side projects by two of the members -- Steve and Marty) is my favourite by far. I love that they are equally adept at lovely pop songs and trippy psychedelic pieces. And their catalog is huge.

Also love Catherine Wheel, some Porcupine Tree (I only have a few albums -- I need to get more. The Marty mentioned above is a huge PT fan -- whenever he talks about them I always think of Axver. ), Wilco, the Go-Betweens (actually, I mostly like the Grant McLennon Go-Betweens songs, not so much the Robert Forster Go-Bees songs. Also like Grant's solo work), Gersey. Those are pretty much my current faves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Also The Church still really excite me - don't forget they have been releasing albums almost as long as U2 and most have been good...in fact the last few have been really good. Seems like they keep getting better.
Have you heard Untitled #23 yet? I've only had it in it's finished form about a week, but I'm really loving that album. I particularly like that Steve does almost all the lead vocals. Happenstance has Steve and Marty on vocals, but it's more heavily Steve. I tend to like Marty's solo and side project songs better than the Marty-sung Church songs.

Sorry. Off on a Church spiel again. Every board needs it's very own church freak and I seem to be this one's.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #24
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:22 PM
U2 is the only band that:
- I get excited for every new album
- want to see every tour
- listen to their back catalogue

normally (not now No line ... has just been released) I don't listen to them all that often, but they are my favourite band
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:13 AM   #25
45:33

^ actually, i'll second that too.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Definately A favorite, they are probably number 1 today, but it could change tomorrow...

It used to be an absolute. And then my absolute was some other dude.

But these days I can't find that one that I'm just obsessed with...

I don't know if I'm just getting older, or I haven't found the right one yet.

Wow, I sound like I'm talking about a girl.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Sad isn't it?

My wife sometimes talks about how she has to share me

U2 is my number 1 although that tends to change between albums and tours.

I have to say that this sub-forum has really helped me expand my musical horizons quite a bit so I have to give mad props to the regulars in here for pointing me in good directions, offering good advice and even sending me some new music now and then
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Not anymore. They used to be a few years ago, but since then, my musical horizons have opened up quite a bit.

Now, I can't name an artist who is my absolute favorite. I've got probably 10 or 15 that I can't go without, U2 is one of them, but they definitely aren't #1 for me today.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:22 AM
U2 is my favorite band.

I don't know for how long, but its been 8 years and counting.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

yes, since 1991. i will never "get" another band or care about another band as much as i care about U2. they've provided the soundtrack to a great portion of my life, good times and especially bad, and i have forged a deep emotional connection to several of their albums.

however, i'll go months without listening to them. lots of other music will rise to the top of my playlist for a while. i'll become obsessed with other bands at different points, and i also have a deep love for several other bands as well.

but there's an endurance to my relationship with U2 that no other band can touch. simply, they came along at exactly the right point in my life, and remain, to this day, the only band that (ultimately) matters.