The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The concert is on July 6th. i still cant believe it:love:
I think it will be awsome. Btw.i really like a lot Bonos comparison with Oscar Wilde(i am in love with Oscar) and yea,Morrissey sure has this painful beauty.

Well, like Moz said: He has read everything from and about Oscar (which I am in love with,too!) Wilde. :D) How can't you be. His using of words is so perfect and he has such an ironic side... lovely. And Moz is just like him. you can hear this in every one of his songs!!

also a fan of Oscar Wilde. After all one of his quotes is my favourite quote ever!

we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

morrissey also writes the most thoughtful beautful things as well

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way ?
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Tried living in the real world
Instead of a shell
But before I began ...
I was bored before I even began

All men have secrets and here is mine
So let it be known
For we have been through hell and high tide
I think I can rely on you ...
And yet you start to recoil
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
But still I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you

:love: :cute:

love the moz

Everlastinglove said:
Well, like Moz said: He has read everything from and about Oscar (which I am in love with,too!) Wilde. :D) How can't you be. His using of words is so perfect and he has such an ironic side... lovely. And Moz is just like him. you can hear this in every one of his songs!!

You are absolutely right! I never saw that connection before(how strangei s that?).But, really, Occar loved mixture of irony and paradox with beauty the most!
The thing i need to share with you is that i listened new album yesterday. It is really most beautiful ever!To me you are worl of art.....On the streets i ran ....and every song is special and piece of art. His happinnes didnt do any damage, i can see. :)

Well to be honest.... Moz is A LOT BETTER than Bono. Lyrically! It's hard to compare them but when it's about lyrics Moz is the better one. And hey, he said: he's nice.... Did Moz ever say someone is nice?????!!!! So it's a HUGE compliment!!! :D

@ Girlhappy, like I said, he's a huge Wilde fan! :D Can't imagine why! :D ;) (Well, yes I can!)

He does have a point with the radio 1 playlist, they are making their listeners miss out on some great music because of that ridiculous age policy thing they have, but from a personal point of view I'm glad they introduced it, so I don't have to listen to that monotonus fat boring twerp moyles, Jesus, I had the misfortune to be working away from home recently, with a predominantly younger group of people, who HAD to start their day listening to that stupid immature twat, whilst waiting for breakfast one day, I timed how long he was prattling on between records vainly trying to sound humourous, but failing dismally, he, & his equally unfunny companions went on for 14 minutes before playing another song, no wonder Mark Lamarr rips him to shreds any time his name is mentioned, how anyone with an IQ in double figures can find that overpaid gimp funny is totally beyond me!!!
There, glad to get that off my chest

Everlastinglove said:
Well to be honest.... Moz is A LOT BETTER than Bono. Lyrically! It's hard to compare them but when it's about lyrics Moz is the better one. And hey, he said: he's nice.... Did Moz ever say someone is nice?????!!!! So it's a HUGE compliment!!! :D

@ Girlhappy, like I said, he's a huge Wilde fan! :D Can't imagine why! :D ;) (Well, yes I can!)

:lmao:
Well ,you are right! Moz has a hard time to say something nice about someone:)
To be honest: as much as i adore u2 ,especially early stuff,...it is hard for me not to say that i got feeling...Well,like i said for Moz i think that happinnes didnt spoil him. What i meant is he is stong lyrically as he is usually. But, as for u2...a think that in the last two albums happiness sort of "spoiled" them.Like..they are in too much comfort with their happy families, money and everything.
i still love them, but Moz will obviously never lose his super-sensibility and he will always be aware of the other side. just my two cents :shrug:

jimmmm said:
He does have a point with the radio 1 playlist, they are making their listeners miss out on some great music because of that ridiculous age policy thing they have, but from a personal point of view I'm glad they introduced it, so I don't have to listen to that monotonus fat boring twerp moyles, Jesus, I had the misfortune to be working away from home recently, with a predominantly younger group of people, who HAD to start their day listening to that stupid immature twat, whilst waiting for breakfast one day, I timed how long he was prattling on between records vainly trying to sound humourous, but failing dismally, he, & his equally unfunny companions went on for 14 minutes before playing another song, no wonder Mark Lamarr rips him to shreds any time his name is mentioned, how anyone with an IQ in double figures can find that overpaid gimp funny is totally beyond me!!!
There, glad to get that off my chest

I think the chris moyles show is great. He's far more entertaining than any other of their DJ's.

Also notice how Never Mind The Buzzcocks is much better without that egotistical twat mark lamarr presenting it. The guest presenters are much better. Especially Clarkson the other week :lol:

He makes me laugh. Comedy Dave makes me laugh. If people find him offensive then fine, i like it. If he says something offensive and i find it funny then i won't take the moral highground, i'll just laugh. He's got the highest listener ratings the Radio 1 breakfast show has had for years and that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. he's pulled them out of the doldrums and fair play to him.

I don't really get much of a chance to listen to the show now 'cos i'm a lazy student and by the time i wake up it's usually Jo Whiley or Colin Murray on :wink:

Moyles or Wogan in the morning? there's only one answer to that question really...

girlhappy said:

:lmao:
Well ,you are right! Moz has a hard time to say something nice about someone:)
To be honest: as much as i adore u2 ,especially early stuff,...it is hard for me not to say that i got feeling...Well,like i said for Moz i think that happinnes didnt spoil him. What i meant is he is stong lyrically as he is usually. But, as for u2...a think that in the last two albums happiness sort of "spoiled" them.Like..they are in too much comfort with their happy families, money and everything.
i still love them, but Moz will obviously never lose his super-sensibility and he will always be aware of the other side. just my two cents :shrug:

Well, I don't think that they have been spoiled with everything. There was a lot what was going on the past 5 years that wasn't that good. It's just they are doing mainstream lyrics. That's all. Moz NEVER will be mainstream. Thank god. That's what makes it interessting. Lyrically I loved the early U2 work a lot more than the present one.... Bono writes good love songs... from time to time ;). But noone can write them as good as Moz.

"and if a double-decker bus crashes into us - to die by your side is such a beautiful way to die...." I mean it's true... If you are REALLY in love you feel that way...! Bono's best love songs always are about Ali. They are DEFINITELY NOT bad... it's just that they are more personal to him.... If I would not be a U2 fan... maybe I could listen to those tracks more objective.... but as I am I always know that they're about Ali...
Moz is more open... you can relate to those lyrics...

Bono: "That's what I don't get...I don't get the miserable thing...at all...I find him very funny "Girlfriend in a Coma" when I heard it, I nearly crashed my car and ended up in a coma. He has that gift. That is not the mark of a miserable man. They're just miserable people that dont' get the humor."

i know that Bono gave Morrissey an award a few years back (or was it the other way around i don't remember anymore) And I know that there was a clip circulating the internet where you could see the both of them walking offstage together talking and laughing.

I am also pretty sure Mozzer was at one of the Slane concerts. I also saw a picture but that was a long time ago.

I don't think he's a fan of U2 but there is respect from his side and that's a lot coming from Mozzer

I 'll try to find them, but not sure if I will find it back.

I found a little more info..

Morrissey presented U2 with the Best Band Award in 1998 in Belfast at the Hotpress Awards. He said 'this goes to the very sexy U2'. He sat conversing with Bono throughout the nights event.

Everlastinglove said:

"and if a double-decker bus crashes into us - to die by your side is such a beautiful way to die...." I mean it's true... If you are REALLY in love you feel that way...! Bono's best love songs always are about Ali. They are DEFINITELY NOT bad... it's just that they are more personal to him.... If I would not be a U2 fan... maybe I could listen to those tracks more objective.... but as I am I always know that they're about Ali...
Moz is more open... you can relate to those lyrics...

Yeas, i also always relate Bonos lyrics to Ali. And i believe they are wonderful as a couple. The thing is:eek:bviously Moz didnt have "Ali" which explains why Bono "doesnt get the miserable thing".I mean how could he understand?No matter what, he always had strong love and support. I think that2s why you feel Moz has more beautiful songs.Pain and suffering can produce the greatedst beauty. And Bono didnt suffer like that. He really doesnt get it how is like when !That joke isnt funny any more. "
Although i love few lyris on new albums like...True love can keep beauty innocent....one of my favourites ever

Everlastinglove said:
I think you got me wrong. They both have had hard times in life, it's just the they cope with it very differently when it comes to lyrics. That's all! :)

Well, anyway: They both ROCK! :D

I agree they both had hard times, i just think Bono didnt experienced "there's a club if you'd like to go you
could meet somebody who really loves you
so you go, and you stand on your own and
you leave on your own and you go home,
and you cry and you want to die." or "If the day came when i felt the natural emotion i ll get such an shock ill probably jump to the ocean. Or "i entered nothing and nothin entered me. "

And i just couldnt resist to quote:

I see the world it makes me puke...... I listen his new album all the time

:drool: :drool:

I've had 'I Know It's Over' on repeat for ages :drool: Just thought I'd share that piece of useless info. It's a really great song, fantastic lyrics ('Oh Mother I can feel the soil falling in over my head'- has there ever been a better expression of desolation in music?!), amazing vocal and the song picks up at exactly the right moment. :up:

As for "There is a light that never goes out" is there ever been e better expression of frustration and unsatisfied desire????
TheQuiet...beautiful observation. i know its over is ..... work of art also:drool:

I love both Morrissey's and Bono's lyrics, but you just can't compare them.

On a brighter note: bought my ticket for Morrissey's gig at Marlay Park in Dublin on the 22nd of August! Can't wait!! :wink:

There is something a little more "real" about Morrissey's lyrics I reckon, but that is not to say that they are better than U2's

Ive got the singles compilation, queen is dead and meat is murder (which i don't know all that well yet).

Just a few questions.

1. Is Morrissey really a hardline right-winger as I have heard some people say?

2. Can anyone gimme a chronological rundown of the official Smiths studio albums, as well as the Morrissey studio albums

Last edited:
Also, as a budding lyricist, I think Morrissey is arguably the Shakespeare of lyricism, and every lyricist should use him as inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom