Tame Impala - Lonerism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I'm late to the party, but this album is grrreat. For God knows what reason, I didn't feel compelled to listen to this album in spite of all the positive reviews and me liking Innerspeaker.

The album is one blissful trip so it's difficult to pick favorites.

I really think this is becoming one of my favourite albums. Like, ever. It's just absolute bliss from start to finish. I don't even skip Be Above It anymore. It's certainly up there with the best from the past few years.

Favourite moment: when that guitar riff comes in over the top of the vocals towards the end of Music To Walk Home By.

I really think this is becoming one of my favourite albums. Like, ever. It's just absolute bliss from start to finish. I don't even skip Be Above It anymore. It's certainly up there with the best from the past few years.

Favourite moment: when that guitar riff comes in over the top of the vocals towards the end of Music To Walk Home By.

Agreed. This has been my go to album when I don't know what I want to listen to.....going on about 6 months.

I listened to Lonerism and The Terror back to back the other night. Felt like I was tripping balls for two hours.

According to iTunes, I haven't listened to the album since December.

Just got back from the gig at Festy Hall. Only the second time I've been there, after the LCD/Hot Chip gig in August 2010. Thankfully I got GA this time. Anyway it was a fucking great show. Just an absolutely glorious wall of sound. KParks' voice seemed a little high, like he was straining it a bit, but it didn't bother me much. Some thoughts:

- Opened with Solitude is Bliss, which was pretty sweet. Was followed by Enders Toi and Apocalypse Dreams, both awesome.
- Most of the "hits" came early on/mid-set, ie Elephant (fucking sweet live), Backwards.
- Music To Walk Home By, perhaps my favourite Tame Impala song, was great, although you the riff that comes in over the final verse wasn't as pronounced as I hoped.
- Mind Mischief sounded so fucking good, they changed up the music in a few spots, but for some reason they don't play it like on the record. The only bit Parker sings is that soaring vocal part before the breakdown, he doesn't sing the verses, which really sucks. They also don't do the speaker cross-fade thing. So what they did play of it sounded amazing, but it was a bummer not to hear the actual track. Keep on Lying was shorter as well.
- Got Alter Ego, which has been one of my favourite songs for ages. That propulsive rhythm is so good.
- Two of the dudes we were with decided about three-quarters of the way through the show to go to the toilet and get a beer, even though the only bar is downstairs, and you can't take drinks back out into the venue.
- Closed the main set with Half Full Glass of Wine, which I didn't know, but was absolutely awesome. Probably went for about 10 minutes or something, moving from stomping rock to some pretty cathartic riffs.
- Came back out for Nothing That Has Happened... which was just about the highlight of the night, unbelievable how good it sounds live, all those layers. Just bliss, bliss, bliss.

So yeah, fucking great show. You're all in for a treat when they come back your way. :up:

I got my ticket for Pomona, wirh no help from Ticketass. The verify by visa link wasn't linking for each of the three times I tried in a 20 minute block. Thank goodness for my beloved iphone. No need to verify my damn visa on it, so now I have a ticket. happyface

Back
Top Bottom