The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But these are actual full album versions that I listened to on youtube, not some shortened inaudible clip!

:lol:

But will amazon.com files play properly in itunes? I've never tried them. And I cannot stand those files that after downloading refuse to copy to itunes! :mad:

But will amazon.com files play properly in itunes? I've never tried them. And I cannot stand those files that after downloading refuse to copy to itunes! :mad:

They add themselves to iTunes. Amazon mp3 is better than the iTunes Store. It's cheaper, it's 256kbps, and it never has DRM.

They add themselves to iTunes. Amazon mp3 is better than the iTunes Store. It's cheaper, it's 256kbps, and it never has DRM.

This.

Amazon needs to span the globe. Kick the shit out of itunes, or at least get iTunes to clean up their act.

If you do it though, you have to promise to listen to it a few times. All the posts in this thread should be proof enough of how much of a grower it is.

i never got the hate for Sam's Town, I think it's great. some top tracks like When You Were Young, Sam's Town, Bling, and their best track, Read My Mind on it.

i agree, its one of my favorite albums ever. tracks 1-6 are almost perfection to me. if i had to currently rate the albums id rate them as:

Sams Town 9
Day and Age 8
Hot Fuss 7

I would be very happy if someone could email me all the b-sides! Really liking the album..

gapostbox at gmail.com

Debuted at #6 in the US with 194,000 copies. More than 100,000 copies less than Sam's Town, which debuted at #2.

Debuted at #6 in the US with 194,000 copies. More than 100,000 copies less than Sam's Town, which debuted at #2.

im not surprised it sold less copies with the economy the way it is, but im surprised its at #6. can you post what the top 5 albums were?

im not surprised it sold less copies with the economy the way it is, but im surprised its at #6. can you post what the top 5 albums were?

While I agree with you that Sam's Town is great, I know we're in the minority, and I think that, mixed with the economy is why it didn't do as well here as Sam's Town did. ST was super anticipated after Hot Fuss. D&A on the other hand, I don't know that that feeling was still there.

1. Kayne West
2. Taylor Swift
3. Guns N' Roses
4. Beyonce
5. Ludacris

I think that, mixed with the economy is why it didn't do as well here as Sam's Town did. ST was super anticipated after Hot Fuss. D&A on the other hand, I don't know that that feeling was still there.

Agreed.

I guess right now I would rank them -

1. Hot Fuss
2. Sam's Town
3. Day and Age

But I think they're 3 for 3 when it comes to producing solid modern pop albums. They aren't world-beaters but who cares? They write some good tunes.

I really like Forget About What I Said a lot. It's quickly becoming my favourite b-side from the album.

I've listened to the album about 4 times now...very consistent but missing the hits IMO.
Human seems to be the only one that had that potential(the music and melody are fantastic), but that chorus is just too incredibly cheesy to allow the song to be a hit.

The album sold 200k in the UK to go number 1, with the fourth highest first week sales of the year

Behind

Coldplay
Kings of Leon
Oasis (Who sold less than a thousand more)

The UK is a fifth the size of the US, yet they're selling more there, looks like it's time for the Killers to move to the UK :wink:

Back
Top Bottom