Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only know them because a colleague of mine hates Tame Impala because he says they ripped off Dungen.

Could be true, I've never heard a Dungen song. But I really like Tame Impala.

Interesting that you say the repetition in some tracks bothers you but you list Keep On Lying as one of your favourite tracks. That one (though I do like it quite a bit) begins to drag on and the background riff stays throughout the entire track.

No, man! :wink: The repetition on Keep On Lying is different. At least it goes somewhere! For example, would you call the repetition on The Doors' Light My Fire boring? I wouldn't... because it takes me to wonderful places before returning to the chorus. Come to think of it, Keep On Lying is a bit like Light My Fire. The repetition on some of the other tracks doesn't seem to go anywhere, at least to my ears.. so far.

Will definitely listen to that bonus track you posted.

If you want something a bit heavier like Innerspeaker but similarly psychedelic, check out Ta Det Lugnt by Dungen. Arguably my favorite psych rock record of the last 10 years.

Interesting. Will check it out. Thanks. :up:

I'm also curious about that Pond album... beard wives denim whatever.

That bonus track 'Led Zeppelin' was quite nice... and very aptly titled I should say. :wink:

I also want to check out the pre-Innerspeaker songs on youtube. Too much music to discover. Not enough time.

I only know them because a colleague of mine hates Tame Impala because he says they ripped off Dungen.

Could be true, I've never heard a Dungen song. But I really like Tame Impala.

Then you should join us tomorrow.

Just listened to (the first half of) Innerspeaker again and goddamn is that a good album or what?!! I think it's the guitars that are all over the place that's just slaying me here with musical awesomeness. :drool:

Alter Ego :drool::drool::drool:
Lucidity :drool::drool::drool:
Make Up Your Mind :drool::drool::drool:

/xavidrool

And just so I'm in the mood, lemme do the song by song rating for Innerspeaker as well :p

It's Not Meant To Be: Great song for sitting around smoking weed. Or rather, you don't need weed to get high when you got songs like these. 5/5

Desire Be Desire Go: Back and forth, back and forth of delicious 60s style riffs. 4.5/5

Alter Ego: Holy guitars, bass and vocal harmonies (or is that just delayed echo or whatever?)... 5/5

Lucidity: Riffage!! of the addictive type... 5/5

Make Up Your Mind?: More guitars and they're loud! 5/5

Solitude Is Bliss: It sure is. 4.5/5

Jeremy's Storm: What a great instrumental to break up the Lennon overdose. ;) 5/5

Expectations: Very interesting, very different. 4.5/5

Bold Arrow Of Time: Time....... flow......... slowwwwwwwwww. 5/5

Runway, Houses, City, Clouds: Kinda like the I Want You (She's So Heavy) of this album? 5/5

I Don't Really Mind: Great chugging finish to a stellar album! 4.5/5

I think I, too, prefer Innerspeaker. It might be for personal reasons, since I listened to the hell out of that album in a tough period of my life. I get that Lonerism sees the band improve in some aspects, but deep down I think they didn't reach the peaks of Alter Ego and Runaway Houses, City, Clouds.

Well, okay then. I'm not alone. It just seemed like most people here rave about Lonerism much more than Innerspeaker. And I understand that the band has incorporated more new elements into their sound and the singer sounds less like Lennon and so on. But I agree with Padj that the second album doesn't quite reach the heights of something like Alter Ego or Runway.

In all fairness, it's tough for your favorite bands to have shitty fans when they have no fans at all.

Tame Impala to Release Live EP, Share Live Version of "Be Above It" | News | Pitchfork

9b28be7b.jpg

On Record Store Day (April 19), Tame Impala will release an EP called Live Versions via Modular. And you guessed it: It'll feature live recordings from the band. The set was recorded during a 2013 concert in Chicago. According to a press release, Tame Impala's Kevin Parker picked the songs "based on how different the live versions are from the album versions. His goal was to give fans something they won’t already have; something they’ve only previously experienced at a Tame Impala show."

Live Versions:

01 Endors Toi
02 Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind
03 Sestri Levante
04 Mind Mischief
05 Desire Be Desire Go
06 Half Full Glass
07 Be Above It
08 Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

Back
Top Bottom