The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hah, thank you very much! ;) (I know that already!)

Yeah, we do, don't we!
You know, I like a whole bunch of stars. I've never been the person that travelled other countries to see them (although I've been to Dublin - and will go again hopefully - but not because of U2).
It's just - hmmm - I want to see them happy.
I am not living in a kind of illusion that I'll meet them and stuff.
But knowing that they are happy (although I am QUITE SURE that they don't care about ME) is great!

It's the same with Moz - happy to know he's happy!

been in a real Smiths mood atm. I love Johnny Marr's guitar. It's so lovely :D I love that it compliments Moz's beautiful words so well. *siiiiiiiiiiigh*

'I wear black on the outside....can black is how i feel on the inside'

I love the music to Unloveable. :D

What are some of your favourite tracks?

At the moment: Piccadilly Palare, WILL NEVER MARRY (SO BEAUTIFUL-WORDS AND MUSIC), He knows i"d love to see him, My love life. jach the ripper
World is full of crashing bores, You know i couldnt last. - Moz
Smiths ... i dont know....same as you (unloveable).

I love the Smiths. I'm listening to Louder than Bombs right now actually. My favorite album is Hatful of Hollow (technically a compilation, but I don't really care). Not as big on Moz solo, but his first album is pretty good. I listen to the Smiths mainly for Marr's brilliant songwriting/guitar playing, though.

Yep i am from belgium.. and it's been 7 years since he played here. And this time he's playing in an excellent venue.
it will be the 3rd time I will see him this year (the previous times i had to go to Holland) and with the You are the Quarry tour I had to go to the UK.
I saw him then in the Royal Festival Hall and Earls Court.
Can't wait!!!

yeay, i saw morrissey a few days ago at bennicasim in spain.
wow he did a few smiths songs (how soon is now,panic,still ill,girlfriend in a coma) he was very witty (he had a conversation with an imaginary person called julie, hilarious) dedicated i'll never be anyones hero now to syd barratt.
great stuff!!!!
:drool:

Julie (actually it's Julia) is not an imaginary person.
She runs http://www.true-to-you.net/ and attends every concert Morrissey is playing. I don't know that much about her, but I know she must be very rich if she can attend all the concerts.
Mozzer talks to her at every concert.

Heard this morning on Virgin radio Morrissey singing 'First of the Gang to Die' from the V festival- simply brilliant.

I'm just back from seeing him live, amazing, pretty funny guy as well. His band were great especially the drummer.

Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice sounds brilliant live and wasn't expecting to hear it

Irishteen said:
I'm just back from seeing him live, amazing, pretty funny guy as well. His band were great especially the drummer.

Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice sounds brilliant live and wasn't expecting to hear it

I was under very same impression.I am so glad you like Moz!
Recently, You know i couldnt last is on my mind. It is so beuatiful song. Yes, i am back from vacation and ready for endless talk about our MOz:)

Just started playing You Are The Quarry again, after letting it gather dust for a few months, it really is a great album, possibly his best, anyone else care to share their views on best Moz solo album, & Smiths?
Moz solo = 1.You Are The Quarry, Vauxhall & I
Smiths, The Queen Is Dead

It is really hard decision. But, i recently discovered You are the Quarry again also and i happen to agree with you. This album is simply brilliant. I could listen to it every day(Which i am doing anyway):) As for other Moz solo albums i have my fav.songs on each and every one of them. Like... Will never marry is on Bona drag, Jack the Ripper on World of Morrissey,etc. Many of hard core Moz fans would agree with your choice(Vauxhall&I).For me, it would be Beethoven was Deaf. The version of Seasick,yet still docked and He knows i"d love to see him or Jack the Ripper live are just amazing.His voice as he sings Seasick....it is so hearbreaking.
As for Smiths ..well, that is REALLY hard to tell. I listened to Queen is dead the other day and "I know iTs over..well, i thought this is just TOO MUCH. The album is genious.I like Strangeways very much also.In a word...it is hard to tell when you are absolutely in love with Moz:drool:

Yesterday the last concert in Brussels! 3rd time I saw him this year and easily the best.
Absolutely fantastic.. Stood in the 2nd row right in front of Mozzer..
Brilliant versions of Life is a pigsty, Panic, I'll see you in far off places and espacially Now my heart is full..
Voice is completely gone
Go see the Mozzfather if you can, you won't be dissapointed

No problem..
In The Future When All's Well / Panic / Irish Blood, English Heart / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now? / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / To Me You Are A Work Of Art / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / At Last I Am Born / You Have Killed Me / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-off Places // Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Now My Heart Is Full

Great setlist

I love "I just want to see the boy happy"

The latest album has really grown on me, it's so :drool: the father who must be killed is a great song

Setlist was great.. But I missed Ganglord (a new B-side). A really great song.
He plays it quite often but not in Brussels.
But hey.. we got "Now my heart is full" so I am not complaining

There are so many great Smiths or early solo-Moz songs...he just cant play it all again! What i s your favourite at this moment?
As for B-sides...i would LOVE to hear many more like....I"d love to, Pashernate love....

Well.. he did play Every day is like sunday on his previous tour ( you can hear a great version on the who put the M in Manchester DVD)
My favourite Mozzer song at the moment is Lifeguard sleeping, girl drowning.. That would be great to hear Live..

1stepcloser said:
Why doesn't he ever play .............Every Day Is LIke Sunday any more?

they're fabulous songs

they played a cover of it over the speak system before he came on at the concert I saw, and the crowd sang along to it :drool: does that count?

Irishteen said:

they played a cover of it over the speak system before he came on at the concert I saw, and the crowd sang along to it :drool: does that count?

Yes That's true.. If I am correct it was a version sung by The pretenders

Back
Top Bottom