Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BITUSA is solid all the way through. It may not have the substance of his previous output, but it's still a stellar record nonetheless.

That said, some of the outtakes are killer and could have made the album even better.

as for born in the usa... thankfully we have so many live recordings, because i think this is a case where the actual songs (SONGS SONGS SONGS) have held up - but the production values of the studio recording has aged poorly.

https://youtu.be/j6-9p9O-nYw

i'll listen to the full album live recording of the album and still enjoy the hell out of it, whereas i can't tell you the last time i listened to the proper studio album front to back.

downbound train through my hometown is a crazy run of good songs.

Last edited:
I thought I was the outlier here on the studio album.

Yeah, as I said above, it's not the writing that's the problem. I really enjoy the versions on the Live 75-85 boxed set for the most part.

I had no idea this thread was hopping, but I've slowly been relistening to his discography over the last two weeks and falling in love all over again, so I'm here for it.

My boss sent me the trailer for this today :lol:. I guess I'm the resident Springsteen fan in our office now. I'm SUPER excited to see it.

This collaboration would have been a lot more welcome like 20 years ago:

Worth noting, somewhat surprisingly, that Mellencamp is 69 and only 3 years younger than Springsteen.

I don't know, outside of looking thin, I think Bruce looks fine. But thanks to Norm I'm now going to assume something terrible about any celebrity that starts looking not themselves, so thanks all of you for pointing out that he looks older suddenly.

I don't care how depressing the content is, I can't believe I'm seeing or hearing this. Bruce and Mellencamp singing together might be the most exciting moment in my musical life.

Is he really looking that bad? Maybe I haven't seen a picture of him recently, but he looked fine on the last tour, to my recollection. But I mean, if he really did almost die, I can see that aging someone. At the end of the day he's in his 60s, it doesn't seem that crazy that he would start aging a bit faster in appearance.

Is he really looking that bad? Maybe I haven't seen a picture of him recently

Don't go to the beach in Malibu near Edge's place

48237795-10016443-image-m-42_1632304259129.jpg

Watched No Nukes this weekend. The thing that separates it from other tour videos of the 70's is that, because this was professionally filmed, you've got plenty of different camera angles, audience shots, and terrific sound quality. It may be a shortened set overall, but it's a great representation of him live at that time. Good stuff.

It was also cool seeing Tom Petty on the same stage with him, if only briefly, for Stay. You'd think those two would have interacted more during their careers.

Back
Top Bottom