The Interferencer Cover Song Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I've ever wanted was to make you happy and you throw it back in my face. I HATE YOU! *slams bedroom door*

Really good, Jive. You lost the beat in the bridge, but otherwise awesome. You can't tell you're Canadian or anything!

That shit is dope, Jive. Really good. You've got a bit of the sinister vibe goin on with your vocal in the verses, and it really works.

Sparsity really works for this song, I almost wish you had gone entirely just you and the acoustic guitar for the entire thing. But, damn, this is solid. Our man Jive Turkey can sing, you motherfuckers! Who knew?

I guess I judge stuff like this, in a weird way, based on if I heard it at an open mic. I've been to way too many open mic nights in my life and if I heard someone play "Lucky" like that out of nowhere at an open mic I'd give 'em a standing clap and possibly a few "WHOOOS!"

Good shit.

I'm possibly buying a microphone. In which case I'll have a cover posted in relatively short time.

I'm also trying to purchase and teach myself piano/keyboard soon. If only I had money.

Thanks for the compliments, guys :) It can be a little embarrassing posting yourself singing, but it will be easier to post another now when the time comes.
Who's up next?
Glad to see Pfan and Gaf looking into some microphone action :up:

I tried recording a cover of Brainy on my laptop, which is what made me realized my mic is just not going to cut it. I'm either going to get some like $20 desktop mic or a more expensive one (i.e. Snowball or something like that) that I could use for other things.

Because of my studies and intended line of work, it'll probably be worth it to have a good professional mic. I'm seriously thinking about the Blue Snowball USB mic.

When I play my guitar through the laptop mic, it always sounds sort of crappy too. If you use Garageband to put together your tracks, you can play around with the waveform a little to get a more natural, slightly less muffled sound

Does Garageband function on PCs?

It's not even muffled, it's that no matter what I set in the input volume as, parts will be too loud that it ruins the sound, and other parts will be too quiet to be picked up.

Does Garageband function on PCs?

It's not even muffled, it's that no matter what I set in the input volume as, parts will be too loud that it ruins the sound, and other parts will be too quiet to be picked up.

Just looked into it and apparently not, but this is pretty much the pc equivalent

GarageBand for PC

This is the part I'm stuck at. Whatever I downloaded isn't a .dll, so it's not properly exporting.

The .dll file should be contained within the folder along with several other files. If you want me to run through it with pics as a walkthrough of sorts, I'd be happy to.

The .dll file should be contained within the folder along with several other files. If you want me to run through it with pics as a walkthrough of sorts, I'd be happy to.
There's a bunch of folders I extracted, one actually called "Dll" but it doesn't appear to actually have the .dll file in it.

Back
Top Bottom