The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeings how they were CLIPS I"m trying not to put too much faith into them. On the other hand, it was not exactly what I was hoping for. But they weren't full songs, and I haven't let myself listen to any full songs. I'm still kicking myself for listening to the clips. But, yeah...what was I saying?

I have to say, I wasn't totally inspired when I heard the early live versions of the songs, or the 30 second clips... but ive come to LOVE human, and Spaceman now, and the 1:30 clips that came out have made me get into all the songs more. Joyride sounds like it will be mental, the bass is magic, and dustland fairytale is epic.

Yeah, I'm listening to the japan itunes store clips again, I'm feeling a bit better about them this time.

I can't wait til Monday......literally I can't...why hasn't it leaked? :sad: :)wink: )

I have to say, I wasn't totally inspired when I heard the early live versions of the songs, or the 30 second clips... but ive come to LOVE human, and Spaceman now, and the 1:30 clips that came out have made me get into all the songs more. Joyride sounds like it will be mental, the bass is magic, and dustland fairytale is epic.

i still think the early versions of Spaceman were WAY better than the new/album version. i absolutely hated the first live performances of Neon Tiger and Joyride, but the performances at Royal Albert Hall and Jools Holland are fucking ace :up:. the songs so far sound a lot more mature developed -- it sounds like this may be one of the most classic albums of this decade.

So is it true that the Japanese are holding this album hostage? What is the ransom set at? I'm willing to pay some money. Or some Yen or whatever the currency is in Japan these days.

The clips are new to youtube, but there has been a few crappy clips floating for a while. Goodnight, travel well and one other are out there as well... not very listenable. ok, its 1:54pm in Australia, so surely there is someone in Japan that has been out and bought the album!!

Im checking my local tonight, they sometimes subtly put new releases out early. Its against the law, but they slip them casually into the band's section on the racks, rather thana big new display to reward the big fans. Wish me luck, ill let you know if i get my hands on it...

Human is ok, Spaceman is ok, funny lyrics. I'm not overly impressed yet, but I'm curious to hear the rest of the album. It could have a non-single gem like Uncle Jonny was on Sam's Town

Human is ok, Spaceman is ok, funny lyrics. I'm not overly impressed yet, but I'm curious to hear the rest of the album. It could have a non-single gem like Uncle Jonny was on Sam's Town

Brandon has really developed lyrically. It's a Bono October > War transition, where he went from trying to be too philosophical and transcendant, and became more direct and literal.

Dustland Fairytale is a gem. I hope it's not a single, because it will ruin the effect (as it did with ATTTID).

Losing Touch is also impressing me.

I think the non-single tracks will be much stronger than on both HF and ST.

i just called my music store and they are unpacking it now!! They told me it is out Saturday, but I'll head down there after work and have a look. I'm fairly certain she told me that because that is what they have to say.

I am not a fan of lo-quality leaks. In fact, for the few bands/artists that i really like ( Killers being one of them) I prefer to wait for the official release. I dunno, there is something exciting about it.

I love this time of year tho. New releases from all of my faves, Killers, Keane, David Cook, Snow Patrol? Thank GOD U2 decided to postpone things or I would need an IV hookup.

Dunno what the quality is like, cause I'm at work, and will have to wait another 2 hours to listen to the album, but if you look on the fillers last.fm page, there is some linkage :)

no there was a link in the shoutbox to a forum that hide the songs, exceptional quality. it got taken down before i could get the last 2 though. i already preordered the cd so ill delete them on tuesday anyway

Back
Top Bottom