turntable.fm: hip new music social networking site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh Lyman

Babyface
Brilliant new music service Turntable.fm makes music more social than ever online

Has anyone heard about this yet? Might be the next big thing. Or it might just be hyped up by some nerdy social-networking enthusiasts convinced that every new start-up is going to be so drastically important and widespread that in five years it will warrant the creation of a critically-acclaimed dramatic movie. They are using the cool club strategy - you have to know someone already in to get in. Worked for Facebook and gmail, among others.

The concept certainly sounds cool to me - like a more social and interactive last.fm. Plus it adds the element of competition, and what hipster doesn't want to brag that he has the best music taste of anyone, and that he can prove it with his turntable.fm points?

I have not yet been granted access to this site despite friending someone on Facebook who claims to be "in." Could be a bug, could take time to register new friendships, or it could be intentionally denying new users access to increase anticipation/frustration.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried turntable.fm, and if it lives up to the hype.

Seriously, what is this shit

Plus it adds the element of competition, and what hipster doesn't want to brag that he has the best music taste of anyone, and that he can prove it with his turntable.fm points?

I can kick anyone's ass at post-darkwave. What do I need an invite for?

Techcrunch was just raving about this, and it sounds like a lot of fun, I'm tempted to stump for an invite, but honestly, the last thing I need is another thing to waste my time.

Back
Top Bottom