The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was pretty lukewarm on this album after a couple listens, but now 10-15 listens in im loving it. the only track i cant really get into is joyride, but other than that im digging every song.

When I heard 'Spaceman' for the first time, I thinked it was a horrible song.
Now I cannot stop to listen to it all day long!

I had downloaded this last weekend, but never got around to listening to it.

Now that it's payday, I'll just buy the album on my way home. :lol: I'm really looking forward to checking it out!

Finally, picked it up today. Listened to it all the way through once.

Somewhat disappointing. It's much better than Sam's Town to me, but nowhere near as great as their first album. The Killers + horn sections = :yuck:

I miss Hot-Fuss-era Killers. :sad: And the new songs I like the most are the most Hot Fuss-ish tunes ('This Is Your Life', 'The World We Live In', 'Human'). Maybe it will grow on me more after a few listens.

Can anyone e-mail me 'A Crippling Blow'? I'd really like to hear it:

fitzchivalry@gmail.com

Thanks. :)

Finally, picked it up today. Listened to it all the way through once.

Somewhat disappointing. It's much better than Sam's Town to me, but nowhere near as great as their first album. The Killers + horn sections = :yuck:

I miss Hot-Fuss-era Killers. :sad: And the new songs I like the most are the most Hot Fuss-ish tunes ('This Is Your Life', 'The World We Live In', 'Human'). Maybe it will grow on me more after a few listens.

Can anyone e-mail me 'A Crippling Blow'? I'd really like to hear it:

fitzchivalry@gmail.com

Thanks. :)

this is an album you have to listen to more than once to appreciate

I'm liking this album more and more with each listen, I think it's now my favourite Killers album; they've finally learnt to be consistent. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if I start to dig this even more on future listens. Joy Ride is really great :drool:

Here's how I rank the albums at the moment

Day and Age - 7.4
Hot Fuss - 7.2
Sam's Town - 6.8

Upon first listen, I liked it a lot. I can understand why people are so divided on "Joyride" - not sure what I think about that one yet.

The only song I didn't like was the last one, and I downright hated that one.

Thanks, Target, for your $9.98 prices!

The 'Geddy Lee vs. Thom Yorke' thread should be expanded to include Flowers.

THIS is the kind of stuff Flowers thinks will make them bigger than U2 ?

I don't think so Brandon......this is mostly shit

Just a head's up--Amazon has the digital version of the album on sale for $3.99. I wasn't all that impressed by the previews of the tracks, but for that price, I may go ahead and pick it up.

A Dustland Fairytale is growing on me (even though i liked it to start), but i still don't 'get' This Is Your Life. i'm also convinced that Losing Touch is one of the best Killers songs ever (thought still not as good as A Crippling Bow). I Can't Stay is still :up:

A Crippling Blow would have been perfect in Joy Ride's place on the album. Sounds great right after Spaceman.

And I agree that Tidal Wave should've been on this album as well. The album isn't that long anyway.

im not a big a fan of this song, but i love their other 2 xmas songs, Don't Shoot Me Santa and A Great Big Sled

Yeah, I kinda look forward to my Killers Christmas song now, and this was not what I was hoping for. It really is Elton f/ The Killers and not the other way around. Brandon and Neil would've been something quite interesting. Instead Neil sings what? One line?

Okay, so I've heard Losing Touch, Human, Spaceman, Joy Ride and This Is Your Life all on youtube. I've especially listened to the first 3 a few times. I'm not feeling it so far. :slant: I don't want to buy the album just cos the cover is really really pretty to look at. :drool: These tunes, they're not even as memorable as the best songs on Sam's Town! Unless they are reeeeal growers.

You have to listen to the whole thing through a few times Zoots. It is WELL worth it imo. And youtube clips really just don't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom